Converting Non Immigrant To Retirement

I presently have a tourist ( 30 day ) visa, its my 12th in 3 years. Time to become more permanent. I'm interested in obtaining a 90 day multiple entry visa, then obtaining my retirement visa ( unfortunately , I qualify in age ).

My Q is "If I obtain the 90 day NIV,, can I immediately convert to retirement ( with proper forms ) or must I wait the 90 days to apply. I ask because, I'll be out of country at the 90 day point.

You do not convert it you apply for an extension of stay at immigration. You can apply for it during the last 30 days of your 90 day permit to stay,

You can get a single entry non-o visa at most nearby consulates by just showing your passport as proof of your age. You do not need to get a multiple entry visa.

The most important thing you will need is proof of 65K baht income proved by a income letter from your embassy or having 800K baht in a Thai bank for 60 days. Or you can use of a combination of the 2 to get a total of 800K baht.

After you get the extension you will need to get a re-entry permit in order to leave the country and not loose your extension. Single re-entry is 1000 baht multiple 3800 baht.

Edited by ubonjoe

You could even do it with what you have now providing you have at least 21 days left .

It would mean applying for a conversion to a Non Imm Visa at Immigration 2,000 Baht providing you meet the requirements for the 12 month extension. And then applying for the extension 1,900 Baht.