Pizza Hut Warning!

syd barrett

I have been a regular (and satisfied) customer of Pizza Hut in Pattaya for many years.

However the last two medium pizzas ordered have shrunk considerably in size. The first time it happened I thought it was a mistake, but on the second occassion, I reached for my 12 inch rule.

Medium size pizza diameter pre-August 15th 2009: 10.5 inches

Medium size pizza diameter post-August 15th 2009: 8 inches

They even place a special white cardboard insert inside the box to make the shrunken pizza 'snug'.

This is absolutely outrageous cost cutting, and the savings are not passed onto 'Joe Public'.

Be warned, I will switch to other pizza companies now.

Is carrying a ruler into restaurants just a habit of expats based in Pattaya?

I usually just carry a small pair of scales to insure that my quarter pounder really does weigh a quarter of a pound and not a measly 100grams.

Scoff if you will but if Syd's measurements are accurate the size of that pizza has been reduced by over 40% without, I assume, any reduction in price. To my mind, that's well worthy of comment, but then maybe I'm just a Cheap Charlie!

Pizza Company is much better than Pizza Hut anyway, but their Pizza's are also small and high priced. Their use to be a place across from carefour, I don't know if it's still their since I moved up to Korat, but this guy was from Italy, and he made the Thin crust Italian Pizza for 200 Baht. Very tasty.

Barry

Pizza Company is much better than Pizza Hut anyway, but their Pizza's are also small and high priced. Their use to be a place across from carefour, I don't know if it's still their since I moved up to Korat, but this guy was from Italy, and he made the Thin crust Italian Pizza for 200 Baht. Very tasty.

Barry

The owner of that place had shall we say "legal problems" back in Italia ...

size of that pizza has been reduced by over 40% without, I assume, any reduction in price.

An easy trick to play with pizzas. Shaving off only a small percentage of the diameter results in a big reduction to the total surface area.

You guys are just plain lucky to have a smaller pizza.

Just a couple of days ago, a pizza hut branch in Paris got their license suspended because a customer had a 'free appetizer' included in his pizza pepperoni delivered right to his door step. A DEAD RAT.

So maybe that's what they call 'Buy 1 get 1 free!'

I guess if the rat died after eating some of the pizza there is real cause for concern.

I have been a regular (and satisfied) customer of Pizza Hut in Pattaya for many years.

However the last two medium pizzas ordered have shrunk considerably in size. The first time it happened I thought it was a mistake, but on the second occassion, I reached for my 12 inch rule.

They even place a special white cardboard insert inside the box to make the shrunken pizza 'snug'.

This is absolutely outrageous cost cutting, and the savings are not passed onto 'Joe Public'.

Complain to William Bill Heinecke, the American owner of the chain. Who knows he feels embarrassed. I am sure the Thai customers won't take this. Oops I take that back, he's the owner of PC after refusing to sign a PH agreement not to sell 5 star chicken sold in stalls on the street.

Edited by dre1247

Complain to William Bill Heinecke, the American owner of the chain. Who knows he feels embarrassed. I am sure the Thai customers won't take this. Oops I take that back, he's the owner of PC after refusing to sign a PH agreement not to sell 5 star chicken sold in stalls on the street.

Thanks for he feedback. Unfortunately the credit-crunch and worldwide depression has hit Pizza Hut in Thailand and someone came up with the idea of reducing the diameter of the pizza. The fact that they had several thousand 10.5 inch cardboard pizza delivery boxes was solved by createing a white cardboard insert which makes the pizza fit snugly despite the fact it now has a diameter of 8 inches. :)

Thanks for he feedback. Unfortunately the credit-crunch and worldwide depression has hit Pizza Hut in Thailand and someone came up with the idea of reducing the diameter of the pizza. The fact that they had several thousand 10.5 inch cardboard pizza delivery boxes was solved by createing a white cardboard insert which makes the pizza fit snugly despite the fact it now has a diameter of 8 inches. :)

So once again the economic crisis is only to hit the customer since he pays the same money for a smaller pizza while the company gets the same money to deliver a cheaper product.

Why are the company's,who actually created the s_hit that is happening now with their greedy policy's,never held responsible.Ok just forget it the small guy never gonna win.

It is just Pizza Hut`s way of doing something about obesety..... :)

Thanks, but no-thanks if I wanted to eat an eight inch I'd say so, I much prefer to eat a 10.5 inch.

You must agree surely?

They did this with that 259 baht promo deal. Other mediums (not part of a deal from what I can tell) are the regular size as before. At least it was last night.

It is just Pizza Hut`s way of doing something about obesety..... :)

Thanks, but no-thanks if I wanted to eat an eight inch I'd say so, I much prefer to eat a 10.5 inch.

You must agree surely?

They did this with that 259 baht promo deal. Other mediums (not part of a deal from what I can tell) are the regular size as before. At least it was last night.

On the 259 Promo meal advert it says a 'medium' pizza. There are only two sizes of pizza at Pizza Hut: 'Medium' and 'Large'.

Here is a photograph of the new pizza box which can only be described as 'Small'.

post-4408-1252673920_thumb.jpg

A year or so ago in Tasmania, Australia one of the brewers reduced the size of its beer bottles from the aussie standard 375 ml down

to 330 ml which is common in Asia and elsewhere - without reducing the price.

There was a HUGE uproar from drinkers, sales dropped dramatically overnight and the company, Boags were inundated with protests.

In very short order the decision was reversed, the 375 ml bottles were re-instated and the company issued an apology.

Consumers CAN make the PR**KS take notice, IF they get off their butts !