Looking To Hire A Writer With Skills

ChiangMaiThai

In the next couple months I will need to hire a writer to write a 15,000 word Master's degree level dissertation on a public relations topic. It will require real life research such as interviews and perhaps focus groups. (These can all be very casual as long as the final product looks good). I will pay a fee of 25,000 baht for the finished product.

The final product MUST be well written, well researched and well referenced. It will take time to put together. If it was something that could be done in a day on the internet, I would do it myself. The best candidate for the job will have experience writing university level papers and preferably will have already written a thesis or dissertation.

I would prefer that you live in Chiang Mai so that I can meet with you first, but if appear to be the right person for the job and you live elsewhere, we could probably work something out.

I do not want to hire anyone for another 4-6 weeks, but I am putting out some feelers to see what kind of interest there may be among tv.com members. Please PM me with your background and ability if you would like to be considered for the job. A writing sample would be useful.

I will also need a couple smaller papers written of 5000 words, also in the communications/PR fields. For these I will be paying 8000 baht.

In addition, there could be a couple 2500 word essays. For these I will be paying 5000 baht.

Please PM if you are interested. Thanks!

As Sauron is apparently asking - are the writers doing the research and the writing for somebody else to take the credit?

I don't take that as cheating, on the part of the researcher and ghostwriter. If the MA. or Ph.D. candidate wants to claim it as their own, that's their problem.

I don't take that as cheating, on the part of the researcher and ghostwriter. If the MA. or Ph.D. candidate wants to claim it as their own, that's their problem.

Naturally its not cheating by the ghostwriter, who is just a hired hand, (and a hired hand, whom, if they have any sense should require payment upfront)

I'm talking about the candidate !

In the next couple months I will need to hire a writer to write a 15,000 word Master's degree level dissertation on a public relations topic. It will require real life research such as interviews and perhaps focus groups. (These can all be very casual as long as the final product looks good). I will pay a fee of 25,000 baht for the finished product.

The final product MUST be well written, well researched and well referenced. It will take time to put together. If it was something that could be done in a day on the internet, I would do it myself. The best candidate for the job will have experience writing university level papers and preferably will have already written a thesis or dissertation.

I would prefer that you live in Chiang Mai so that I can meet with you first, but if appear to be the right person for the job and you live elsewhere, we could probably work something out.

I do not want to hire anyone for another 4-6 weeks, but I am putting out some feelers to see what kind of interest there may be among tv.com members.  Please PM me with your background and ability if you would like to be considered for the job. A writing sample would be useful.

I will also need a couple smaller papers written of 5000 words, also in the communications/PR fields. For these I will be paying 8000 baht.

In addition, there could be a couple 2500 word essays. For these I will be paying 5000 baht.

Please PM if you are interested. Thanks!

Don't be a cheap charlie -- want it done well? ... make it $25,000. :o

I agree Harmonica, I looked at that, thought of all the work involved and 25,000 baht wouldnt make a good deposit. Now if its a dissertation on say.... short time, and expenses are included.......might be just about right.

Like I said, i'm just posing the question to see if there would be any interest. If not in the dissertation, perhaps the essays. I think there is some writer out there in love with thailand but a little short on cash so I thought I'd post here before going to google. 25000 is nothing for some and plenty for others...

Maybe I should have included something to the point of 'no moral qualms please'. The writer would clearly be writing on behalf of someone working on their degree who would prefer not to do any work. Thanks!

I think there is some writer out there in love with thailand but a little short on cash so I thought I'd post here before going to google. 25000 is nothing for some and plenty for others...

That was yesterday's Scampy for those of you who think I fit the bill, though i appreciate the recommendation - a word I'm sure I have just mis-spelt.

I'm a little sick of Thailand and am currently DJ'םng in Cambodia while I decide which laptop to buy when I return to Bangkok later this month.

I don't think I'm the man for the job and I don't need the money but I'll keep my eye on this post - I hope you find what you're looking for, there are probably plently of skint yet talented writers about, wheather or not they are members of TV or not, remains to be seen.

P.S. I refuse to play any hip-hop or R&B. :o ...Otherwise I'd be spinning the discs somewhere in Bangers.

Edited by The Gentleman Scamp

"Public relations and communication." Sounds like a poli- sci student. A future U.S. Congressman.

Perfect !

He already has a couple of the basic skills to be a GREAT one. a)Do as little as possible for the most amount of credit. :D Money can solve all problems.

:o

"Public relations and communication." Sounds like a poli- sci student. A future U.S. Congressman.

Perfect !

He already has a couple of the  basic skills to be a GREAT one. a)Do as little as possible for the most amount of credit. :D Money can solve all problems.

Yep, the student in question is building social ties, while at the same time doing no work whatsoever. And you know what? It will pay off and this student will be given a posh job in the family company and life will be good. Welcome to the world.

It will be in the Public Relations/Communications field. This is not for a Thai student or any Thai university.

PM and E-mail scampy...he could be interested and has the writing skills.

ChiangMaiThai

I think the literary expression is " Hoisted with your own petard".

Yep, the student in question is building social ties, while at the same time doing no work whatsoever. And you know what? It will pay off and this student will be given a posh job in the family company and life will be good. Welcome to the world.

I'll take a look at the Assignment and send over transcripts if payment is upfront, as given the general blase ethical tone I don't think billing after delivery is going to meet with much response.

Like the old Monty Python Merchant Banker sketch..."Ah, well - you've done the work - now why should I pay you, why don't I just keep the money for myself"

Happens all the time in Asia to we beleaguered writers !!

I'll take a look at the Assignment and send over transcripts if payment is upfront, as given the general blase ethical tone I don't think billing after delivery is going to meet with much response.

Like the old Monty Python Merchant Banker sketch..."Ah, well - you've done the work - now why should I pay you, why don't I just keep the money for myself"

Happens all the time in Asia to we beleaguered writers !!

Regarding the blase ethical tone, there is just no reason to beat around the bush. Someone needs their work done. They don't want to do it themselves. If you want to make some money and can do it, great. The fact that I have no moral qualms regarding someone who doesn't want to do all their work towards their degree does not mean that I am a dishonest person looking to rip you off. It just means that I don't see it as any crime. If anything, the student is doing a dis-service to themselves, but who am I to say? Payment will not be up front unless you come with references and have been in Chiang Mai awhile in which case I may pay a 33% deposit. I would be a fool to pay someone in Thailand who I just met on the internet for work before it is done. If you don't trust me that I will pay you when the job is done, that is okay!

Regarding the blase ethical tone, there is just no reason to beat around the bush. Someone needs their work done. They don't want to do it themselves. If you want to make some money and can do it, great. The fact that I have no moral qualms regarding someone who doesn't want to do all their work towards their degree does not mean that I am a dishonest person looking to rip you off. It just means that I don't see it as any crime. If anything, the student is doing a dis-service to themselves, but who am I to say? Payment will not be up front unless you come with references and have been in Chiang Mai awhile in which case I may pay a 33% deposit. I would be a fool to pay someone in Thailand who I just met on the internet for work before it is done. If you don't trust me that I will pay you when the job is done, that is okay!

By your own admission, you are aiding and abetting a cheat.

In my first post, I said it sounded like a uni student cheating.

Your reply to that post was a bare-faced lie.

The reason that you have "no moral qualms" is because you have the morals of a starving shark. Basically, you're amoral.

Oh.....and what percentage of the fee will you be keeping as the middle-man?

You sir, are a cad, a blackguard and a boundah!

The reason that you have "no moral qualms" is because you have the morals of a starving shark. Basically, you're amoral.

I said that it was not a THAI uni student. And not for a THAI university. Read again my friend. I'm not amoral. I just see things differently than yourself if that's a concept you can grasp. This person cheating on their degree will hurt no one. Maybe if it was a medical degree, but its not... I'm not helping someone steal or and I would not. When you buy a TV or a car, do you sarcastically ask the shop how much they make as the middle man? No, because you accept that you need them in order to get what you want. This is the same. The person who writes this can not get the job without going through me so the question becomes irrelevant. Morals are relative. Your ideas on morals are just that, your ideas. They are not the undisputed world standard. Read some of the famous philosophers.

I said that it was not a THAI uni student. And not for a THAI university. Read again my friend. I'm not amoral. I just see things differently than yourself if that's a concept you can grasp. This person cheating on their degree will hurt no one. Maybe if it was a medical degree, but its not... I'm not helping someone steal or and I would not. When you buy a TV or a car, do you sarcastically ask the shop how much they make as the middle man? No, because you accept that you need them in order to get what you want. This is the same. The person who writes this can not get the job without going through me so the question becomes irrelevant. Morals are relative. Your ideas on morals are just that, your ideas. They are not the undisputed world standard. Read some of the famous philosophers.

Or have a poor traveller read them on your behalf and write you a briefing with the more salient parts. For a fee, of course.

Ok, I think we all have made our points and ChiangMaiThai has further explained his position in an extremely clear and candid way.

The only route for this discussion from here onwards would be to further debate ChiangMaiThais ethics/morals, but everone can decide their position on those for themselves.. And/or they can decide if they want to be part of the proposed business deal. I'll close this one for now.

Cheers,

Chanchao