Norwegian Ex-tourist Police Volunteer Arrested In Pattaya For Drugs Dealing

Rimmer

Pattaya, September 3,[PDN]: On the 3rd September 2009, John Johansen, an ex member of the Pattaya Foreign Police Volunteers, was arrested by police, charged with drugs and firearms offenses.

The 39 year old Norwegian was arrested in a sting operation organized by Police Lieutenant Colonel Somsak Nongpong, Deputy Superintendent of The Office of The Narcotic Control Board and his team. At the time of his arrest Johansen had in his possession 40 grams of heroin, and a .38mm gun with 10 bullets. Police also confiscated his Honda motorbike, reg. no. 283 Chonburi.

Johansen, a long time (10 years) resident of Pattaya, was arrested at the El Paso restaurant located at 124/49-51 Moo. 10, South Pattaya, Nongprue.

Johansen has been operating a company providing visa, work permit and translation services in soi 13, besides running “Ingos” bar on Pattaya’s third road with a partner.

Police revealed that he had been supplying drugs to foreigners using his position in the Volunteer Police as a cover. He claimed he knew many police officers in Chonburi and bragged that no one would want to make a problem for him.

At 7:30 pm today (3rd September) the editor of PDN was notified by Mr. Howard Miller, the leader of the Volunteer Tourist Police, that Johansen had been sacked from his team about 6 months ago because it was discovered he had a dark past. Johansen has now been taken to the office of Narcotics Suppression Bureau for further processing.

PDN would like to assure its readers that we will be following the developments in this case closely and will provide updates as and when we receive them.

Source:

http://pattayadailynews.com/shownews.php?IDNEWS=0000010247

• Like 1

At 7:30 pm today (3rd September) the editor of PDN was notified by Mr. Howard Miller, the leader of the Volunteer Tourist Police, that Johansen had been sacked from his team about 6 months ago because it was discovered he had a dark past.

OMG...... :D

are there no police checks or interview process for these vounteers then :)

Pattaya, September 3,[PDN]: On the 3rd September 2009, John Johansen, an ex member of the Pattaya Foreign Police Volunteers, was arrested by police, charged with drugs and firearms offenses.

The 39 year old Norwegian was arrested in a sting operation organized by Police Lieutenant Colonel Somsak Nongpong, Deputy Superintendent of The Office of The Narcotic Control Board and his team. At the time of his arrest Johansen had in his possession 40 grams of heroin, and a .38mm gun with 10 bullets. Police also confiscated his Honda motorbike, reg. no. 283 Chonburi.

Johansen, a long time (10 years) resident of Pattaya, was arrested at the El Paso restaurant located at 124/49-51 Moo. 10, South Pattaya, Nongprue.

Johansen has been operating a company providing visa, work permit and translation services in soi 13, besides running "Ingos" bar on Pattaya's third road with a partner.

Police revealed that he had been supplying drugs to foreigners using his position in the Volunteer Police as a cover. He claimed he knew many police officers in Chonburi and bragged that no one would want to make a problem for him.

At 7:30 pm today (3rd September) the editor of PDN was notified by Mr. Howard Miller, the leader of the Volunteer Tourist Police, that Johansen had been sacked from his team about 6 months ago because it was discovered he had a dark past. Johansen has now been taken to the office of Narcotics Suppression Bureau for further processing.

PDN would like to assure its readers that we will be following the developments in this case closely and will provide updates as and when we receive them.

Source:

http://pattayadailynews.com/shownews.php?IDNEWS=0000010247

well done PATTAYA POLICE get the scum of the streets

A few months ago, there was an Australian guy who used to be a manager with some shady Norwegian developer along Jomtien beach. Knudsen, if my memory serves me right. He was blogging that the developer was a crook and people should be careful.

Anyway, he wrote that this guy Johansen had been threatening him with all sorts of torture and jail if he continued his expose. I believe his passport was taken and he was trying all sorts to get it back, it was pretty scary stuff.

I hope he gets what he deserves

Here is a statement I sent to PDN regarding this story....I will not be making any further comments on this matter:

Statement from Howard Miller – Group Leader – Foreign Tourist Police Assistants

I would like to begin by clarifying some information in the above article which I believe to be a translation of an article featured in the Daily News Newspaper (Thai Language National Daily Newspaper) on Thursday.|

John Johansen was NOT a member of the Foreign Police Volunteers based at Pattaya Police Station, he was a member of the Foreign Tourist Police Assistants up until about 6 months ago when he was removed from the group.

Over the last 12 months the Foreign Tourist Police Assistants (FTPA) have completely overhauled their entrance procedures and conducted detailed investigations into ALL FTPA, myself included.

Unfortunately with any volunteer organization, regardless of nationality, some will try and join for their own gain and others will use their position as a cover for activities outside of the Law. Without knowing the facts relating to this case, first hand, I cannot comment on what really happened with John and whether he attempted to use his position as a former member of the FTPA to try and lessen the blow of being allegedly caught with a Gun and Drugs which, if found guilty of the crimes in Court, could see him locked up for many years which must be devastating for his Family who will undoubtedly be affected by what has happened.

As I attempt to take positives from this case, I am pleased that our stricter vetting procedures appear to have worked, as if he was a current member of the FTPA and had been caught, this would have been devastating for our Group and its members who tirelessly assist Tourists on Walking Street 7 nights a week. We will continue to help people as we have done so for the last 7 years.

We fully expect the usual doubters to come out from behind their keyboards and begin the usual attacks on our group. Regardless, we will continue to assist Tourists and the Tourist Police.

If anyone has any complaints about an FTPA I urge you to contact me in confidence through my email address. If you do not feel comfortable with contacting me, you are more than welcome to visit the Tourist Police Station located on the Pratamnuk Hill. All complaints will be listened to, however any allegations against an FTPA must be accompanied by proof or detailed information so it can be investigated otherwise no action will be taken.

I will, as always, ignore abusive comments against the FTPA on this and other chat forums and I hope that those who are not in the business of just attacking our group for the sake of it will appreciate my comments and wait for further updates on the story which I hope PDN can provide.

Howard Miller

Group Leader

Foreign Tourist Police Assistants, Pattaya

Howard, your web site shows no mention of this arrest. Might be prudent to give your staff a shake up as the other Pattaya news organisations are beating you to the big stories.

I am sure that you wouldn't suppress a news item about someone who used to be sooooooo close to you, would you?

Howard, your web site shows no mention of this arrest. Might be prudent to give your staff a shake up as the other Pattaya news organisations are beating you to the big stories.

I am sure that you wouldn't suppress a news item about someone who used to be sooooooo close to you, would you?

I am happy to answer this!!!

In fact NO local news organizations covered the story. PDN will often take news stories off of other websites to maintain their traffic flow into their site. This is one such case as the only picture from the actual scene of the arrest is a low resolution copy of the picture published on the daily news website (Thai language) www.dailynews.co.th. PDN have no further pictures apart from pictures of John readily available on the internet.

The reason for this is that the arrest was conducted by the Narcotics Supression Bureau who are normally very secretive, I know this because I have worked with them in the past. I am guessing they sent the picture to daily news in Bangkok following the arrest as this is a well known and very popular Thai Daily Newspaper. John would have been taken straight to Bangkok due to the seriousness of the alleged crime. I do not feature other peoples news on my site, only my own. PDN may be able to update the story as long as they continue to scan the Daily News Newspaper.

John was the owner of Ingos restaurant , a popular place for Scandinavians .

This is his website : http://johnipattaya.com/index.php

And a recent interview in Thai magasinet : http://thaimagasinet.com/intervju-med-john-johansen/

To me he looked like a serious and smart guy to do business with but selling drugs in Pattaya, you have to be a complete and utter 'tard to do that.

At 7:30 pm today (3rd September) the editor of PDN was notified by Mr. Howard Miller, the leader of the Volunteer Tourist Police, that Johansen had been sacked from his team about 6 months ago because it was discovered he had a dark past.

OMG...... :D

are there no police checks or interview process for these vounteers then :)

Must be, he was thrown out after investigation of his past!!!

My wife and one of her friends have just confirmed that is the guy, That was outside the club talking to police on motobikes that night.

He even made an improper suggestion to the friend with us now.

I have to edit to include this.

In her words her reply to him.

if you give me glass for eye me very strong, Maybe i can see you really big man :):D:D

I surprise i can type laughing so much.

Edited by cyb

He seems to have been tried and convicted by the farang community.

What happened to innocent until proven guilty?

And what happened to the fact that he was caught not only in possession of drugs but also a weapon including 10 rounds?

Please someone give me a headache tablet.

Another farang bites the dust,if convicted,but this is just the tip of the iceberg,as i said a few weeks ago after TC aka Troy was nearly caught,now that would have opened a bucket of worms.The drugs cult here in Pattaya is immense and the sooner the top guys are all caught the better as they are nasty too.