Best Visa Option - 63 Days

Hi, my round flight ticket is for 63 days. I will possibly leave and return to thailand within the first 30 days.

1) Is it possible to have a tourist visa in my passport, but ask them to give me a 30 day on arrival visa? That way I can save my tourist visa for the rest of my stay once I return from my excursion.

2) Will I experience customs issues if I enter thailand on a 60 day tourist visit when my return flight is 63 days away (assuming I don't take my excursion). I've read that it shouldn't be an issue, is that true? I'm thinking of booking another an excursion flight now, but would rather buy later.

3) Is it possible to enter thailand with a round trip flight ticket that's 63 days on a 30 day arrival visa?

Thanks

1) you might be able to, but with the language barrier it might not be easy. Some probably just would stamp you in based upon the visa anyway.

2) no

3) yes, but the airline might not board you in this case.

Double entry tourist visa certainly is the best option for you.

Or get the normal 30 day extension at immigration (1900 baht). Better than a border run. You will only need a single entry visa this way.

If you have a visa you do not have to worry about your flight schedule. You can even travel without a return or onward ticket.

Edit: If you are sure you are going to make a trip out of the country then get the 2 entry tourist visa. If you don't then the extension is best option.

Edited by ubonjoe

seeing that he stated that he indeed is going to leave the country once, I guess a double entry is better, also cost wise it would be best, since tv's are free at the moment, so you save 1900 baht + trip to immigration office. And indeed if he doesn't leave the country at all, then the single + extension would be best.

Edited by sjaak327

A single entry is free a 2 entry is not free at most consulates and embassies.

He said he might make a trip out. If he is not sure he could get a single entry and go to immigration for a re-entry permit (1000 baht) if he decides to make the trip.

Ah sorry, didn't know that only a single is free. If he's not sure, then indeed getting a single + re-entry permit would be the most economical thing. Especially if they charge the normal rate for a double entry (2x1000 baht). Of course if he is sure about going out of Thailand in any case, he might as well get a double entry, it saves a trip to the immigration office.