Iranian Couple Arrested And Fined For Having Sex On Jomtien Beach

george

Iranian couple arrested and fined for having sex on Jomtien beach

PATTAYA: -- Police arrested and fined an Iranian couple for having sex on the Jomtien beach early Friday.

Hashom Abdli, 28, and his girlfriend, Margam Ziyace, 25, were charged with indecency and were fined Bt500 each and were released.

Police Captain Chamrasthong Jinda, deputy inspector of the Pattaya police station, was riding his motorcycle to perform routine checking on the beach at 4:30 am when he spotted a crowd watching something on the beach and some of the tourists were shooting video clips with their mobile phones.

Chamrasthong found the couple in the act and stopped them and took them to the police station.

The Iranian man told police that he did not know that it was illegal to have sex in public place.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009-09-04

NOTE: Any racial slurs will be deleted and member suspended. Thanks for keeping this thread clean.

/Moderator team

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I applaud the local police for the measured and civilized response. 500 baht fine for public sex at 4:30 am, sounds about right. Its also pleasing to hear they were both released. They sound like a lovely romantic couple letting loose on a holiday. I am sure they came here for more freedom and a wild holiday but they were simply misinformed. Who can blame them for thinking Pattaya is a place for libertine behavior?

Edited by Jingthing

Amazing Thailand: by that I mean its amazing how tourists come to Thailand and behave outrageously which for the same offence back in their home countries might involve punishment having theirs limbs(or more intimate) parts of their bodies chopped off.

Lucky to get away with just a small fine.

Since the article states "...he spotted a crowd watching something on the beach and some of the tourists were shooting video clips with their mobile phones." it is clear they didn't do it in private and thought Thailand was a place where this could be done in the open...very much unlike home.

I am waiting for clips to arrive on liveleak, break or youtube. Anyone else?

Iranian? Well I guess their not allowed to have sex in their own country so why not thailand? Pattaya is the place to do it.

It's not the first time this has happened and won't be the last for Pattaya nor Jomtien.

It's actually quit a dangerous area ,lots of farang have been killed on that beach. brave not stupid.

Hmmmm would a couple do that back in Iran? Stupidity at its finest - go back to a hotel.

Well as soon as they are out the clutches of the Clerics off come the Burkas and in this case everything else. Maybe Ahmadinejad will put Thailand on the 'Blacklist"

... when he spotted a crowd watching something on the beach and some of the tourists were shooting video clips with their mobile phones.

No doubt the somtam seller was there too. The two participants must have been too engrossed to notice this crowd, or didn't care about the audience. When will the clips appear on the internet? Also brings to mind the British couple caught on the Dubai beach a year or two ago. They didn't get off so lightly. Full marks to the local police for not going over the top. Less marks to the couple for not picking a more private spot, though I guess they thought they were safe at 4:30.

Stupidity? I don't think they are that stupid. It was intentional. They did it in front of a crowd, watching and shooting videos...

Some way to add to their excitement. 1,000 baht is a cheap price to pay for such a good experience!

At 4-30 in the morning were they filming with infra red or were the crowd indecently close :):D .

Stupidity? I don't think they are that stupid. It was intentional. They did it in front of a crowd, watching and shooting videos...

Some way to add to their excitement. 1,000 baht is a cheap price to pay for such a good experience!

At 4-30 in the morning were they filming with infra red or were the crowd indecently close :):D .

Night mode

He he...wonder what happens to this couple when back home and the families discover their holiday photos and videos at YouTube???

No worries about their family and youtube, I am sure it is blocked in Iran. The security police may be a different matter. :)

Are they actually from Iran or expats? Are they married? Was just thinking of what may happen if this story makes it back to Iran and what they may face there if they return. 500 bht is nothing compared to what may happen back home. Anyway I hope the enjoyed themselves...