Washing Powder

raro

First off my apologies for stereoptyping, but I thought that this forum is probably the best to get a satisfying answer.

Hence, here is my appeal to your motherly instincts:

Not sure what my new maid does wrong and didn't really work with the one we had before and what never worked out the same way as back in good old Germany. There I was mixing my own detergents from some DIY shop - worked perfectly!

We have a straight forward washing machine, frontloader, clothes in, washing powder, switch on and there you go. Clothes get dried outside in the sun and ironed afterwards. The maid is doing all this.

Now, sometimes the shirts are smelly, like...stuck in the locker for a year. Also stains get not removed that well.

The maid we had before used some sort of softener that smelled like very cheap perfume and gave me a skin rush....

So what is the problem? Wrong washing powder? Not enough washing powder? washing machine overloaded?

So first answer is from a bloke :)

Wifey uses Breeze (that's the one with lettering that looks like 'USA' :D ), ensure you get the front-loader version (picture on the pack). Followed by Comfort conditioner. Neither is cheap but the stuff comes out clean and fresh even from a standard cold wash :D

Your problem could be the water, excessive iron in the water supply can cause odd stains and aromas.

It would also be an idea to run a cycle without clothes but with detergent and with the machine set for the hottest wash it will do. The idea being to clean out any stubborn pools of yuk that may be breeding pong :D

Well ....

1. If the clothes are left in the washing machine for a long time (like very long time) before taken out to dry then they will get that musty smell, as they begin to dry in a hot closed environment (the washing machine).

2. Once your clothes have the moldy musty smell, then you have to wash them in hot water and rinse very well.

3. A dryer will solve your problems

as for the stains.. was your old maid hand washing some clothes that needed the hand wash and the current one just tossing everything in the washing machine?