Which Airline To Kuala Lumpur

Felt 35

What Airline would be to prefer if price was similar ( its almost now) flying from BKK or HKT to Kuala Lumpur.

Which one would TV members choose if we set the price on 3K THB round trip for both airlines.

Its no research and I do not work here so its only of personal interest.

3 K roundtrip ? that doesn't exist.... that's what, for example, Air Asia charges ONE WAY when you book within 14 days of your travelling date.

Most preferred ?

LUFTHANSA, me thinks. you won't have a better feeling of safety with any other airline.

and the cost for BKK-KUL return-ticket just 50 Baht or 400 Baht (plus Taxes, means, the return-ticket is around 5000 Baht).

I will fly exactly that route with them tomorrow ;-)

Oh, and I have to add: even at that cheap price, you still can earn miles for your MILES AND MORE account :)

Edited by siam2007

Sorry, I scrabbled down the post a bit quick. The question should be about which preferred regional airline, I.e. Air Asia, Malaysian airlines, Thai airways etc

I know some International airlines have routing via Bangkok to Kuala Lumpur, but I guess it then mostly are a code share airline and the operational airline is Thai or Malaysian Airlines, however not sure about that.

Anyway, Thanks.

What Airline would be to prefer if price was similar ( its almost now) flying from BKK or HKT to Kuala Lumpur.

Which one would TV members choose if we set the price on 3K THB round trip for both airlines.

From Bangkok I fly in Asia always with www.airasia.com even if for some flight I have first to go to Kuala Lumpur.

Last promotion I buy 15 ticket start October 09 until end of March 2010. Included are also Indonesia, Philippines ant all tickets together vor less then 15'000 THB. Important is you can plan early to profit of any promotion (they have frequently).

Sometimes I read "you won't have a better feeling of safety with any other airline" or that AirAsia often is delayed. To be delayed not only depend on AirAsia, this is a old story when the tower on arrival accept a flight etc.! I am not shareholder of AirAsia but I want confirm concerning SAFETY AirAsia isn't worst or better as other, I would say even between the "Discount Flyer" they are on the TOP. New good material as Boeing 737-300 and the new Airbus A330. Same for crew, I never seen old pilot retired from other companies as you can find in other low cost Airways in Thailand and around. Be fair, AirAsia is okay but not expect for low cost ticket 1st class service in your privat Leajet.

Kuala Lumpur is not far so Air Asia is fine, booking BKK - KL - BKK mid March 2010, total price with all Tax was 1,298 baht... Yes that was return price for a single return.

I would not fly Air Asia fopr 2 reasons:

1/ They arrive/depart from the LCC terminal in Sepang which is not convenient and is a mess.

2/ for the sake of THB1000 cheaper, why put our comfort and safety at stake with LCC's cost sutting messures.

Therefore I always choose LH or MH. TG is not cheap at all.

Kuala Lumpur is not far so Air Asia is fine, booking BKK - KL - BKK mid March 2010, total price with all Tax was 1,298 baht... Yes that was return price for a single return.

I would not fly Air Asia for 2 reasons:

1/ They arrive/depart from the LCC terminal in Sepang which is not convenient and is a mess.

2/ for the sake of THB1000 cheaper, why put our comfort and safety at stake with LCC's cost cutting measures.

From Bangkok I fly in Asia always with www.airasia.com even if for some flight I have first to go to Kuala Lumpur.

Last promotion I buy 15 ticket start October 09 until end of March 2010. Included are also Indonesia, Philippines ant all tickets together vor less then 15'000 THB. Important is you can plan early to profit of any promotion (they have frequently).

Sometimes I read "you won't have a better feeling of safety with any other airline" or that AirAsia often is delayed. To be delayed not only depend on AirAsia, this is a old story when the tower on arrival accept a flight etc.! I am not shareholder of AirAsia but I want confirm concerning SAFETY AirAsia isn't worst or better as other, I would say even between the "Discount Flyer" they are on the TOP. New good material as Boeing 737-300 and the new Airbus A330. Same for crew, I never seen old pilot retired from other companies as you can find in other low cost Airways in Thailand and around. Be fair, AirAsia is okay but not expect for low cost ticket 1st class service in your privat Leajet.

Not "new Boeing 737-300" - the variant has long been out of production - but new Airbus A320's... Air Asia being the largest , by far, Asia operator of the type.

This stated, you are right about the airline: safety is OK.

The only problem I have with them, is that terrible LCC terminal at KL...

3 K roundtrip ? that doesn't exist.... that's what, for example, Air Asia charges ONE WAY when you book within 14 days of your travelling date.

Most preferred ?

LUFTHANSA, me thinks. you won't have a better feeling of safety with any other airline.

and the cost for BKK-KUL return-ticket just 50 Baht or 400 Baht (plus Taxes, means, the return-ticket is around 5000 Baht).

I will fly exactly that route with them tomorrow ;-)

Oh, and I have to add: even at that cheap price, you still can earn miles for your MILES AND MORE account :)

50 Baht ? 400 Baht ? Sorry I just dont understand you.

Another question, where do you book LH here in LOS ? Via Internet or via Travel Shop ?

As a pilot myself, I completly agree with your safety and comfort concerns towards asian low cost carriers.

I would not fly Air Asia fopr 2 reasons:

2/ for the sake of THB1000 cheaper, why put our comfort and safety at stake with LCC's cost sutting messures.

Please where do you find this cheap price ? Your saying you can book a return flight with all Tax for 2,300 baht ??

The cheapest I could find with MH for March 2010 is 'Total price including tax: THB 6865.00' so that is over 5,000 baht more expensive..

Yes TG is 3,000 more than MH

For price, AirAsia but you will arrive/depart from the LCCT. Malaysia air is just as good, a bit more expensive but you will arrive/depart from the main terminal at KLIA instead. The satay on MH is worth the extra $$ in my view.

at 6865bt, it would want to be served on gold sticks. :)

I currently work in Kuala Lumpur Mon - Fri and fly home every weekend to Phuket.

If I book with MH about 10 days - 2 weeks in advance then I get a round trip, including taxes at both airports for 459 MYR - (approx 4600 baht). I can get it very slightly cheaper at Air Asia but they fly from the LCCT in KL and is more difficult to get to over KLIA.

Malaysia Airlines for me - Not because I like the airline, infact they are just as bad as all the others (and I'm sick of the Chicken Biriyani or Beef Satay they consistently serve every single flight for the last 4 months), but because its convenient for me with the flight times and logistics to get to the airport.

I currently work in Kuala Lumpur Mon - Fri and fly home every weekend to Phuket.

If I book with MH about 10 days - 2 weeks in advance then I get a round trip, including taxes at both airports for 459 MYR - (approx 4600 baht). I can get it very slightly cheaper at Air Asia but they fly from the LCCT in KL and is more difficult to get to over KLIA.

Malaysia Airlines for me - Not because I like the airline, infact they are just as bad as all the others (and I'm sick of the Chicken Biriyani or Beef Satay they consistently serve every single flight for the last 4 months), but because its convenient for me with the flight times and logistics to get to the airport.

If I can ask which airline do you think is the best choice regarding the safety for the two mentioned Airlines on that route. The times I fly with MH it seems to be an very old aircraft when Air Asia have nearly a new Aircraft.

I ask because in periods (every 3 month) I fly roundtrip Phuket- Kuala Lumper myself every week for a period of three weeks. Not because of work (immigration always ask me that question), but a health issue which not can be cured here. I have used both Air Asia & MH. I agree on LCCT and find it much more convenient to arrive at KLIA and then take the express train to KL. If I travel with Air Asia I have started to take a kind of local buss from LCCT to KLIA (15-20min) and then the express train from there to KL.

Thanks.