Keep Your Cool In The Heat, Psychologists Advise

george

Keep your cool in the heat, psychologists advise

BANGKOK: -- The current heat wave and drought crisis could lead to a rush of mental health problems, with tempers fraying due to the weather, the director-general of the Department of Mental Health warned today.

With the drought’s grip on the nation worsening, Dr. M.L. Somchai Chakrabhand said that he had ordered officials across the country to keep a close eye on the nation’s mental health situation.

Expressing concern that the heat and drought could lead to insomnia, irritability, fatigue and frayed tempers, he said that during the hot season the public had to pay equal attention to physical and mental health.

--TNA 2005-03-15

shit - scary

In a couple days viewing on National Geographic I saw the eastern half of the US destroyed by a giant tsunami, the western half of the US destroyed by catastrophic eruption of Yellowstone, and the whole Earth destroyed by a meteor. I don't let that stuff bother me. I've got more important sh1t to worry about--like how to get more tee shots in the fairway!! :o

Globally 1988 was the warmest year ever recorded and eight out of the ten warmest years fell in the last decade.

This has caused global ice sheets and snowfields to melt, and it is estimated that by the year 2100 the sea level will have risen by an average of 50cm.

In addition, global temperatures are expected to rise by approximately 3 degrees Celsius......

This all sounds familiar, Rav :o . Oh yes, here it is: http://www.bbc.co.uk/derby/weather/2004/de...l_warming.shtml

Globally 1988 was the warmest year ever recorded and eight out of the ten warmest years fell in the last decade.

This has caused global ice sheets and snowfields to melt, and it is estimated that by the year 2100 the sea level will have risen by an average of 50cm.

In addition, global temperatures are expected to rise by approximately 3 degrees Celsius.

THE VOLCANIC CRATER AT THE SUMMIT OF KILIMANJARO, AFRICA’S HIGHEST MOUNTAIN, AS IT HAS NOT BEEN SEEN BEFORE IN 11,000 YEARS. THE SNOW AND GLACIERS WHICH HAVE CROWNED IT IN ALL THAT TIME ARE MELTING AND BY 2020 ARE LIKELY TO HAVE DISAPPEARED COMPLETELY. THE FORESTS WHICH COVER KILIMANJARO’S LOWER SLOPES ABSORB MOISTURE FROM SURROUNDING CLOUDS AND PROVIDE LIFE-GIVING WATER TO PLANTS AND ANIMALS IN THE PLAINS BELOW. RISING TEMPERATURES THREATEN NOT ONLY THE ICE-CAP, BUT ALSO THIS ESSENTIAL NATURAL PROCESS.

Source:

http://www.northsoutheastwest.org/issues/n...-environment-1/

I mentioned this in another thread, but thought it apt here also.

Last week in th UK, it was snowing.

This weekend temperatures of 21% are forecast.

it's almost like stepping straight into Summer, missing spring out altogether.

Edited by booma