A Couple Of Questions About Extension For Supporting My Wife

Hi,

I hope these are a couple of easy to answer questions :)

I am applying for a multi entry non immigration visa to visit my wife. Before this expires I will be applying for an extension based on supporting my wife - I have the 400K baht already set aside it is just a case of transfering it at the most oppurtune moment.

My questions are:

1) We got married in the UK and have a UK marriage cert. Before I apply for the extension will we have to register the marriage in Thailand? If so what is involved?

2) I currently have a one way ticket to Thailand. Will I need to buy an onward ticket before I depart the UK? If so can this be a cheapy Air Asia one way flight to anywhere? Would it be worthwhile dating this ticket say 9 month in advance in case I need to show it if I do any 90 day visa runs?

Thanks in advance for your help

1. You will need to have the marriage certificate translated to Thai and the translation certified by the the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Then she will then have to go to the Amphoe (district office) and have her marriage entered in their registry. She should get a copy of the family status registration. (Kor Ror.22). At that time they will update her house book and ID card.

Immigration will want to see the Kor Ror 22 and the marriage certificate.

2.A return or onward ticket is not needed if you have a visa.

You don't need a multiple entry visa if you plan on getting an extension. A single entry is enough. The money only has to be in the bank for 2 monthes and if you need more time to get the extension done you can get a 60 day extension at immigration to visit your wife.