Preying On Chidren In Phuket

petercallen

We were shopping in carefour last week and i noticed a young girl somewhere between 13 to 15 years old who was wearing a lot of makeup, when i turned to leave there was a farang i estimate to be 60 to 65 years old glaring at me (big deal), how seriously do Thai authority's treat this sort of behavior, she was madeup and dresses like a mature woman.

You didn't say, but I am assuming the girl was Thai? I could swear I have seen the same couple at Carrefore twice before. I decided she MUST have been his daughter/stepdaughter/daughter-in-law.. I don't think anyone would be crazy or stupid enough to flaunt a child bride/girlfriend in public, even in Thailand. Is it possibile she could have been older than she looked? Hard to tell with Asians sometimes. And in reference to the authorities question, isn't the legal age of consent 15?

Edited by Scubabuddha

You didn't say, but I am assuming the girl was Thai? I could swear I have seen the same couple at Carrefore twice before. I decided she MUST have been his daughter/stepdaughter/daughter-in-law.. I don't think anyone would be crazy or stupid enough to flaunt a child bride/girlfriend in public, even in Thailand. Is it possibile she could have been older than she looked? Hard to tell with Asians sometimes. And in reference to the authorities question, isn't the legal age of consent 15?

Thai law states that the age of consent is 15 years of age. But to confuse matters a little, when it comes to commercial sex, that is prostitution, the age of consent is not 15, but 18.

and then to confuse matters even more, there is no prostitution in Thailand.

Thai law states that the age of consent is 15 years of age.

But does that apply to a 15 year old sleeping with an old man or another 15 year old. I think in Holland the age of consent is as low as 12 which is pretty scary, but that only applies to two 12 year olds sleeping together and not a depraived older man sleeping with a 12 year old, which I'm guessing is highly illegal. Anyway, even if it was his daughter and nothing more sinister than that, he should still be ashamed of himself. There's nothing more repulsive than girls being allowed to dress like slutty adults.

Thai law states that the age of consent is 15 years of age.

But does that apply to a 15 year old sleeping with an old man or another 15 year old. I think in Holland the age of consent is as low as 12 which is pretty scary, but that only applies to two 12 year olds sleeping together and not a depraived older man sleeping with a 12 year old, which I'm guessing is highly illegal. Anyway, even if it was his daughter and nothing more sinister than that, he should still be ashamed of himself. There's nothing more repulsive than girls being allowed to dress like slutty adults.

In Holland the age of consent is 16, while the partner can have any age.

From 12 to 16 years, if the partner is 18+, punishable to up to 9 years, IF the parents of the girl file a complaint with the police. (Art 221 & 226 W.v.S., dacht ik)

If the partner in the same age group 12-16, nothing can be done, or there must be a clear indication of pressure or violence.

The only grey area seems to be if the partner of a girl is between 16-18

However, If the girl is 16 and the man is 18, nothing will come out of it.

And what is your definition of a depraved old man?

18,25,40,50,65,100?

If you come from Holland you know very well that the number of girls between 12-16 years prostituting themselves is exploding.

Should that also be punishable?

Me, if I would be a magistrate, would not know what to do, because prostitution in Holland is not illegal any more.

And suppose the parents of the girls don't file a complaint?

What to do.......

In Thailand the age of consent for a girl seems to be 15 or 16, and I think it is >15.

Specially for farang.

But even that can be a bit shady.

The age was raised to 15/16 because of a lot of pressure from abroad.

Before that it seems to have been 12 year.

I knowledge comes from a case in my own family (daughter).

There's nothing more repulsive than girls being allowed to dress like slutty adults.

I beg to differ, for me there is nothing more repulsive as men dressing as women and trying to look like schoolgirls.

Edited by hansnl

We were shopping in carefour last week and i noticed a young girl somewhere between 13 to 15 years old who was wearing a lot of makeup, when i turned to leave there was a farang i estimate to be 60 to 65 years old glaring at me (big deal), how seriously do Thai authority's treat this sort of behavior, she was madeup and dresses like a mature woman.

On the whole, I enjoy the threads you start, but this one is crap. She was probably his girlfriends daughter.

If you are going to accuse someone of paedophilia you better have you facts straight 100%. If not, better keep your yap shut.

On the whole, I enjoy the threads you start, but this one is crap. She was probably his girlfriends daughter.

If you are going to accuse someone of paedophilia you better have you facts straight 100%. If not, better keep your yap shut.

Yep, agree with the above. Accusing someone of such a terrible crime as pedophilia isnt something you should do lightly.

Age is often hard to tell in Thailand.

I was at a friends party the other week when someone joked that my girlfriend looked very very young, because she is small in height and weight.

The thing is, she is in her 30's and has a 12 year old kid. She is only a few years younger than me!

She'd probably have trouble getting served in a pub in the UK.

It's just hard to tell how old someone is just by looking at them, especially in Asia.

Most likely his daughter or his gf who is of age. I'd stick my nose out of it unless you are ready to be highly embarrassed. I'm sure he was a bit pissed you were staring. :)

In fact she came and stood next to me and i took a glance as most people do and looked back at the goods i was inspecting, it then registered with me how young she was to be made up and dressed the way she was, i took another quick glance as i turned to leave, in no way did i stare at her, as i walked away the farang who was standing about 6ft away was glaring at me and that's what made me suspicious.

Most likely his daughter or his gf who is of age. I'd stick my nose out of it unless you are ready to be highly embarrassed. I'm sure he was a bit pissed you were staring. :)

In fact she came and stood next to me and i took a glance as most people do and looked back at the goods i was inspecting, it then registered with me how young she was to be made up and dressed the way she was, i took another quick glance as i turned to leave, in no way did i stare at her, as i walked away the farang who was standing about 6ft away was glaring at me and that's what made me suspicious.

And she had her ID card pinned to her chest, yes? Because that is the only way you will know for sure that she is under age... that is presuming it was the older guy's girlfriend and not his step daughter or his girlfriends daughter.

Its good to be concerned, but its better to get facts before implying something you are not sure of.

Edited by Wolfie

To me Thais seems to have little concept of sexualising children being a bad thing.. I have seen very normal Thais, not connected to bar work slap h0oker level makeup on under 10 year old girls.. Seen them dress children up with heels and hot pants.. Even seen parents clapping and cheering on a child who was doing bump and grind pole dance style dancing.. Parental encouragement of slutty child behavior !! I remember a Thai parent, having plastered another young girl (12 or 13 at a guess) in HEAVY makeup and OTT clothing, like playing dress up with gogo barbie, making a fuss of the child and saying "ohh look at her, isnt she sexy" not isnt she pretty, or isnt she lovely, isnt she SEXY !! No 12 year old children are not and should not be 'sexy' !! ever !! case closed.

In fact I even remember a Thai TV show, one of the talent type shows, where this little girl came out.. maybe 10 maybe 12.. Prebuescent anyway.. They had the child plastered in makeup and wearing a burlesque type outfit with the feathered headress and bikini like the caricature of a Vegas showgirl.. The music started and the child was singing and then changed to (and I kid you not) 'I like to move it move it' and the child then starts 'tit pumping' and ass pumping and dancing in a crude way on daytime Thai TV.. Thats appropriate viewing here I guess.

Well you've certainly painted yourself into a corner with this post.

The best advice to someone in a hole is to stop digging - damage limitation.

Most likely his daughter or his gf who is of age. I'd stick my nose out of it unless you are ready to be highly embarrassed. I'm sure he was a bit pissed you were staring. :D

Why was he glaring at you? Maybe he was thinking about you the same that you are thinking about him? From your bits of story here I can't even see the relation between the girl and the man, other than you and the fact that both of them were in the same market at the same time.

From the "evidence" so far, I would conclude "none of your/our business" yet.

Next week, let's have a story about an older woman that dresses too young, which is just equally disturbing :)

To me Thais seems to have little concept of sexualising children being a bad thing.. I have seen very normal Thais, not connected to bar work slap h0oker level makeup on under 10 year old girls.. Seen them dress children up with heels and hot pants.. Even seen parents clapping and cheering on a child who was doing bump and grind pole dance style dancing.. Parental encouragement of slutty child behavior !! I remember a Thai parent, having plastered another young girl (12 or 13 at a guess) in HEAVY makeup and OTT clothing, like playing dress up with gogo barbie, making a fuss of the child and saying "ohh look at her, isnt she sexy" not isnt she pretty, or isnt she lovely, isnt she SEXY !! No 12 year old children are not and should not be 'sexy' !! ever !! case closed.

In fact I even remember a Thai TV show, one of the talent type shows, where this little girl came out.. maybe 10 maybe 12.. Prebuescent anyway.. They had the child plastered in makeup and wearing a burlesque type outfit with the feathered headress and bikini like the caricature of a Vegas showgirl.. The music started and the child was singing and then changed to (and I kid you not) 'I like to move it move it' and the child then starts 'tit pumping' and ass pumping and dancing in a crude way on daytime Thai TV.. Thats appropriate viewing here I guess.

I don't know I've never seen anything like that in Tland and hope I never do. It could be a Thai unfamiliar with the words sexy and thinking it is pretty or not knowing exactly what she is communicating?

I don't know I've never seen anything like that in Tland and hope I never do. It could be a Thai unfamiliar with the words sexy and thinking it is pretty or not knowing exactly what she is communicating?

I think they knew exactly what the word meant. It doesn't only happen in Thailand it is a Global problem. Those beauty pageants in the U.S make me want to vomit, and as far as I remember they have already lead directly to children being murdered. When I commented on this topic, it was under the assumption that the OP was able to tell for sure that she was young. A lot of people are going down the 'Thais look young' road but most of the time if you get a proper look there is no doubting their age. It amuses me when you are walking behind Thai women and you assume you are walking behind a kid and then when they turn around they have the sun beaten face of a 50 year old and woman, it still takes me by suprise some times. Anyway as LivinLOS said: Children, sexy, never.

The Child Watch hotline is 1300 I had friend who volunteered for them and he said they investigated calls and were very active. etc.. I would recommend to call them.

The most helpful response.

I admit I have "looked the other way" or hidden behind the "they all look young anyway" and even "mind my own business". Sometimes I just didn't know who to call.

Despite the questions raised by others on this thread, OP has yet to explain why he thought that these two individuals were there together, let alone illicitly involved. Did they speak to each other? Touch each other? Arrive or leave together?

In the absence of any explanation of why OP connected one with the other, this post drifts into troll territory and doesn't deserve more comment.