More Football Players Required

craig123

Hi guys,

We've for next season got a new football team entering the MBMG International Football League next year, and at the minuet seem to be slightly low on players.

If you would like to or know of someone that would like to have a game of football at the weekend, to keep down the beer belly, then please get in contact.

The standard is fairly good it has to be said, so a decent first touch wouldn't go a miss.

Any position is welcome except GK as we have one already.

Please contact me via PM

Many thanks, I look forward to hearing from you :)

Craig

hmmm, move to the footie forum?

or let it stay here, as maybe more than the footie forum regulars who might be interested in playing?

Craig - Iassume you guys playing in Bangkok? Im moving the thread there. if thats not the case, lemme know and will see what I can do

cheers

or let it stay here, as maybe more than the footie forum regulars who might be interested in playing?

Craig - Iassume you guys playing in Bangkok? Im moving the thread there. if thats not the case, lemme know and will see what I can do

cheers

no need migsy, its already in the footie forum.

cheers

Hi mate yes in BKK. I just want somewhere to advertise you see. I just thought this was the right place.

Cheers

cheers

Hi there

Where is the footy forum then? I thought this would be best the place to advertise this?

cheers

Hi there

Where is the footy forum then? I thought this would be best the place to advertise this?

Craig: It's the football forum on here mate. scroll down bottom right on the page, you will see a drop down menu...

Hi guys,

We've for next season got a new football team entering the MBMG International Football League next year, and at the minuet seem to be slightly low on players.

If you would like to or know of someone that would like to have a game of football at the weekend, to keep down the beer belly, then please get in contact.

The standard is fairly good it has to be said, so a decent first touch wouldn't go a miss.

Please contact me via PM

Many thanks, I look forward to hearing from you :)

Craig

Craig,

I like the idea of getting rid of the developing beer gut - I'm 34 and used to play for my Uni (not a great side however), now I'm very unfit and would die if I tried to play seriously...

As I'm 34 and haven't played in years, I imagine I've lost touch and a lot of pace but I'm happy to give it a go.

Do you play on the Grass at Pattana? dates and times etc - I'd be interested in a kick around and see how I feel about getting back into it so to speak.

I like the kick around, but I'm not sure about playing other teams competitively just yet.

Hi guys,

Please contact me via PM

Many thanks, I look forward to hearing from you :D

Craig

Craig,

I like the idea of getting rid of the developing beer gut - I'm 34 and used to play for my Uni (not a great side however), now I'm very unfit and would die if I tried to play seriously...

As I'm 34 and haven't played in years, I imagine I've lost touch and a lot of pace but I'm happy to give it a go.

Do you play on the Grass at Pattana? dates and times etc - I'd be interested in a kick around and see how I feel about getting back into it so to speak.

I like the kick around, but I'm not sure about playing other teams competitively just yet.

The pitches at Pattana are pretty good. Games are played on Sat and Sun, kickoffs at 2/3 and 3.30/4.30, depending on the month, if I remember correctly. The early games can be a bit of a killer due to the heat and sun.

There are 2 leagues with pretty differing levels of skill. There are also rolling substitutions so you can switch players in and out regularly depending on their fitness. You should find that your fitness improves pretty quickly. There are plenty of older guys who manage it as well as some teenagers.

Get in touch with some of the teams and go for a training session to see whether you still have it. There is also a veterans league, but I believe you have to be 35 to play :)

Hi guys,

Please contact me via PM

Many thanks, I look forward to hearing from you :D

Craig

Craig,

Hi, thanks for the message. Listen could you send me a PM so i can speak through email, these messages are getting a little confusing as whos writing to who. If you send me a PM i'll give you my email address and we'll talk through there. The admins keep removing my email add everytime i put it on here.

Thanks

The pitches at Pattana are pretty good. Games are played on Sat and Sun, kickoffs at 2/3 and 3.30/4.30, depending on the month, if I remember correctly. The early games can be a bit of a killer due to the heat and sun.

There are 2 leagues with pretty differing levels of skill. There are also rolling substitutions so you can switch players in and out regularly depending on their fitness. You should find that your fitness improves pretty quickly. There are plenty of older guys who manage it as well as some teenagers.

Get in touch with some of the teams and go for a training session to see whether you still have it. There is also a veterans league, but I believe you have to be 35 to play :)

cheers

Hi there

Craig: It's the football forum on here mate. scroll down bottom right on the page, you will see a drop down menu...

I can't see it mate for some reason. Could you send me the link?

Thx

Craig

football forum can be found here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Football-Soccer-Forum-f95.html

I closed your other thread in the footie forum. we cant have 2 threads on the same topic running. I decided to keep this one running and close the one in footie forum as:

1) there may be others in bangkok who never look at the footie forum, but might be interested in playing (I already see a couple of people that dont frequent the footie forum have responded to you here)

2) the footie forum regulars on seeing a closed thread will pay a lot of attention to it :) they are curious lot, and will want to know why a thread in their backyard was closed, so in the end you get a lot of publicity both ways

:D

There is also a veterans league, but I believe you have to be 35 to play :)

Yep, it's 35 for the Vets league, but if very close to that 35th Birthday they can play as a declared player. The Vet's league is good fun, I play in it every month and have really enjoyed it.

Craig

football forum can be found here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Football-Soccer-Forum-f95.html

I closed your other thread in the footie forum. we cant have 2 threads on the same topic running. I decided to keep this one running and close the one in footie forum as:

1) there may be others in bangkok who never look at the footie forum, but might be interested in playing (I already see a couple of people that dont frequent the footie forum have responded to you here)

2) the footie forum regulars on seeing a closed thread will pay a lot of attention to it :) they are curious lot, and will want to know why a thread in their backyard was closed, so in the end you get a lot of publicity both ways

Ok thanks for that. However I dont seem to be able to see my link on there?? :D

Craig

Ok thanks for that. However I dont seem to be able to see my link on there?? :D

Sorry found it. :D

Cheers

I would like a game but I must say I agree with then above poster im 33 or 34(33 I think),and well unfit I think if I ran for 10 mins I would vomit :)

Are there a lot of youngsters playing?(will they run rings around me?)

Will everyone laugh at my beer gut?

Do you go for pints after?

Is it thais and expats?(I ask coz I played with thais on a beach and they seem to run for ever!)

Are some of you a bit rubbish and are some of you good?(I dont want to rubbish on my own)

but yes I wouldnt mind a game :D

I would like a game but I must say I agree with then above poster im 33 or 34(33 I think),and well unfit I think if I ran for 10 mins I would vomit :)

Is it thais and expats?(I ask coz I played with thais on a beach and they seem to run for ever!)

Are some of you a bit rubbish and are some of you good?(I dont want to rubbish on my own)

Haha, it seems your slightly out of shape. The ages are mixed up actually mainly late 20's and 30's. I doubt people would laugh at your beer guy haha as most people have them!

Do we go for pints after? Well.... let's just say people ask where were drinking after before we even KO!! I think that should answer your Q.

With regards to the standard, the standard is pretty ok to be fair. I mean you have to have a decent first touch, because you will come up against some decent players.

I think you know yourself whether or not your decent enough or not...

Thanks for the email.

Cheers

I would like a game but I must say I agree with then above poster im 33 or 34(33 I think),and well unfit I think if I ran for 10 mins I would vomit :D

Only assuming on my part but.for your questions let me weigh in... :)

Alot of youngsters running around you? let them, you have experience on your side

Do you go for pints after? we could, but generally we start drinking during half-time

Thais and Expats? : yes, and see first answer above

A bit rubbish are we? safe to say you will be in good company

• 3 weeks later...