Royal Thai Police Disputes Nacc Ruling

webfact

STATEMENT ISSUED

Royal Thai Police disputes NACC ruling

By The Nation

Royal Thai Police statement in defiance of the NACC ruling on the Oct 7 crackdown

The Royal Thai Police on Wednesday issued a strongly-worded statement challenging the National Anti Corruption Commission in its ruling on the botched crowd control.

In its seven-point statement, police vowed to fight the court battle related to the October 7, 2008 crackdown on protesters and made a sarcastic demand for the NACC to issue guidelines on crowd control.

The gist of the statement is as the followings:

1. The people are entitled to the right to hold a peaceful and unarmed assembly as per the Constitution.

2. Police officers are obligated to safeguard the rights and liberty of every citizen, fight against any violations of civil rights and ensure equal justice for all.

3. Police officers are duty-bound to enforce the laws promptly, justly and comprehensively.

4. In carrying out their duties, police officers are entitled to self-defence as deemed justified and within the legal sanction.

5. Every officer of the Royal Thai Police will steadfastly do their job regardless of difficulties triggered by the political situation.

6. National police chief General Patcharawat Wongsuwan is confident justice will prevail as he and every police officer involved have acted within the rule of law.

7. The NACC ruling was based on the October 7 incident alone which failed to factor in the related protests commenced since May, 2008. Evidence gathered by police indicated unruly protests.

Maj General Amnuay Nimmano, one of the key officers in charge of crowd control, said he wanted to pose a question right back at the NACC to spell out the proper guidelines for reining in the unruly crowds.

In its ruling, the NACC said police used excessive force for crowd control, he said. If the police were blamed for doing their job, then the NACC should lay down the rules on what police can or can not do, he said.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009/09/09

Surely the PAD and yellow ones leaders were aware of police crowd control responsibilities before the illegal gathering , which has been suggested on tv needed riot troops to contain?

I remember during the RED shirt demonstration there were no police to be found and people were doinf what ever thy wanted, rerouting traffic, etc. And of course we saw some of the other problems that was caused by them on the news and even then I did not see any police to be found. I guess is ok not to do the duty of a police man when you are hired as a police man over here.

All I am glad that the army stepped in to stop the nonsense

Surely the PAD and yellow ones leaders were aware of police crowd control responsibilities before the illegal gathering , which has been suggested on tv needed riot troops to contain?

So what you are saying is that if any reds later on get killed or maimed by a any police unit during a demonstration of any kind you will not hold it against the police?

2. Police officers are obligated to safeguard the rights and liberty of every citizen, fight against any violations of civil rights and ensure equal justice for all well connected and influential persons.

3. Police officers are duty-bound to enforce the laws promptly, justly, comprehensively and corruptly.

Does this look more llike the legal mafia we have?

2. Police officers are obligated to safeguard the rights and liberty of every citizen, fight against any violations of civil rights and ensure equal justice for all well connected and influential persons.

3. Police officers are duty-bound to enforce the laws promptly, justly, comprehensively and corruptly.

Does this look more llike the legal mafia we have?

quote: ".....Police officers are obligated to safeguard the rights and liberty of every citizen, fight against any violations of civil rights and ensure equal justice for all...."

So why didn't they instantly arrest the boxer/soap opera actor on the spot when he publically beat up another person?

So the 'police' issued a strongly worded statement.

Seems to be several interesting questions:

- Who is 'the police' in terms of this letter?

- Was the letter issued and stamped by a relevant police division who are the appropriate police office to issue any letters / comments of behalf of the police. (Police meaning a properly constituted body initiated and empowered on behalf of their employers, the people of Thailand?)

- Or, was it written and signed by a 'club' within the police force? E.g. The graduating class of the now resigned top cop?

Or, a 'club' who are in fact UDD supporters, etc.

- Is it in fact appropriate at all for the 'police' to be making comments about a properly constituted investigation authority?

- Is it rather revealing that this group actually ask the NACC how they would handle crowds? In other words, is this showing their lack of knowledge? Is it the result of decades of promoting people by seniority rather than long-term displayed capability and performance? Is it simply showing a lack of the professionalism that should be expected from the top leaders of any police force?

Just wondering?

STATEMENT ISSUED

By The Nation

Royal Thai Police statement in defiance of the NACC ruling on the Oct 7 crackdown

The Royal Thai Police on Wednesday issued a strongly-worded statement challenging the National Anti Corruption Commission in its ruling on the botched crowd control.

In its seven-point statement, police vowed to fight the court battle related to the October 7, 2008 crackdown on protesters and made a sarcastic demand for the NACC to issue guidelines on crowd control.

1. The people are entitled to the right to hold a peaceful and unarmed assembly as per the Constitution.

2. Police officers are obligated to safeguard the rights and liberty of every citizen, fight against any violations of civil rights and ensure equal justice for all.

3. Police officers are duty-bound to enforce the laws promptly, justly and comprehensively.

4. In carrying out their duties, police officers are entitled to self-defence as deemed justified and within the legal sanction.

5. Every officer of the Royal Thai Police will steadfastly do their job regardless of difficulties triggered by the political situation.

6. National police chief General Patcharawat Wongsuwan is confident justice will prevail as he and every police officer involved have acted within the rule of law.

7. The NACC ruling was based on the October 7 incident alone which failed to factor in the related protests commenced since May, 2008. Evidence gathered by police indicated unruly protests.

Maj General Amnuay Nimmano, one of the key officers in charge of crowd control, said he wanted to pose a question right back at the NACC to spell out the proper guidelines for reining in the unruly crowds.

In its ruling, the NACC said police used excessive force for crowd control, he said. If the police were blamed for doing their job, then the NACC should lay down the rules on what police can or can not do, he said.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009/09/09

Sawasdee khrap Khun Tammruaat. It's a great honor to write an article about those who don't sleep just to make sure that nothing bad can happen to us. Thank you my local friends for paying some lao daeng sometimes, so I don't need to pay every day. Thanks for those who stop me, just to ask me how I'm doing.

Lots of thank you for those who stopped me, racing with my bike to ask me if I drunk Whiskey or beer. After telling you that it was only beer, you gave me such a warm smile, that even Adam wouldn't say no and bite the bitter apple between Eve's legs. I strongly believe that all police officers are not corrupt, only once i had to pay 40 baht, because the friendly officer couldn't break a grand. Khrop Khun maak Khrap. Khrop Khun La lai doe...............Khun Tammruat. Thanks. Danke Schoen. Sajonara. Nastrovje.

STATEMENT ISSUED

By The Nation

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009/09/09

So would it now be reasonable for the RTP to print this (particularly points 2, 3 and 5) out in large and bold letters, and for it to be placed prominently in every police station in the length and breadth of Thailand, with the prominent heading "MISSION STATEMENT"?

Sawasdee khrap Khun Tammruaat. It's a great honor to write an article about those who don't sleep just to make sure that nothing bad can happen to us. Thank you my local friends for paying some lao daeng sometimes, so I don't need to pay every day. Thanks for those who stop me, just to ask me how I'm doing.

Lots of thank you for those who stopped me, racing with my bike to ask me if I drunk Whiskey or beer. After telling you that it was only beer, you gave me such a warm smile, that even Adam wouldn't say no and bite the bitter apple between Eve's legs. I strongly believe that all police officers are not corrupt, only once i had to pay 40 baht, because the friendly officer couldn't break a grand. Khrop Khun maak Khrap. Khrop Khun La lai doe...............Khun Tammruat. Thanks. Danke Schoen. Sajonara. Nastrovje.

Jeeeeeeeesssssuuussss!!! What have you been drinking and where can you get it!!?? :)

Jeeeeeeeesssssuuussss!!! What have you been drinking and where can you get it!!?? :D

He only drank a beer he said...he didn't tell you what he have been smoking however. :)

Edited by TAWP