Dental Implants

H2oDunc

I know somebody who went just recently in Maenam opposite Santiburi. I think it's also a baan fah luck (dentist franchise).

he's absolutely satisfied and paid for implants (upper and down) 60'000THB.

it took the dentist about 4 weeks.

amazing cheap!

Bangkok Samui is 35,000 in 2 installments,

35k for intial surgery to install implants in to jaw or skull,

in hospital operating suite with general anesthetic

and if necessary bone graft to support them in uppers if sinus is too close.

Then 3 months later after healing 35k again for crown work.

Not to bad, but they do quality work.

One month seems pretty short for gum healing to be solid enough.

There are crowns and implants.

Implants are where there is no tooth left at all, and they cost upwards of 40k each.

Crowns, which will include the root treatment and the 'implant' into the root are around 12-18k depending on the makeup of the crown.

Unless his GF was toothless it is unlikely she would need implants, and if they were crowns, then it is way too expensive.

Implants also have crowns, but the implant comes first.

They do the implant then you wait 3 months, with a temp cap,

then the crowns are fitted. Total 70k or $2,000US. Spread over 3 months.

I had a post from a root canal go bad and finally got the base tooth removed,

I am waiting on the gum to heal and do the implant.

Edited by animatic

I have a friend who has a Thai GF She has had 2 implants done in Chawang and says the bil is 100,000 baht. I find this hard to beleive :) Anybody have any experience of getting dental work done here on Samui? Is it that expensive ? Cheers in advance :D

Friend of mine did uper and lower jaw, all implants with Dr. Teng in ban tai ca. 75.000.- THB

3,000 Baht, yes Three Thousand... I just paid in Petchaburi..I know Samui is expensive but that is probably the biggest overcharging incident I have heard of.

3,000 bht for an implant? Don't think so. The titanium screw alone costs much more than that.

Other dental work is relatively cheap in LOS, but implants are about the same price as UK.

Hungary is reasonable & very geared up for dental tourism.

Costa Rica or India are the cheapest places, but bear in mind you often need 3 visits. At least 2.

Philippines cheaper than Thailand.

3,000 Baht, yes Three Thousand... I just paid in Petchaburi..I know Samui is expensive but that is probably the biggest overcharging incident I have heard of.

3,000 bht for an implant? Don't think so. The titanium screw alone costs much more than that.

Other dental work is relatively cheap in LOS, but implants are about the same price as UK.

Hungary is reasonable & very geared up for dental tourism.

Costa Rica or India are the cheapest places, but bear in mind you often need 3 visits. At least 2.

Philippines cheaper than Thailand.

Dental implants in the UK are anything from £1800 to £2500 each. Implants in Thailand are anything from 40,000 to 80,000 baht. Not quite the same price, whichever way you look at it.

Pounds, dollars or baht!!

Pounds, dollars or baht!!

Baht. I had said in baht above.

$1,000US a session two needed per tooth, 3 months apart.

This is a confirmed price. I am awaiting 4 to be done over the winter.

Not the cheapest, but this is Bangkok Samui Hospital a reputable establishment

and the only place I would go if injured.

Edited by animatic

Dental implants in the UK are anything from £1800 to £2500 each. Implants in Thailand are anything from 40,000 to 80,000 baht. Not quite the same price, whichever way you look at it.

How long ago? UK implant prices have fallen somewhat. I'd now expect to pay a maximum of £1600 here. (Ofcourse its always at bit more expensive if only one is required).

My own dentist here, who is certainly not cheap, will do me 3 implants & a crown replacement for £4500 - 5000.

Sill none the wiser ? Some are saying it's about right some are saying way too expensive and some are saying cheap. It can't be all 3 guys ? :)

It's not over expensive, though it's not the cheapest. Bear in mind that implants and crowns can differ in quality and therefore cost.

How long ago? UK implant prices have fallen somewhat. I'd now expect to pay a maximum of £1600 here. (Ofcourse its always at bit more expensive if only one is required).

My own dentist here, who is certainly not cheap, will do me 3 implants & a crown replacement for £4500 - 5000.

Last year. Bear in mind that you are in Preston, Lancashire. :) You can probably buy a house for a tenner in that neck of the woods. London may be a little more expensive.

Seriously though, I would estimate the average house price to be half that of London, so it's possible that some services will be correspondingly less expensive .

I wouldn't trust a simple dentist to do an implant. In my case, my dentist referred me to an oral surgeon. In the end I used a similarly qualified person in Thailand.

Had a few dentists in Thailand offering slightly lower prices from standard, but delving more deeply, discovered that they not only did not have all of the prerequisite equipment to hand, (3D Xray machine) but they wanted to do the operation themselves rather than to use the experienced Implantologists advertised on their websites.

You'll see the same two Implantologists on various Thailand dentistry websites. They clearly travel around, but some practices are better equipped than others.

In the end I plumped for a hospital. All equipment in one place, practitioner not wandering around all over the shop and more options for sedation and theatre of operation.

http://www.privatehealth.co.uk/private-den...nts-guide/cost/

3000......Not appnin my friend....were not talkin about a filling ere .....were talkin titanium threaded new tooth with lifetime guarantee........not sure what youve had fitted for 3 grand...probably a dogs tooth with a squidge of gripfill....regards

• 4 weeks later...

The price of one implant in Thailand is about half of what dental surgeons in the US charge. The difference is it's more reliable to have it done in the states. I think someone would save more money if there were large amount works to be done. I had my implant (root only) a month ago in San Francisco for US$1800. Abutment and crown will cost me $1700 more, totaling to $3500 for a tooth. But this price follows those set by my dental insurance because he is my insurance's prefered dentist (this is the way to negotiate with your dentist if you have dental insurance.) His usual price is $4500 per tooth. So for me, if I had it done in Thailand, I'd have saved only 1500 dollars, not enough for airtickets and hotels. Having major works done in Thailand should result in much more saving but one has to make sure the dental surgeon is well qualified or experienced in the field. Btw my dental surgeon graduated from top US dental schools and is a clinical instructor at a local dental teaching hospital.

• 2 weeks later...
The price of one implant in Thailand is about half of what dental surgeons in the US charge. The difference is it's more reliable to have it done in the states. I think someone would save more money if there were large amount works to be done. I had my implant (root only) a month ago in San Francisco for US$1800. Abutment and crown will cost me $1700 more, totaling to $3500 for a tooth. But this price follows those set by my dental insurance because he is my insurance's prefered dentist (this is the way to negotiate with your dentist if you have dental insurance.) His usual price is $4500 per tooth. So for me, if I had it done in Thailand, I'd have saved only 1500 dollars, not enough for airtickets and hotels. Having major works done in Thailand should result in much more saving but one has to make sure the dental surgeon is well qualified or experienced in the field. Btw my dental surgeon graduated from top US dental schools and is a clinical instructor at a local dental teaching hospital.

Those are your figures. I had mine done by an oral surgeon and dentist for US$1200. So the possible savings are much more than you have stated. But at the same time, as you wrote, the saving can be taken up with flights and accommodation as you would probably have to visit twice...

But of course, since you are writing on ThaiVisa, the chances are that you are going to be in Thailand at some point anyway. :D So, no extra costs at all, only savings. :)

Hi!

I payed 75 000 baht for one implant at Samui dental home, opposite Thai inter hospital, just between Tesco Chaweng and Banana IT-shop.

Just make sure you get a good implant.

I have written about it in the health forum before.

Some implants are not as good as others and some are not even allowed to be sold in some european countries but are still allowed to be sold here.

My dentist in Sweden is teacher of the school for dentist, and works with Stockholm Karolinska Institute which provicdes researches on dental implant in specific. There has been a scientific study by Gothenburg Sahlgrenska institute and it prooves that some implants are less good than others.

Don't mean to sound like a complete "geek", just want to help.

Have had problems with my teeth myself for a long time and it is not very nice!

take care

/comehome!

you have got to be nut job to get dental work done in sami. eveyrone nows that. bangkok is really cheap and get muych better qualified dentist than in samui. i think that you must be crazy to get this done here, and not there. why not look on bangkok forum and ask same question, you will find for 20 thougands cheaper.