Crackdown On Back-to-back Tourist Visa Applications

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Would your own country allow thai's to come and stay as long as the want?

Probably not, as most industrialized Western countries {more often than not, the Anglo-American world} have much more suppressive and cautious immigration/visa laws than one could find here.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Personally I fail to see the problem. If someone is a genuine tourist they ahve nothing to fear. ..
How do I prove a negative? How do I prove I am not working in Thailand? I teach in Japan and Korea and live the rest of the time in Thailand. All the money I earn in Japan and Korea I spend in Thailand, 100%. I am often questioned and was last threaten with a denial of my visa application when I applied at the Thai Embassy in Lao.

I have never worked in Thailand and have no desire to. If I wanted to work here, I have all the qualifications to get a work visa to teach (I have work visas for Japan and Korea in my passport and the requirements to get those are more demanding than Thailand). I don't work in Thailand because the pay is too low and you are asked to work too hard for what you earn.

During the argument about my visa application in Lao the clerk told me “I need to respect the law of Thailand” and told me I needed to supply the requirements for a non-immigrant visa. She decided I was braking Thailand law without a shred of evidence and no due process and was going to deny my application. I flipped out! I told her I do respect the law of Thailand and I meet all the requirements to be granted a tourist visa, I told her she should respect Thai law and grant the visa in accordance with Thai law. There was no valid legal reason for her to deny the visa or ask for additional requirements. She did grant it begrudgingly but told me another one would not be granted in the future.

They should just set a clear rule on what is required and follow it!

Edited by passport220

^

Well all I can think is that if you can spend so much time living and not working in Thailand, then teaching in Korea and Japan must pay very very well.

Has nothing to do with the topic, but FYI, I am 46 years old. My nest egg for the future and the bulk of my net worth was earned in America. I can live reasonable comfortably without teaching, but I am not truly wealthy and the extra income gives me piece of mind as well as keeps me active. Edited by passport220

• 1 year later...

How whats the status of tourist visa now ? . , Them start to charge for TV now or not ? . . . . Vientiane still issues Red stamps even now when the free TR visas should have been ended . . . ? . . . . .

So PP still easy makes the 2x TR visas ? . ,

thanks for reports.