'yellow Shirt' Leader Gets Six Months Prison In Defamation Case

webfact

It might help you to understand Thailand better, if you were actually smart enough to know that those cases are still pending rulings.

Your so right, I have only been here six years. And it has only been about two years now that we have been waiting for those cases to come to court. I am sure you know why those HUGE law breaking activities against the people of Thailand have not moved forward, but a small case against a single person has.

You should therefore have learned that most cases here can take a long time to come to court, it's not specific to just Sondhi or Thaksin, TiT.

It might help you to understand Thailand better, if you were actually smart enough to know that those cases are still pending rulings.

Your so right, I have only been here six years. And it has only been about two years now that we have been waiting for those cases to come to court. I am sure you know why those HUGE law breaking activities against the people of Thailand have not moved forward, but a small case against a single person has.

You should therefore have learned that most cases here can take a long time to come to court, it's not specific to just Sondhi or Thaksin, I'm not necessarily defending this state-of-affairs, just pointing out that it's the way things work here.

Has anyone ever seen an elite actually serve jail time? Any time he serves will be in his living room.

Duangchalerm Yoobamrung, son of the powerful Thonburi ex-policeman/strongman/politician/godfather, Chalerm, served a year on remand. Though rumour has it his cell was similar to a hotel room and the prison guards were on his pay roll. His mother being a judge probably didn't hurt.

The members of the election commission served 3 days, I believe, for contempt of court.

The ex-health minister, Rakkiat Sukthana, รักเกียรติ สุขธนะ, is in prison after being convicted of corruption. He was initially sentenced to 15 years but this sentence may have been reduced.

The police commissioner, Chalor Kerdthes, has been in prison for a number of years following convictions for murder and embezzlement. It should be added that few people have succeeded in causing the cessation of diplomatic relations with the world's biggest oil producer.

That's all I can think of.

You've been here six years, then you should have known that this small case against a single person began back in 2005. That's approximately about 3 good years before the two cases that you were harping on about. I hope now that you are smart enough to understand the concept of getting in line, queueing etc etc. :)

Hello...Bill...

The airport was only LAST DECEMBER.... not even a year.

Or is your internal clock running on double speed?

We have only just passed the date of Samak's SOE starting the Red Rioting season.

The airport trial is moving along the docket, and just a Sondhi was convicted

for two things from two years ago, sometime in the next year PAD will step back onto the docket.

They have just gotten to Oct 7th, still not worked up to Dec 4th yet.

Like it or not the Thai courts are slow. But uniformly slow.

Exactly! :)