Bob's Bbq And Burgers - Near Lolitas And Soi Diana

Ulysses G.

I have tried this place twice and spent around 300 baht, but am still hungry when I leave. The food is well-prepared, but tiny portions and high prices. They "give" you a piece of corn which is about 20 percent the size of a whole one - gee thanks. :)

Very good baked beans, but a 100 baht portion is really worth about 35 baht because of the size. I am comparing with restaurants in Chiang Mai, but they usually seem about the same to me. What do Pattaya customers think?

I agree with you Ulysses, the portions are a bit small for the money. I've only been to Bobs a couple of times and while I enjoyed the food, I remember a buddy that ordered his baked potato with "extras" at an additional cost of 50 baht. The the "toppings" amounted to about 6 bacon bit pieces, a tiny sliver of cheese and a teaspon of sour cream. My buddy didn't mind paying an extra 50 baht but he expected his potato to be topped u, not scalped :D

He asked to speak to the boss and Bob -to his credit- waived the 50 baht charge. Heck, Bob didn't even sick the staff on him or call the police and have have him arrested for dinning with out a helmet. (Little humor there, Bob had some tables in the street then, as did many Soi LK Metro establishments)

double post. so... as an american, i can vouch that i can barely use the internet.
Thats funny, who said americans dont have a sense of humour ! :)

Pretty sure it was Groucho Marx.

I have to admit that I REALLY enjoyed Cherry's and I was not hungry when I left either. The waitor kept offering us more food, but we were stuffed on the best BBQ ribs that I have had in this part of the world so we did not need any extras.

By the way, Bob's was completely out of hamburger, so burgers were not even an option.

Sorry to differ, but their ribs are typical of Thailand, par-boiled then grilled. I've never had real barbecued ribs here (Bob's included).

If you are ever in Chiang Mai then I recommend you try The Dukes restrauant. The ribs are outstanding.

Some of you guys are a bit too critical of Bob's BBQ. Sure you pay for the food but you are getting a fair deal. Remember Bob is always there not some flash in the pan closed tomarrow kind of place.

This is a family resturant that puts a great deal of effort into serving you. Heck Bob also has his hands full trying to raise his kids. What are you guys doing. If you want cheap native food this is not the place to go. If you want some tasty falang dishes then trot on over.

Happy Trails :)

Clearly, old Bobby has some local friends ... :)

What does having a family have to do with the food he is SELLING? Is he a church goin' God fearin' Christian good ol' boy too? Heavens to Margatroid, I must have a plate of them ribs!

:D :D :D

Edited by Jingthing

Some of you guys are a bit too critical of Bob's BBQ. Sure you pay for the food but you are getting a fair deal. Remember Bob is always there not some flash in the pan closed tomarrow kind of place.

This is a family resturant that puts a great deal of effort into serving you. Heck Bob also has his hands full trying to raise his kids. What are you guys doing. If you want cheap native food this is not the place to go. If you want some tasty falang dishes then trot on over.

Happy Trails :D

O.K. you have sold the place to me 'threelegcowboy'; I'll give the place a go. I'm sure that Bob's a swell guy with his hands full trying to raise the ankle-biters and such.

I will trot on over! Thanks! :)

I tried the Cucumber place once for Thai food. It was decent Thai food, a bit overpriced for the neighborhood, but I didn't find it compelling enough to go back. Vientienne on the other hand is a gem.

:)

Ventienne Restaurant/ Lunch yesterday:

- Nam nuong Set (Skewered Pork served with lettuce leaves, mint, vegetables & peanut sauce

- Tom Ka Goong Mapow On (Chicken soup w/vegetables & shrimp, served in a coconut)

- Pla Phat Kuhn Chai (Sauteed fish filets w/celery)

- 1 coke

- 1 bottle, water

Around 330 baht.

Great lunch for my TGF & me. Very tasty food; authentic, fresh and well presented. Very good service, too. All good, no complaints!

I will continue with my Vientienne restaraunt visits,and not forgetting Cucumber restarauant

Why do you rate the 'Cucumber' restaurant on Pattay Tai?

Suppose there are better,but its just a place i get good food and consistant too with very good service.There is one on sukhumvit,turning right at threpassit rd,and about 2k on the right,not been for a while but very good value for money.

Don't want to derail this topic too far, but the Vientiane was great at its old location where the Avenue is located now. The new place in South Pattaya Road reminds me to a train station waiting area...no ambiance whatsoever.