Abhisit's Motorcade Pelted With Fermented Fish, Bottles, Sandals In Lop Buri

george

PM's motorcade pelted with fermented fish, bottles, sandals in Lop Buri

LOP BURI: -- The motorcade of Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva was pelted with bags of fermented fish, water bottles and sandals when it was leaving the a municipality office Saturday morning.

Abhisit, Deputy Prime Minister Korbsak Sabhavasu, PM's Office Minister Satit Wongnongtaey and Deputy Commerce Minister Alongkorn Pollabutr travelled together in a motorcade to the Tambon Thawung Municipality in Thawung district.

The prime minster went there to give price guarantee contracts and registration certificates to farmers who registered under the commodity price guarantee scheme. The prime minister also taped his TV programme at the municipality office.

Some 50 red-shirt protesters protested against the prime minister about 30 metres away from the office.

At 10 am, when the motorcade left the office, the protesters bombarded the motorcade with fermented fish bags, water bottles and sandals.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009-09-12

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to see each and every "protestor" who attacked the PM's car charged, convicted, and locked up. What country is supposed to tolerate this? In many countries including my own, they may have been shot, and the people would have applauded it. Is Abhisit being too weak? Isn't it time to send the message this is going to stop, whether you like it or not?

Edited by Jingthing

I would like to see each and every "protestor" who attacked the PM's car charged, convicted, and locked up.

Agreed.

It is interesting to note that when PAD was hounding the Somchai Government members with the hand clapper nonsense, Abhisit was among those who made public statements criticizing PAD protest behavior, urging them to desist.

Protesting is fine. Hurling insults is fine. Hurling objects is not acceptable.

Edited by way2muchcoffee

Only managed 50 odd protesters... not to strong an turn out.

And wasting good fish too, unless it weas from that PPP connected fish company

that can't sell it's rotten crap anymore.

Yes it is par for the course for this side of the mental divide, throwing food and shoes.

And do they actually think this will have ANY effect on governance?

Any effect on bringing Thaksin home?

Any effect on charter redrafts?

Nor on calling new elections...

This last is one of the stated reasons why new elections will not be held fast.

Idiots like this prevent free and fair elections.

They are shooting their own foot in so many ways.

I've checked Abhisit's twitter account - he has not yet posted anything on this topic! Surely having your car hit with a bag of plaa (I assume) deserves a tweet.

Yeah, I'm surprised he wasn't pushing the buttons on the old dog and bone the minute it started happening :)

I'm personally looking forward to when the buzz of this silly service dies down.

I would like to see each and every "protestor" who attacked the PM's car charged, convicted, and locked up. What country is supposed to tolerate this? In many countries including my own, they may have been shot, and the people would have applauded it. Is Abhisit being too weak? Isn't it time to send the message this is going to stop, whether you like it or not?

What kind of a stupid remark is that!

How would you feel if a certain political party says you come from the wrong side of the country,youre skin is too dark,and you are to dum to have the right to vote ?

In the so many country's you are talking about you would have the same kind of reaction or worse.

How would you feel if a certain political party says you come from the wrong side of the country,youre skin is too dark,and you are to dum to have the right to vote ?

In the so many country's you are talking about you would have the same kind of reaction or worse.

Which political party said that?

If you were talking about the PAD they were not and are not yet a political party. :)

That strangely enough is what free speech is about.

You can say it as many people say bad and stupid things about Abhisit and Thaksin but until they people that make the statement are actually up in an election AND have won a majority there is no real problem.

Only if there is a political party out there who spout this stuff and ONLY if they win a majority of the seats in the government will there be a cause to worry.

I can seen that happening just after I get snowed in during a blizzard up here in Klong Lan. :D :D

Yeah they should have closed down the airport and crippled the country instead.

Then they would get off scot free.

Which political party said that?

If you were talking about the PAD they were not and are not yet a political party. :)

That strangely enough is what free speech is about.

You can say it as many people say bad and stupid things about Abhisit and Thaksin but until they people that make the statement are actually up in an election AND have won a majority there is no real problem.

Only if there is a political party out there who spout this stuff and ONLY if they win a majority of the seats in the government will there be a cause to worry.

I can seen that happening just after I get snowed in during a blizzard up here in Klong Lan. :D:D

The fans of a certain party are saying these things all the time .

I wonder why when there are elections in Thailand lately they never alloud UN or Europian observers to see if everything is legal????

They even do this in Afghanistan and Irak.

The events clearly show that democracy is not the real aim and never will be of the reds.

Unless democracy means 'reds wins at any cost'.

A democratic process begins long before any election and never stops. An election in itself is but a very small detail in it.

Unless some posters realize that we will have the same boring rehash of one-liners here in this thread and for future years to come...*yawn*.

In many countries including my own, they may have been shot, and the people would have applauded it.

And exactly what banana republic do you hail from? :)

That would be the United States of America and don't even think about throwing projectiles at our esteemed president, you will be sorry.

Edited by Jingthing

In many countries including my own, they may have been shot, and the people would have applauded it.

And exactly what banana republic do you hail from? :D

That would be the United States of America and don't even think about throwing projectiles at our esteemed president, you will be sorry.

Wasn't that shoes, another country and another president that was a media focus?

And don't they just shoot presidents in America- not the people- generally? I think Mark would prefer the plaa +. :)

The events clearly show that democracy is not the real aim and never will be of the reds.

A democratic process begins long before any election and never stops. An election in itself is but a very small detail in it.

Unless some posters realize that we will have the same boring rehash of one-liners here in this thread and for future years to come...*yawn*.

Yawn and Yawn again, as I do not like being the one to bring this up, however, I do remember when the Yellow PAD people were throwing shoes, bottles, etc. at Somchai and then attacking the police so PLEASE all of you just stop this infantile actions and start acting like adults. Both sides need to stop, turn a new page and quit trying to do one better that the other. That is what a vendetta is, and there is no winner in that type of action.

Edited by cougar52

Yawn and Yawn again, as I do not like being the one to bring this up, however, I do remember when the Yellow PAD people were throwing shoes, bottles, etc. at Somthai and then attacking the police so PLEASE all of you just stop this infantile actions and start acting like adults. Both sides need to stop, turn a new page and quit trying to do one better that the other. That is what a vendetta is, and there is no winner in that type of action.

Why do you bring the yellows misdeed into this? Aren't the red's currently claiming high and mighty that they are for true democracy?

Or you are saying that both sides are bad and both are not for true democracy and the struggle has nothing to do with democracy?

Well, then we can agree on something.

Carry on.

I do remember when the Yellow PAD people were throwing shoes, bottles, etc. at Somthai

In your alternative universe, maybe? :)

and then attacking the police

The PAD only attacked the police in retaliation during Oct 7 crackdown. Never in isolated incidents.

I do remember when the Yellow PAD people were throwing shoes, bottles, etc. at Somthai

In your alternative universe, maybe? :)

and then attacking the police

The PAD only attacked the police in retaliation during Oct 7 crackdown. Never in isolated incidents.

Bull Sh*t, how about an unarmed police in the airport before the take over by PAD. Some of you really live in another planet.

And yes, Twap they are both wrong and there is no democracy in neither ones action. I won't argue with an imbalanced person that makes statements such as "don't confuse me with facts, my mind is made up"

Some 50 red-shirt protesters protested against the prime minister about 30 metres away from the office.

At 10 am, when the motorcade left the office, the protesters bombarded the motorcade with fermented fish bags, water bottles and sandals.

At least it wasn't their usual bricks & baseball-bats. :)

'True Democracy' shows its true colours, you can be on any side you want, as long as it's theirs ... :D

Bull Sh*t, how about an unarmed police in the airport before the take over by PAD. Some of you really live in another planet.

Bullshit, never heard or saw it.

Here you go (Never heard or saw it), if you put your head in the sand like an ostrich you will never hear or see a lot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsEHKg-MJQE...34&index=33

Edited by cougar52

Bullshit, never heard or saw it.

Or the kidnap of an armed officer at the airport (the one that went back to get his motorcycle).

Or the kidnap of an undercover officer at the airport (the poor lady who was paraded on stage and looked petrified).

The PAD 'army' guards were violent time after time after time (shooting people and dumping their bodies out the back of the airport, running over policeman and who can forget the classic shooting at unarmed taxi drivers whilst his mate held a photo behind him...).

This, of course, does NOT condone or excuse violent behaviour by the reds or blues or anyone else. The non-stop blinkered viewpoint consistently exhibited by several posters on this thread is exactly the core problem that damages the country more and more day by day. It's pure ignorance.

Ah so you are Russian then? Yes gunning down protesters is definitely the answer, if people don't agree with the government then kill them, kill 'em all an' kill 'em quickly. I believe a leadership position awaits you on this post:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Chaiyasit-Ex...45#entry3006445

#32 - You will love it, finally get to show your real mettle rather than flap your gums. Get a good tailor though.