Phuket Acts To Clean Up Jet-ski Woes

webfact

Article 34 of the motion picture law is the key to understanding this hooha. Nearly all the responses on ThaiVisa have been along the lines of "It is fine for the foreigners to come and break local laws if it reveals that other laws are being broken by locals."

The Thai government has a law that says you cannot make a film or TV show here without going through a series of formalities. I feel sure that this TV crew knew about the law before coming because most professional film crews do their homework before leaving home soil. I do not believe it was "an innocent mistake."

Everyone knows that there are laws being broken by locals every day somewhere in Thailand - but somehow we should tolerate an entertainment porgram's producers that break the law because it proves what we all already know?

If a Thai TV crew had broken British or Australian laws in filming illegal scenes in those countries, and were subsequently put on charges, I guess ThaiVisa denizens would be crowing about how Thais cannot break the law with impunity in "their" countries. Laws are laws are laws. Why are some worth paying attention to but others not?

From what I have read, I am led to believe that the filmclip in question was made by a Thai film production company. The Thai film company own the copyright and sold certain rights to a foreign production company.

Right or wrong?

Hi guys,

I watched the first part and half of the second one on YouTube... and anyone who is not blind can see that's staged from A to Z.

That doesn't mean that such things don't happen in Thailand, probably they do, but JJ, the marines, the girl and his boyfriend, they were clearly ACTING, it was anything but real.

This proves once again how almost everything you see on TV is false, and it's artificially made to push some intentional meaning.

R.I.P to this bu****it please, the only way to judge something is to personally test it, or be there.

If this was all acting, why has JJ been arrested and charged with demanding money with menace, extortion or whatever?

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jet ski video maker faces prosecution

Police admit extortion of tourists hard to stop

PHUKET: -- A Thai video production company involved in the filming of alleged extortion of foreigners by a Phuket jet ski operator is to be prosecuted for sending the recordings abroad for broadcasting without permission.

Wanasiri Morakul, director of the Thailand Film Office which comes under the Tourism and Sports Ministry, yesterday said police had traced the tapes to a company called Black Sheep Productions.

She said the managers of the company, which had produced the Big Trouble In Thailand series for Bravo All News station in England, admitted to holding the copyright for the recordings.

More here http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/2404...ces-prosecution

postlogo.jpg

-- Bangkok Post 2009-09-18

Will the star or the show Howard be arrested

Notice to all foreigners planning a Thailand Holiday.

Why take chances. Protect yourself...

come to Chiang Mai...... not a jet ski in sight...

:)

Khun Gonzo - you are naive idealist...Friend of mine used to run car/motorbike rent shop in ChiangMai

long time ago.The same scam was going on then - with motorbikes.

Hi guys,

I watched the first part and half of the second one on YouTube... and anyone who is not blind can see that's staged from A to Z.

That doesn't mean that such things don't happen in Thailand, probably they do, but JJ, the marines, the girl and his boyfriend, they were clearly ACTING, it was anything but real.

This proves once again how almost everything you see on TV is false, and it's artificially made to push some intentional meaning.

R.I.P to this bu****it please, the only way to judge something is to personally test it, or be there.

...so...

... you are implying I have a braille keyboard?

And are you are suggesting

the Royal Marines performed

in a staged reality show

that would most likely upset some Thai authorities?

...can't quite see the motive in that one.

This is a typical Thai response.. blame the messenger. Try to hide the facts. :D

Not necessarily a Thai response. In the USA, those who exposed how corrupt ACORN is (the recipient of millions of taxpayers' money) the Washington DC District Attorney is about to prosecute those two journalist for not securing a proper release from the crooks that were giving advise on how to set up a prostitution house with girls aged 12-15 in the USA. That was but one of the many indefensible evidences against ACORN. No pronouncements from the so called "mainstream Media", White House or the Senate.

Mu two cents. :)

the reason why that idiot JJ agreed to be filmed in something that damages Thailand so much is far beyond my concerns, but those dialogues and attitudes were acted 100%, you can PERCEIVE it.

Maybe money for him and for the Thai production company selling to the British one explains everything.

Same story for the girl in prison: a camera is not invisible and people act when in front of it.

I'm sure things went VERY differently from the way they are represented in that "documentary", that is a representation of what CAN happen in Thailand, but did not happen to them.

At least this is my point of view.

Hi guys,

...so...

... you are implying I have a braille keyboard?

And are you are suggesting

the Royal Marines performed

in a staged reality show

that would most likely upset some Thai authorities?

...can't quite see the motive in that one.

Braille keyboard probably :)

this kind of shows are popular because they look true and people take them as true, but truth is a something different, it means to know the context of things. we live in a big Truman show, and we can't admit it yet.

Edited by halfluke

Jet ski video maker faces prosecution

Police admit extortion of tourists hard to stop

PHUKET: -- A Thai video production company involved in the filming of alleged extortion of foreigners by a Phuket jet ski operator is to be prosecuted for sending the recordings abroad for broadcasting without permission.

Wanasiri Morakul, director of the Thailand Film Office which comes under the Tourism and Sports Ministry, yesterday said police had traced the tapes to a company called Black Sheep Productions.

She said the managers of the company, which had produced the Big Trouble In Thailand series for Bravo All News station in England, admitted to holding the copyright for the recordings.

More here http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/2404...ces-prosecution

postlogo.jpg

-- Bangkok Post 2009-09-18

The jet-ski operators tarnish Thailand's reputation abroad - not vice versa. It is about time to liquidate such

businesses and introduce honest operations everywhere. Hopefully, a dream comes true.

Look at how much this crook JJ makes each year. If he extorts money from just one jet ski user per day then he receives 60,000 baht, multiply that by say 300 for the times the offence is perpetrated each year then he makes an astonishing 18,000,000 baht !!! :) . Add this to the actual hiring of the jet skis and you realise there is a huge profit to me made from this criminal activity. With kickbacks to the police force and high end officials, this scam will continue to run and run, even if JJ were to leave the scene another goon would simply replace him.

The bottom line is this 'DON'T USE THE JET SKI'S'

Yes, I agree completely. How on earth can Thailand hold its head up when it has a completely stupid law against making a film which shows Thailand in a critical light? Really, how ridiculous is that? The problem is that these influential people are so used to using strong-arm tactics in Thais they really believe they can use them against everyone.

Suppose for instance that the film company managers were fined or jailed. What would the international response be to that? Some of these people just don't think things through very well, and just have a knee-jerk response to everything. For them, to think is to say, to tonk is to do, no intervention at all from the rational mind.

Many Thais I know now remind me of what I have said to them "Kit korn put, kit korn tam" *sigh*. Uphill battle sometimes.

the problem is, most Thai's don't THINK... they just do... they don't care what the rest of the world thinks of Thailand... they just want our money... period... come to Thailand for a day, spend 10,000 bucks and go home the next morning... easy...

Seems that the powers that be can't do s---t about the millions of scams geard toward tourists....Why not just take a random 30% of all people coming here and rob them blind the minute the door to the plane opens.........Save a lot of heart ache not to mention all the spining the Govt needs to do.....

Good information on post.W`ow, and do they think it will do them more good for tourism than harm by sending the production company to jail? How about using that energy and the courts to I don't know maybe arrest the scammers, put a stop to the tuk-tuk crap, arrest any cop on the take....

Well, in the states, right now the hot news is that of a 20 and 25 year old went into an "ACORN" branch with a hidden camera and asked about getting government paid help with buying a house to host their "Prostitution biz, complete with underage girls from south america". The managers of the offices (they went to four offices throughout the states), wanted to help them, no one threw them out. Then the videos got posted on the internet, and now the company ACORN is under total fire, it has been getting millions of government money.... The people that broke the story, no charges.... The crooked government is finally cutting off funding to this company, they have no choice, the country now sees the corruption,, well, we saw it before, but now "they" have to do something about it. ITS ON THE INTERNET!

Ahhhhhh, America, you can compare it to finally putting on clean socks and shoes after wearing flip flops for three months in thailand.

Here is the site, if you were wondering... biggovernment . com

wow, and do they think it will do them more good for tourism than harm by sending the production company to jail? How about using that energy and the courts to I don't know maybe arrest the scammers, put a stop to the tuk-tuk crap, arrest any cop on the take....

WOW is all I can really say.

"to finally putting on clean socks and shoes after wearing flip flops for three months in Thailand"

That's weird, never heard that foreigners were forced to wear flip flops. I only wear socks and shoes, also a protection against open wounds and infections.

These documentaries are just a hyped up mainly excauated load of nonsense.

Take a look on Utube at the uncut interviews and scenes. It`s obvious that most of it is semi staged, plus the bar fights and street yob sagas, you’ll find these in any British towns after the pub and club animal chunking out times. Also the story about the young girl facing drug charges and her loser boyfriend. I was hoping she would have gone down for a least a year as an example to those who think Thailand is a soft touch.

That JJ who during an interview admitted that he is not a full Thai, but half Dutch, is wallowing in all the fame and is always guaranteed to put on a good show in front of the cameras.

It`s all done for gaining high viewer ratings, profit and entertainment at the expense of the Thais, damaging the already badly hit tourist industries and Thailand’s image around the world.

I am sure that for the Thais and the ex-pats that helped create and produce this rubbish are looking at a very grim future career wise in Thailand and perhaps even deportation for the Farang police who participated in this without official approval.

Pure, unadulterated twaddle. :)

Your point about that scumbag JJ being only half thai.........SO WHAT?????? I dont care if he half martian. What difference does that make?

What are you saying? That this scam doesnt exist? I KNOW it exists. I and many other people I know have experienced it directly.

So you are implying that our friend JJ was a plant by the camera crew? That the british marines, including the marine captain, are either complicit in the deception and hence liars? That all the people such as myself who have experienced this are talking nonsense? Are you taking the piss or what?

"It`s all done for gaining high viewer ratings, profit and entertainment at the expense of the Thais, damaging the already badly hit tourist industries and Thailand’s image around the world."

Eh...sorry mate. Anyone with a brain in their head can see that it is the Thai's themselves who are mainly responsible for the scams perpetuated on tourists, of which this is a prime example. Resident farangs are also involved, but the real blame lies with the thai authorities and their reluctance to acknowledge the problem even exists, their stubborn refusal to take responsibility for whats happening and instead resort to the classic thai response of blaming foreign media for exposing the problem, and finally the outright collusion of many authorities in the scams themselves.

I'm just lost for words really. How you could post such an idiotic comment is beyond my comprehension.

I could go on and on, but frankly I dont want to waste anymore time than I already have.

I witnessed this jet-ski scam 2 times in a 3 day period on the beach in Pattaya

this is unacceptable for it to go unannouced to the public

A lot of camera recorders are floating around tourist spots in thailand and can capture this sort of thing at anytime

WILL A TOURIST BE PROSECUTED FOR PUBLICIZING THIS ON YOUTUBE ?

AGAIN - THAI'S CONTINUALLY SHOOT THEMSELVES IN THE FOOT WITH THIS REACTION AND PROGRESS IN THE WRONG DIRECTION

I do not wish anyone to loose their jobs and income due to the falling tourism levels

But the higher up's have made this a dangerous game they are playing and their ignorance cannot be ignored by the general public

Here we go for continued loss of revenue for many simple Thai's attempting to make a living off the foreigners - all caused by simple minded Thai authoritarians

sassienie, are you completely dumb?

There is a saying in English....'give someone enough rope to hang themselves'. That is all that the documentary producers did with that scumbag JJ. They knew he would do it, although, I think the BB gun was a surprise even to them!

(no wonder the police say that is hard to stop...... it would put a dent in their own wallets)

By the way, what does it matter if he is only half Thai? All your opinions only show what a brain washed idiot you are. THE AUTHORITIES ARE TO BLAME.

If you support the Thai laws regarding censorship, then you are not DEMOCRATIC.

The documentary also showed the farang girl in prison to be a complete idiot as well. So, there was no favoritism by the producers in portraying Thailand in a bad light.

This type of RIP OFF (jetski) and other scams on Farang happen everyday here, from the girl who tried to charge me 500 bht for 5 mins shaving my head to the crippled flower seller who tried to get 200 bht for a flower necklace.

When will Thai people wise up? You just shoot yourselves in the foot ALL THE TIME.

Edited by scubarick

Notice to all foreigners planning a Thailand Holiday.

Why take chances. Protect yourself...

come to Chiang Mai...... not a jet ski in sight...

:)

No don't come to chiangmai we don't want all you tourists up here spoiling our beatiful part of Thailand. Don't have the problems that they have in all the major tourist areas can live peacefully here. If all the tourists pour in then it will ruin the place and become another shit hole like Pattaya full of bars and prostitutes and scammers.

Last time I was in CMai it had bars, prostitutes and scammers so I think your wet dream has already been wrecked:D

Hi guys,

Apparently there is more than one muppet on this board. Its beginning to look like an infestation. :)

I wonder if the police who arrested JJ accepted his explanation that he was just a paid actor. My God, i have heard of method actors going to whole hog in immersing themselves in a role. But getting himself arrested just to keep up the pretense......wow. Now THAT is commitment to his craft. Oh wait......maybe the police who arrested him were just paid actors too........

Kudo's also to the British navy. I had no idea that they produced such an array of thespian talent.

I'm really beginning to lose faith in the future of humanity when i read posts like these. :D

I'm not sure what you are smoking, but if you think the girl that got caught with the dope is acting then, wow, just wow...

Yes, I am sure they hired the Honorary Consulate (as those are known individuals, not any no-name actors), the police, the lawyers (ep2) and more and had them read from scripts here... :)

What is wrong with people?

Hi guys,

Apparently there is more than one muppet on this board. Its beginning to look like an infestation. :)

I wonder if the police who arrested JJ accepted his explanation that he was just a paid actor. My God, i have heard of method actors going to whole hog in immersing themselves in a role. But getting himself arrested just to keep up the pretense......wow. Now THAT is commitment to his craft. Oh wait......maybe the police who arrested him were just paid actors too........

Kudo's also to the British navy. I had no idea that they produced such an array of thespian talent.

I'm really beginning to lose faith in the future of humanity when i read posts like these. :D

You are missing the point, if the whole thing was a "movie" JJ wouldnt expect to get arrested at all would he? I'm pretty sure he wouldnt have volunteered to be arrested.