Coconut Trees

michaelbutcher

I'm on Phuket and quite like the idea of a row of nice tall coconut trees along the front of the house, and to hel_l with the neighbours :)

No, seriously, wife says will be presented with bills from irate car owners and the like when a strong wind comes blowing down the soi.

What's the best way to harvest the fruit before they're ready to drop? Rent-a-monkey?

You're just as likely to be knocked unconscious by one yourself. I saw a tourist end up in hospital for a week after being struck by a large coconut on Koh Chang.

I'm on Phuket and quite like the idea of a row of nice tall coconut trees along the front of the house, and to hel_l with the neighbours :)

No, seriously, wife says will be presented with bills from irate car owners and the like when a strong wind comes blowing down the soi.

What's the best way to harvest the fruit before they're ready to drop? Rent-a-monkey?

Yessss, do take to dodging very gingerly midst those parts of the island populated with them, although they seem to be everywhere.

If anyone in the Phuket area's re-doing their plot and need to offload any palms other than coconuts (did see someone advertising in the local paper asking if someone would come and collect a large palm rather than have it chopped down) please pm me and I'll arrange pick up :) Thanks