Am I Being A Oldish Cynic?

South

Am I being an old cynic here but in the last few months I have been reading some, in my opinion some very stupid stupid (meant to be repeated) threads.

Examples:

What is the cheapet way to get from Swampyboom to the city?

Which is cheaper, Tesco, Big C, or Carrefour etc?

How much sinsot should I pay?

Is there a bus from Bangkok to HuaHin?

t seems to me that those asking those questions have made a very serious mistake by leaving their own villages/towns.

Has common sense gone out the window?

Some guys moved out of their parents' attics too early, and their emotional and financial traumas provide us with entertainment. Just last week, a farang was ready to give his GF 10,000THB to get her motorbike back from the cops. Everyone, except the poster, realized that she was scamming him. Absolutely hilarious.

Am I being an old cynic here but in the last few months I have been reading some, in my opinion some very stupid stupid (meant to be repeated) threads.

Examples:

t seems to me that those asking those questions have made a very serious mistake by leaving their own villages/towns.

All these questions are perfectly normal. Your common sense is obviously lacking

I think OP is a little bit harsh now maybe.

The posts OP referring to is in my opinion posts and questions one should expect in these Forums.

If we all started to look through our own posts, and especially some of our early ones, most of us probably posted something not too bright, and I admit I still do.

And I have to accept being "fired at" sometimes.

However, I dont think Im stupid.

Common Sense (or as I like to call it, "Uncommon Sense") did not even come in the window!

Didn't you know that 80% of the worlds population are complete ning nongs! It's the 20% of thinkers that keep the 80% afloat :)

Common Sense (or as I like to call it, "Uncommon Sense") did not even come in the window!

Didn't you know that 80% of the worlds population are complete ning nongs! It's the 20% of thinkers that keep the 80% afloat :D

Crikey, you think as low as 80% - I've been seriously overestimating people! :D

Don't answer too many, South, do you? :)

Edited by wolf5370

Examples:

how does that old saying go "when love fly's in common sense goes out the window" but after all it is a forum

Examples:

1. The cheapest way by far is the bus shuttle service, although the train line should be running soon.

2. Macro is probably the cheapest, but the range of goods and price varies from one store to the next

3. Depends on her familes wealth, virginity status and how much you have to spend.

4. There is indeed. Try the southern bus teminal.

Hope this helps. :)

Edited by Geekfreaklover

Obviously, the people asking such questions didn't bother to search for info first.

Is it that much different than the predicament that plagues the typical Thai classroom: An inability to solve problems or to think independently?

Cue the annoying tune, It's a Small World After All :)

Examples:

1. The cheapest way by far is the bus shuttle service, although the train line should be running soon.

2. Macro is probably the cheapest, but the range of goods and price varies from one store to the next

3. Depends on her familes wealth, virginity status and how much you have to spend.

Wooo I missed it totally, he was asking the question Right?

:D

Examples:

1. Cheapest way have a friend pick you up

2. I like the market not the superstores - cheaper

3. Give as much as you like - be generous

4. Yes there is a bus - but fly

:D

Examples:

I don't know, those questions seem rather common and they do make sense for newbies. At least they aren't asking these kinds of questions:

1. Where can I find good cheap drugs here?

2. After I find those drugs, I'd also like to get me a hot little virgin bar girl to rescue; know where I can find one? I want to get married to a Thai girl!

3. Where's Khoasan Road everybody keeps talking about?

4. Where can I find a cheap hotel off the Skytrain?

5. What's the best way to get to Pattaya from the airport?

6. Is Patpong Road in Pattaya?

7. What is there to do in Thailand?

8. Why don't the meters work in Bangkok?

9. Where can I find a ladyboy?

10. What's the best hospital to have a sex change operation? :)

Totally agree with the OP, as soon as I get around to finding out how to stop the subscriptions on Thai Visa there gone, too much pointless junk. Perhaps before being allowed to post a new topic on TV newbies need to pass a competence test on using the search function. :)

If everybody did nothing but used the Search Button, the forum would be dead, every legitimate question has more than likely been asked and answered before, whether the response was right of course is another matter.

However, in a lot of cases, people are interested in their own private bubble at that particular instance in time and in a lot of cases may not even know if there is such a thing as a Search Button.

It doesn't really take much to either help or decline.

On a further point, if the request for aid has the response,

Use the Search Button
who is to say that the answers will be contemporary, over time and I will use Visa's as an example, rules change, more informed posters arrive, or for that matter depart, clarifications can be made.

The Search Button, although a useful tool, is not always the answer.

Edited by Mossfinn

OK, thank you for the varied responses. Some of you seem to have veered off in another direction.

Anyway, what I was trying to say was, if people have the sense to find their way out here, surely they have the sense to find out very simple information.

It seems every other day someone is asking how to get from Swampy to Pattaya/Bangkok or wherever when there are countless ways all well advertised. Other 'daily' questions can all very easily be answered with just the tiniest amount of research.

Garyh, thank you for your agreement on the issue.

Examples:

Don't know about your age or degree of cynicism.

One of the uses of the forum is to help people with information of use to them, be it in their travels or day to day life. Whether someone thinks their question is stupid is irrelevent.

Another aspect of the forum gives people the oppotunity to debate issues which many enjoy doing.

Seems ok to me

Here is another example of the BS

sunholidaysun1 has just posted a new topic entitled "Thaksin In Thai Visa" in forum "General topics".

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you think we are giving too many posts on Thanksin and keepng him in the limelight ? Should we just stop posting about him and let the government arrest him as and when ? Then we would have something to talk about !!