Pattaya - The Truth

Pie Boy

In July of this year I intend to bring some of my family to LOS, this will probably be four adults and six kids.I have never been to Pattaya and reading some of the Pattaya related post on TV doesn't make for great PR, however having spoken to people who have visited Pattaya they tell me It's great place.

Is it the place to come with kids? OK people tell me what a great little place you have there.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont care what anyone says pattaya's main attribute is the bars and the sex..

I personally would not travel over half way around the globe for anything else that is on offer in pattaya apart from the the latter.

if it was thai coulture your seeking go to chaing mai!

If its the beaches go to any of the islands in the south!

Why anyone would want to bring their children to a place like pattaya is beyond me...But on saying that you see plenty of scandinavian families enjoying the ,always found that a bit bizzare,must be the english in me..

Pattaya is definately not a family place.

Pattaya is for grownups to play.

Bangkok for couple days,changmai for few days,maybe beach at samui.

In July of this year I intend to bring some of my family to LOS, this will probably be four adults and six kids.I have never been to Pattaya and reading some of the Pattaya related post on TV doesn't make for great PR, however having spoken to people who have visited Pattaya they tell me It's great place.

Is it the place to come with kids? OK  people tell me what a great little place you have there.

Is it the place to come with kids? OK  people tell me what a great little place you have there.

There is plenty for kids to do there during the day....It is then upto the parents what to do with them at nighttime.

I'd say Pattaya is ok for kids, but there are better places to go for a "family holiday".

My family is coming over for 3 weeks in a couple of weeks, I'd prefer they went to Pattaya as convienient as I'm in BKK, but told them to go to Samui so got to drive down there.

I'd say Pattaya is ok for kids, but there are better places to go for a "family holiday".

My family is coming over for 3 weeks in a couple of weeks, I'd prefer they went to Pattaya as convienient as I'm in BKK, but told them to go to Samui so got to drive down there.

Stay in Jomtien - 15 minutes away by Sawng Thaew - better beaches for kids, not so much in-your-face adult entertainment.

Shopping is better in Patty, life is better in Jomtien.

I bring up my family on the border between the two.

For a couple of weeks holiday there are enough trips to make / beach games to try / shopping for the wives / so on, so on for a very good family holiday. And in the evenings the adults can go to non-girlie bars (if you want) and leave the kids with an English-speaking baby-sitter for very little cost.

But remember that the dry, mild weather is November - March. It is coming up to be hot and humid now, wet in August-October.

Terdsak - Samui or Samet?

Going to be a long, wet drive to Samui.

Yanks/Brits and Europeans/Scandinavians apparently have very different prude levels so I think it'd depend where you're from.

If you're the type who think it's ok for your kids to watch killing, violence and blood 24/7 but die if they saw a tit I'd suggest you find another place.

Took my wife & daughters for more than 10 years, they loved it. Education in life for the kids. I would advice staying in a good hotel though, Imarai,Dusit, maybe. This at least save the kids from having to witness the tee ruks or gay boys slavering over their partners in the pool. :o

Time spent dining out at night in nice restaurants, and places like the Moon River pub, or watching harmless shows at the Malibu bar is pure unadulterated enjoyment.

My opinion, and based on the fact that i have done it for several years with kids. No problem, do it.

Edited by SEAtramp

My family come over abt 3 or 4 times per year to visit me, 8 adults and 10 kids, kids between the age of 1 and 17. They all love it especially the kids. Stay in Jomtien, big pool, nice weather, thats all kids are looking for. There's loads to do in the day time, water sports, Koh Larn for the day, go karting, elephant trekking, ten pin bowling etc etc etc. Lets be honest you kids round a big pool all day and they'd love it no matter what country it was.

Time spent dining out at night in nice restaurants, and places like the Moon River pub, or watching harmless shows at the Malibu bar is pure unadulterated enjoyment.

My opinion, and based on the fact that i have done it for several years with kids. No problem, do it.

I/d agree there are plenty of places suitable to take the kids on a night............there also seem to be more foreign couples of all ages knocking about than ever before as well.

I have to disagree with all the negative comments about Pattaya. I have been coming to Pattaya for over 5 years now It and the surrounding areas of Thailand are fantastic. Yes there are areas of pattaya that are to do with sex and sleaze but that’s just a small part of it. There is loads to do and see great shopping, great restaurants, Brilliant hotels, fantastic days out and attractions and loads for kids to do.

Yes keep younger kids away from the sleazy area at night, would you take young children to the sleazy parts of Soho of course you wouldn’t. The people who are slagging off Pattaya either haven’t ever been there or only frequent the dodgy area and if its so bad go back and live in the UK or wherever else they come from!!!

So pieboy don’t be put off by the moaning gits saying its not a good place to come I am sure that you your family and your Children will have a fantastic holiday of a lifetime! :o

FWIW, & call me conservative on this one, but I wouldn't bring under 16's across the world to Thailand, never mind Pattaya. Take 'em to Greece. Or somewhere else in the med where they can at least play with many other children.

Btw, are you aware that July's in the middle of the rainy :o season...!?

Howabout some of the locals suggesting hotels with large grounds for the kids to play on. Playing on the grounds is close to the rooms and good for passing time in between scheduled trips and excursions. How old are the kids?

Edited by aughie

FWIW, & call me conservative on this one, but I wouldn't bring under 16's across the world to Thailand, never mind Pattaya. Take 'em to Greece. Or somewhere else in the med where they can at least play with many other children.

Btw, are you aware that July's in the middle of the rainy  :D  season...!?

Yep I`d call you conservative.....take em to boring Greece.

Why wouldn`t you take the kids to Thailand?.....

Have you ever been to Thailand?....

Serendipity....oh yeah that means the faculty of making fortunate discoveries by accident.....I suppose you`ll find plenty of exciting discoveries on a Greek beach....or a boring Cyprus beach...or Blackpool.... :o

Conservative is to kind. Boring ole fart sounds better.

My children travelled from Uk to Thailand 20+ times. Both at Uni now. They correspond to this day with friends they met in Pattaya from Australia, Russia, & Germany, and even Thai bargirls that have since married and living in Italy & America.

I took them from the age of 6 until they were 16. They have been in more bars in Pattaya than many posters of this board.

No doubt they caught glimpses of semi naked girls when passing the go go bars or sat at the Carousel bar as it revolded round :o I guess they have seen the same in the school changing rooms, so it beats me where any kid is going to see anything that is construded to be sex/sleaze. Unless of course you are daft enough to take them to a sex show. And even then i would be suprised if they got past the door.

The truth is Pattaya has so many attractions for families, water sports, day tours. Any family would enjoy it actually, I think. Just keep an open mind. :D

There is plenty for kids to do there during the day....It is then upto the parents what to do with them at nighttime.

Stay in Jomtien - 15 minutes away by Sawng Thaew - better beaches for kids, not so much in-your-face adult entertainment.

Shopping is better in Patty, life is better in Jomtien.

I bring up my family on the border between the two.

For a couple of weeks holiday there are enough trips to make / beach games to try / shopping for the wives / so on, so on for a very good family holiday. And in the evenings the adults can go to non-girlie bars (if you want) and leave the kids with an English-speaking baby-sitter for very little cost.

But remember that the dry, mild weather is November - March. It is coming up to be hot and humid now, wet in August-October.

I'd agree Jomtien. However to be faire Pattaya is rather quiet during the day and I don't forsee any issues w/bringing kiddies/family if you want.

Took my wife & daughters for more than 10 years, they loved it. Education in life for the kids. I would advice staying in a good hotel though, Imarai,Dusit, maybe. This at least save the kids from having to witness the tee ruks or gay boys slavering over their partners in the pool. :D

My family come over abt 3 or 4 times per year to visit me, 8 adults and 10 kids, kids between the age of 1 and 17. They all love it especially the kids. Stay in Jomtien, big pool, nice weather, thats all kids are looking for. There's loads to do in the day time, water sports, Koh Larn for the day, go karting, elephant trekking, ten pin bowling etc etc etc. Lets be honest you kids round a big pool all day and they'd love it no matter what country it was.

I/d agree there are plenty of places suitable to take the kids on a night............there also seem to be more foreign couples of all ages knocking about than ever before as well.

I have to disagree with all the negative comments about Pattaya. I have been coming to Pattaya for over 5 years now It and the surrounding areas of Thailand are fantastic. Yes there are areas of pattaya that are to do with sex and sleaze but that’s just a small part of it. There is loads to do and see great shopping, great restaurants, Brilliant hotels, fantastic days out and attractions and loads for kids to do.

Yes keep younger kids away from the sleazy area at night, would you take young children to the sleazy parts of Soho of course you wouldn’t. The people who are slagging off Pattaya either haven’t ever been there or only frequent the dodgy area and if its so bad go back and live in the UK or wherever else they come from!!!

So pieboy don’t be put off by the moaning gits saying its not a good place to come I am sure that you your family and your Children will have a fantastic holiday of a lifetime! :D

Howabout some of the locals suggesting hotels with large grounds for the kids to play on. Playing on the grounds is close to the rooms and good for passing time in between scheduled trips and excursions. How old are the kids?

Sensible replies Hooray :D

As for the blood, crime 24/7 crap :o

Howabout some of the locals suggesting hotels with large grounds for the kids to play on.

Two hotels i have already mentioned, Imari Orchard & Dusit have nice grounds to walk around in with excelent pools. The Dusit has a nice clean private beach area with sunbeds.

The Imari gardens have to be the best in Pattaya, and a pleasant walk through to beach rd. The Marriott has smaller gardens with large pool, but the kids loved sitting in the lobbys talking to the Thai 's on reception. But 95% of the day they were in the pool.

Hard Rock Hotel has the finest pool in Pattaya, rooms are all done on themed pop stars/ John Lennon Madonna etc. With the lobby decked out in pop memorabilia.

The woodlands is also a great family hotel, bungalow style around the pool, with nice gardens.

Also in the same leauge is The Montien Hotel. Superb place, pool, garden with aviary & koi pond. Also seves the best Peking duck i have ever had, in the hotels chinese restaurant.

Pieboy. Dont be put off by negative comments from people who have never ventured past the go gos and girl bars. Pattaya has a lot more to offer. Loads of activities and places to visit for children and families. Also possibly the best value for money tourist area in los. BTW the rainy season in Pattaya is not in july, it runs from around mid september to early november and is usually 1 decent downpour for about 1 hour per day.