Transportation To Pai

Sparkles

Planning a few days in Pai shortly and would like to go by bus. Have done a search but come up empty. I know there are several mini vans that go that way but that can be a pretty uncomfortable experinece being jammed in with people you might not choose to share with. I believe local buses go from the Arcade Bus terminal but have been told its a pretty tortuos journey with a zillion stops. Any experiences anybody or anyone know a vehicle which might be sized between a mini van and a big old bus ?

Planning a few days in Pai shortly and would like to go by bus. Have done a search but come up empty. I know there are several mini vans that go that way but that can be a pretty uncomfortable experinece being jammed in with people you might not choose to share with. I believe local buses go from the Arcade Bus terminal but have been told its a pretty tortuos journey with a zillion stops. Any experiences anybody or anyone know a vehicle which might be sized between a mini van and a big old bus ?

AYA travel Ph 053247889 will collect you from your house ,take you to the railway station, then take you to Pai in a minibus. Its not a bad trip, and they stop half way for a stretch.

The Arcade has a mix of mini bus and larger"VIP" buses, it seems to be luck of the draw which one they use on the day.

Then there is the non aircon "local" boneshaker, also from Arcade.

Cheers,

AYA travel Ph 053247889 will collect you from your house ,take you to the railway station, then take you to Pai in a minibus. Its not a bad trip, and they stop half way for a stretch.

The Arcade has a mix of mini bus and larger"VIP" buses, it seems to be luck of the draw which one they use on the day.

Then there is the non aircon "local" boneshaker, also from Arcade.

Cheers,

Thanks Dr Fang. I was trying to avoid a mini van as friends went with AYA last week. 13 were in the van when 12 should have been the max and they had the back seat with luggage constantly falling down on them. I realise this is probably is an isolated case but sounds like a trip from/to hel_l. I have seen a small bus but cant find the company and enquiries at the Arcade is ra ather frustrating experience as they only want to sell you tickets on their line.

Planning a few days in Pai shortly and would like to go by bus. Have done a search but come up empty. I know there are several mini vans that go that way but that can be a pretty uncomfortable experinece being jammed in with people you might not choose to share with.

Have you lost all sense of adventure? Perhaps public transportation is NOT for you. But think of it from another angle, perhaps you will be jammed in with someone you might never have otherwise encountered and you end up expanding your horizons a bit.

Planning a few days in Pai shortly and would like to go by bus. Have done a search but come up empty. I know there are several mini vans that go that way but that can be a pretty uncomfortable experinece being jammed in with people you might not choose to share with.

Have you lost all sense of adventure? Perhaps public transportation is NOT for you. But think of it from another angle, perhaps you will be jammed in with someone you might never have otherwise encountered and you end up expanding your horizons a bit.

No havn't lost my sense of adventure or my horizons but I am 67 years young with 90 year old legs from too much sport. Only decided to go by public transport as the old car,at the moment, is in about as good as shape as my legs are. My last mini van "adventure' was with a group of friendly English backpackers who hadn't seen a shower for a few days.Try that, in the heat, for 4 hours, without an opening window and a dodgy air con ! Anyway thanks for the thoughts !

It's a very twisty road on the last part- IMO a minivan will be much more comfortable than a big VIP bus, which will be swaying, using up the entire road on tight corners, and be going much slower...

I ride a motorsai; get there in a couple of hours (or so) from here.

Double that for a big bus. :)

Hubby and I had a wonderfully pleasant trip to Pai about three weeks ago. We went via SGA Airlines. They have a special deal -- round trip flight and two nights at a resort for 4500 baht per person total. That includes transfers from the airport in Pai to the resort. You could select a couple of resorts and we choose the Pai Hideaway. It was very nice, had a great pool, free bicycles (some electric) and free transport into Pai city each evening. A wonderful little mini-vacation for a very reasonable price.

The flight was spectacular, with great scenery. The plane is small; you could sit right behind the pilot & co-pilot and see everything they did. No wall separated them from the passengers. There's no toilet and the beverage service consisted of them handing you a small bottle of water and a pack of cookies as you got on the flight. But, the flight's only about 25 minutes long and the experience was very, very pleasant.

I highly recommend this SGA package. It was a relaxing trip, both in transit and once we got to Pai.

now at the arcade bus station the have a goverment bus that is the size between a minibus and a big bus cost 150 bath and plenty of room

rick

Perfect Rick ,thank you. Guess we will have to take a run over and get the schedule ,would not imagine its available on any web site and phon eenqiries fall short on info