Stun Guns For Sale

bartender100

With what looks like the obvious blessing of the police there was a guy standing outside Kilkenneys selling personal stun guns,like these last night

http://www.airtaserandstungunstore.com/stun-guns.shtml

Maybe they are legal in Thailand?

Maybe they would be handy if the elephant's that still roam around every night,play up.

Yes they are legal in Thailand for both Thais and Farang to buy.

They are legal for your protection in your home.

If you leave your home with a stun gun, pepper spray or Taser then they should be kept in your car and should only be used for self defence when attacked.

I believe as a farang that you need a non-immigrant B visa to own one. :o

With what looks like the obvious blessing of the police there was a guy standing outside Kilkenneys selling personal stun guns,like these last night

Maybe they would be handy if the elephant's that still roam around every night,play up.

If you leave your home with a stun gun, pepper spray or Taser then they should be kept in your car and should only be used for self defence when attacked.

Not legal in Aussie......well West Aussie at least.....they will confiscate it at the airport

Edited by gburns57au

Anybody know if any place is selling expandable batons? Great self-protection weapons. Carry this along with some pepper spray and you can take down even the most obnoxious drunk.

One suggestion on leaving personal protection weapons in your car or house when you are out and about-----won't do you much good. You need these items on your person if the "shit hits the fan". Better to be alive and make your explanations to the cops, than to be transported to the hospital or the morgue.

Pattaya is no longer the fairly safe and quiet place it was 10 or 15 years ago. Better safe than sorry!

Anybody know if any place is selling expandable batons?  Great self-protection weapons.  Carry this along with some pepper spray and you can take down even the most obnoxious drunk.

One suggestion on leaving personal protection weapons in your car or house when you are out and about-----won't do you much good.  You need these items on your person if the "shit hits the fan".  Better to be alive and make your explanations to the cops, than to be transported to the hospital or the morgue. 

Pattaya is no longer the fairly safe and quiet place it was 10 or 15 years ago.  Better safe than sorry!

OK you carry it around with you...and you`ll end up in the slammer.. :o

Anybody know if any place is selling expandable batons?  Great self-protection weapons.  Carry this along with some pepper spray and you can take down even the most obnoxious drunk.

You need that too take down a drunk.....A leg sweep will do the trick.... :o:D

You need that too take down a drunk.....A leg sweep will do the trick.... :o:D

..or if his legs won`t move a shotgun or k kick will do the trick.....take him a while to wake up though... :D

All the markets have at least one guy selling various versions of the extendable batons, both solid and spring types + knuckle dusters, zap guns, knifes and more. Never seen pepperspray for sale in Thailand though.

I'd like to get one for my teeruk (for personal protection only of course).

How big are they (handbag size?) and how much are they?

Obviously you have to negotiate a price, but does anyone know what the usual selling price is?

Also, has anyone seen them for sale in shops, or only on the streets?

Stun guns are illegal in Aus & the UK.

I know because I got caught with 10 back in the early 90's at Thiefrow..... nearly got sent down except for no previous....record.

Fined 1500 squid too. I was erm.... lucky you might say :o

HK customs tipped of UK customs.

They cost $10 at source in Taiwan.

What is the street price here?

• 1 year later...

Last time I was over they were on sale at pretty much every booth on beach road.

I must say the stun guns doubling as flash lights never inspired much confidence in me that they would ever do what they say on the lable. Sure they crackle nicely and a little blue spark flickers between the terminals but then I have the same thing to light my gas hob and that is not going to put a person down. They all looked a bit mickey mouse to me.

Richard

I'd like to get one for my teeruk (for personal protection only of course).

How big are they (handbag size?) and how much are they?

Who's personal protection, yours or hers ? :D

They come in different sizes. Some are flat, rectangular jobs not much bigger than two packs of cigarettes end-to-end, others look (and work) like normal round flashlights (the kind that would take 2 "D" batteries for example).

The flashlight ones have a removable head that exposes the electrodes. When the head is on, it operates like a normal flashlight.

It's been awhile since I last looked at them, but I think they range from 75,000 volts up to 500,000. Obviously the larger voltages will require more power and a larger delivery system.

One problem with things like these, expandable batons, kubota key chains and the like, is that you have to know how to use them. If you aren't confident and capable, then they are pretty much useless.

There is also the danger of having those items used against you. Pretty embarassing (and painful) if you whip out your expanable baton and the thug takes it from you and beats you with it :o

Saw a guy in Vancouver break up a mugging with a cell phone once. Two thugs had a guy on the ground, one holding him and the other going through his pockets.

Buddy ran up with his cell phone and asked if everything was alright, and should he call an ambulance (as though he thought the victim had been in an accident). The two thugs stopped what they were doing and ran off.

Dumbest thing about that was, we helped the guy get to the police station a block away. He tried to report the incident to the desk Sergeant, who told him he should use the payphone down the street to call 911 !!

Whatever happened to good ole battery acid, or a good squirt of ammonia from a fairy liquid bottle. No finness these days.

I find Mr Browning 9mm, or his 2 mates, Smith and Wesson do a pretty fair job :D shame I have to keep em in France, so its up to the ole baseball bat at home :o

but what if it is not strong enough for the chang and it gets really angry with you or even think all farangs are the same and get angry about them in the middle of pattaya?????

For the elephant I recommend you carry a few bananas with you. I should perfectly bribe the elephant.....