Domain And Hosting

stats

Hey guys,

I was thinking of registering a domain and web hosting for my web site.. as everybody know these couple of weeks ive been trying to creat a personal website...

Before i jump on to get the monthly payable web hosting and domain i would like to know if i register for a couple of domain name can it be host by only 1 web hosting ??? or if its 1 domain per 1 host ???

i was thinking to getting the 200 mb space from hostingbangkok.com

please need your guidance before i call the center...

thanx

tytus

hello,

it depends on host to host what they offer.

it is possible for a web host to allow multiple domains per account, but then if they allow one domain per account then ppl who need 2 sites like you would have to get 2 accounts which means more revenue for them.

i need to host 4 sites...so i got myself a reseller account where certain limitations are made to the resources and i can create as many accounts within them.

i doubt if hostingbangkok.com offers any resellers account.

i smell something fishy abt them...

for 2500/month they give unlimited webspace and bandwidth???

they have only a total of 56GB diskspace..(minus system files) then how can they offer unlimited web space?..

gotta get more info of them,,...maybe good for storing files.,...

there r much better offers around....

since i have a reseller account from www.lypha.com, i can give u a small package...

you can check other posts on webhosting here for more links...

Are you talking about this kind of setup?

www.forexample.com

and

www.forexample.net

...are both leading to the same website?

Normally you need a hosting package that allows you to host two domains. You just have to get your host to point both domains at the same IP address and it'll work. Just ask them, and it should be no problem. If it is a problem, you need a new host.

cv

Depends entirely on the host..

One of my hosts (1and1) allows multiple domains to multiple areas of the storage so I can point one site to /site1/index.htm and another site to /site2/index.htm and to the user all they see are 2 seperately hosted sites..

Pointing multiple domains to one site is usually much easier..

Most hosts allow you to host multiple domains. I can host unlimited domains for my clients on a single IP.

Also my nameservers (xxx.mydomain.com) are on the same IP as the hosting provider.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They do (if you had read their page carefully). They can sell 'unlimited space' and 'unlimited bandwidth' through either overselling (you count on the fact that your other clients don't use their whole allotment) or you limit it by 'acceptable use' in your terms and conditions.

Also they have high setup fees ... not really the norm today. If you're not satisfied you've already paid at least THB 1,000 (2.5 times the hosting fee).

To start you have to shell out at least THB 2,200 ..... (plus you're domain registration).

Edited by sniffdog

Thank you all you guys really have done a great job helping me out well as you see im still new and still trying to crawl here learning the basic of web hosting and creating.. and ok ill do more research and the reason im asking u guys is because i do not want to get ripped off by my first attemp to sign up for a host...

thank you again

You need a host with no set-up fees. Most reasonable hosts won't charge this.

Have a look at findmyhosting.com to search for hosts

I personally recommend http://webhostingbuzz.com/sharedwebhostingplans.html

You can get unlimited domains pointing to your account for $3/month with no setup fee, 1GB space and 25 MB of transfers. Support is also pretty good.

whatever host you decide, always do a search to find out what other people have to say about them. You may save yourself a lot of trouble.

Also, many people complain that 1and1.com isn't a great host. They also seem to have problems keeping their servers running. I know they're one of the largests hosts (if not the largest) but that doesn't mean much.

Most hosts allow you to host multiple domains. I can host unlimited domains for my clients on a single IP.

Also my nameservers (xxx.mydomain.com) are on the same IP as the hosting provider.

They do (if you had read their page carefully). They can sell 'unlimited space' and 'unlimited bandwidth' through either overselling (you count on the fact that your other clients don't use their whole allotment) or you limit it by 'acceptable use' in your terms and conditions.

Also they have high setup fees ... not really the norm today. If you're not satisfied you've already paid at least THB 1,000 (2.5 times the hosting fee).

To start you have to shell out at least THB 2,200 ..... (plus you're domain registration).

now upon revisiting the site, i did find the reellers link....they have data transfer limitations and webspace limitations for resellers.....

they offer virtual servers i guess...

i did see an unlimited package with unlimted webspace and bandwidth....but not sure if one could create sub accounts or host multiple domains....

i dont think any webhost is foolish enough to offer unlimited webspace n bandwidth and that too make it a resellers account....