Tea Bags

pattaya_girl

Heladiv made in Ceylon teabags on offer in Friendship a the moment. 100 bags for 139 baht.

I've been using these for a few years now. You need 2 teabags in a large 1 pint breakfast mug.

Funny but last time I returned from the U.K. I brought PG Tips with me but after a few days went back to my Heladiv teabags.

Heladiv made in Ceylon teabags on offer in Friendship a the moment. 100 bags for 139 baht.

I've been using these for a few years now. You need 2 teabags in a large 1 pint breakfast mug.

Funny but last time I returned from the U.K. I brought PG Tips with me but after a few days went back to my Heladiv teabags.

Thanks Syd - They sound reasonable, a good price. I will try those for sure.

It just a shame you need 2 bags though - the PG that I am using at the mo, one bag would make 2 pints no doubt, they are very strong.

I love Tea, my Day does not start until I have had two brews. :) I am addicted lol.

Someone told me to try the Tesco Lotus own brand of Tea Bags.

They said they were very nice and reasonably priced.

Has anyone on here ever tried them?

If you like PG tips, you can buy them at the shop just along the road from Carrfour. about 400 meters along Soi umea. Price wise it works out at 2.5 Baht a tea bag.

Also someone is advertising tetleys for 2 Baht a tea bag in the Pattaya mail.

I'm suprised the big supermarkets are not stocking more popular English tea's. Liptons is utter crap.

It just a shame you need 2 bags though - the PG that I am using at the mo, one bag would make 2 pints no doubt, they are very strong.

I agree, PG Tips are stronger, one bag was enough for a big mug but I still feel that Heladiv taste better.

One of these days I'll buy another teapot and go back to tea leaves (Twinings English Tea Leaves).

But tea bags are handy and quick in the morning! :)

Thankyou Denboy - Where exactly is the shop that sells the PG - I live very close to there.

What other things does the shop sell? it might help me find it.... Thanks in advance.

PG are my favourite as its my initials of course.. :) Pattaya_girl.

would also love to know exactly where this shop is...............would kill for some PG tea.

Thankyou Denboy - Where exactly is the shop that sells the PG - I live very close to there.

What other things does the shop sell? it might help me find it.... Thanks in advance.

would also love to know exactly where this shop is...............would kill for some PG tea.

Friendship Supermarket do sell PG Tips but they are 450 Baht approx for a small box.

PG are my favourite as its my initials of course.. :D Pattaya_girl.

Friendship Supermarket do sell PG Tips but they are 450 Baht approx for a small box.

when your desperate you'll do anything :) came back from UK in may and brought back with me 240 bags of PG for 3.25 pounds and now down to my last 50 bags.

syd barrett

re ..... Heladiv made in Ceylon teabags on offer in Friendship a the moment. 100 bags for 139 baht.

wow thats a good deal ..... the same box in rimping in chiang mai has been 165 baht for months and 100 liptons about 215 bht

enjoy the heladiv.

dave2

ps ... i tried tescos own once but they are too weak with no flavour

syd barrett

re ..... Heladiv made in Ceylon teabags on offer in Friendship a the moment. 100 bags for 139 baht.

wow thats a good deal ..... the same box in rimping in chiang mai has been 165 baht for months and 100 liptons about 215 bht

enjoy the heladiv.

dave2

ps ... i tried tescos own once but they are too weak with no flavour

Correction: Friendship Special Offer for Heladiv 100's Tea-Bags is 127 Baht.

PG Tips are 401 Baht per box.

I just returned from Friendship, and picked up box of the Heladiv 'English Breakfast' for 127 baht, as noted above. Indeed, I saw the PG Tips nearby at 401 for a box of 80.

Now, I will allow that, as an American, I may not be quite the tea gourmet that many from the UK can claim to be. Although, my grandmother was Boston Irish, and introduced me to the enjoyment of good tea at a very young age. Still, I ask you, how is it really possible for a cup of PG Tips to be worth 5 baht per cup; versus a mere 1.3 baht for a cup of Heladiv?

The Heladiv tastes quite good to me. I find it a bit of an improvement on the Dilmah that I've just finished. Both certainly top Lipton. But, to be fair, I haven't tasted PG Tips. And, at 5 baht per tea bag, I'm not likely to. :-) Is PG Tips one of those "paying for the name" items that exist in many areas?

By the way, my granny always used Tetley back in the day; and wouldn't touch Lipton. Haven't see Tetley here. How do you UK guys rate that brand?

I just returned from Friendship, and picked up box of the Heladiv 'English Breakfast' for 127 baht, as noted above. Indeed, I saw the PG Tips nearby at 401 for a box of 80.

Now, I will allow that, as an American, I may not be quite the tea gourmet that many from the UK can claim to be. Although, my grandmother was Boston Irish, and introduced me to the enjoyment of good tea at a very young age. Still, I ask you, how is it really possible for a cup of PG Tips to be worth 5 baht per cup; versus a mere 1.3 baht for a cup of Heladiv?

The Heladiv tastes quite good to me. I find it a bit of an improvement on the Dilmah that I've just finished. Both certainly top Lipton. But, to be fair, I haven't tasted PG Tips. And, at 5 baht per tea bag, I'm not likely to. :-) Is PG Tips one of those "paying for the name" items that exist in many areas?

By the way, my granny always used Tetley back in the day; and wouldn't touch Lipton. Haven't see Tetley here. How do you UK guys rate that brand?

The PG tip tea bags are twice as strong and make 2 good cups or one big mug of strong tea. The Heladiv tea bags are strictly for one small cup of tea so I use two bags in a pint sized mug, and in my opinion it's a great tasting cuppa.

Tetley Tea bags are available in Pattaya, somewhere. The 'Small Wonder' cafe provides a Tetley tea bag with its English Breakfast.

I think the best English Tea bags are 'Yorkshire Tea Gold' but last time I was in the U.K. I didn't find them.

Twinings English Breakfast tea (leaves) take some beating. It all depends on how you like your tea. I like a strong cuppa, even a Assam tealeaf is to my taste but I suppose that is why there are so many different blends.

The shop selling PG tips.

From the traffice lights next to Carrefur.You drive or walk along Soi Umea, continue about 300 meters past Carffour premises. On the left you will come to a very wide entrance on your left. As you turn you will be able to see a blue and white shop front over on the right hand side. I think the name is KP. They stock loads of English goodies and top of the range meats/fish etc. Their pies are delicious along with thier mushy peas and bisto gravy.

There is loads of parking space, the close Sundays.

Good hunting

The shop selling PG tips.

From the traffice lights next to Carrefur.You drive or walk along Soi Umea, continue about 300 meters past Carffour premises. On the left you will come to a very wide entrance on your left. As you turn you will be able to see a blue and white shop front over on the right hand side. I think the name is KP. They stock loads of English goodies and top of the range meats/fish etc. Their pies are delicious along with thier mushy peas and bisto gravy.

There is loads of parking space, the close Sundays.

Good hunting

KPK food services.

Wow, thankyou very much for this info, I know the shop I think. I use to buy crates of Coke from there. I will check them out, and also the Pies, I think Syd will also be interested as he loves Food. :)

KPK, Pattaya Klang Plaza, left hand side on Soi Yume, and the shop is on the right - they also have "spotted dick" in a can and loads of other English goodies! Yes, their pies are good and also the apple crumble tarts and rhubarb tarts.

Wow, thankyou very much for this info, I know the shop I think. I use to buy crates of Coke from there. I will check them out, and also the Pies, I think Syd will also be interested as he loves Food. :D

KPK, Pattaya Klang Plaza, left hand side on Soi Yume, and the shop is on the right - they also have "spotted dick" in a can and loads of other English goodies! Yes, their pies are good and also the apple crumble tarts and rhubarb tarts.

Wow. I have lived very very close to this Shop for over 8 Years, and never knew they stocked all these foods..

Thank goodness for Thaivisa.com, else i would never have known. :)

Thai Visa rocks !!!

Someone told me to try the Tesco Lotus own brand of Tea Bags.

They said they were very nice and reasonably priced.

Has anyone on here ever tried them?

If you like PG tips, you can buy them at the shop just along the road from Carrfour. about 400 meters along Soi umea. Price wise it works out at 2.5 Baht a tea bag.

Also someone is advertising tetleys for 2 Baht a tea bag in the Pattaya mail.

I'm suprised the big supermarkets are not stocking more popular English tea's. Liptons is utter crap.

I just got back from this shop - PG Tips box of 80 for 399 bt.. :)

I am going to give it a miss.

I will try Tesco Lotus.

Prices of some tea bags in Thailand are ridiculous and I pity the prices some of you have to pay for a cup of your choice, have just added this thread to favourites on my PC, when I return to Pattaya in November I normally have an empty suitcase which I will gladly fill up in the UK with tea bags and let you thirsty lot have them at UK cost price....

Anyone know the limits Thai customs put on Tetley or PG Tips tea bags, can imagine the headlines in the Bangkok Post or The Nation,

"UK Man Arrested At Airport For Smuggling Tea Bags"

The lengths we will go to for a decent Cuppa !!! hahaha

You only get an oo with Typhoo :)

I will report back when I try the Tesco ones soon.

As a HUGE tea lover/drinker I feel your pain at not getting a good cuppa.

If the Tesco ones aren't up to much I'm coming over in a few weeks and can bring some good bags over for you. My local Tescos here in the UK has 320 PG Pyramid bags(2 boxes X 160) for £5 at the moment.

Just let me know.

I saw PG tips tea bags in the Supermarket of the new Central store yesterday, box of 40, just over 200 baht.

It seems that the general price of PG Tips in Pattaya is 80 bags for 400 baht/40 bags for 200 baht.

I still recommend Heladiv English breakfast tea from Ceylon/Sri Lanka and reasonably priced.