R/c Club

mr.buffalo

Any TV member know where the r/c plane club is situated?

Thanks.

On my travels on the Darkside I passed a R/C plane shop with a huge field, lots of people playing with their toys. At top end of soi khao noi, in between the red lion pub and the temple on the corner you will see the small shop with bars on the window and lot of models hanging up. I've never been into that kind of thing but I've got to say that those planes move like hel_l. Would like to give it a try now that I don't anything to do all day. Is it difficult to pick up?

I've never played with them myself but have got 2 in England. One can be flown as it is ready built and the other one ( a spitfire ) is 3 bin liners waiting to be assembled, a somewhat large project.

There is such a thing as buddy controls where the two control boxes are linked together, so that is a good way to learn as the beginner ( me ) and the experienced chap are linked so he can take over as the plane nose dives. Not sure if they have the link at that club but expect they have. That is what I would like to try.

Now this is an R/C plane I would love to have!!

There are actually a fair few of jet powered R/C planes in Thailand. Not sure where they fly at the moment, but have seen them at Pattaya Airpark (close to Phoenix golf).

As far as local fields go, the one mentioned above in Soi Khao Noi seems to be busy, Pattaya flying club also used to have some (not sure now though).

Another place which used to be busy with R/C pilots is Chonburi Flying Club (the former CMT), in SriRacha, Bang Phra, about 30 k's outside of Pattaya on the 7 highway to Bkk. Used to have a lot of R/C heli's there.

Thailand actually has a manufacturer of jet engines for R/C planes!

http://www.pstjets.com/

• 3 weeks later...
Did a search for the topic and found the thread I thought I had seen before with all the info. So this topic is redundant ( like me ) I expect.

At least the thread search was done as an after thought, just wish more people would do a thread/topic search before posting new topics, forum etiquette me thinks and it saves forum members from reading the same same continuously. :)

Edited by MB1