1 teaspoon finely chopped celery

OR

1/4 teaspoon celery salt

salt to taste

Easy really :D

Yours truly,

Kan Win :D

Horseradish???? CRAZY Wasbi!!!! <deleted>

mayo first then tomatoe sauce until you get the right colour then Worcestershire then lemon

mayo 1 cup, tomatoe sauce 3 tablespoons, Worcestershire to taste [ a few drops], a dash of lemon.

Without lemon this sauce will keep for a long time in the fridge, with lemon only a couple of days

Hmmm I'm english, never heard of mayo style. :D

I'm Aussie, never heard of it that way either, back home only heard of it as doggie style.

Kiwis, being different I believe call it sheep style. BYO gum boots.

But if you want the proper shrimp (notice there is a P in there) sauce as served in my restaurant " The Oyster Bar" in Cairns about 30 yrs. ago the real deal is ..............Mayo (Kraft), tomato sauce (Heinz), Worcestershire (Lea & Perrins), Tabasco and a bit of soy (Kikoman) to darken it and substitute for salt. The lemon juice is squeezed onto the shrimp / oysters / raw fish, at time of serving, do not include it into the sauce, it will self destruct on contact. Measures to suit your taste but try 5 - 1 - 1/2 + drops and dashes of the rest.

Good luck and if it causes your demise we'll try another recipe. Don't worry She'll be right mate :):D

Horseradish or wasabi in cocktail sauce, I have never heard of that. it sounds horrible.

fresh grated horseradish maybe though!

You'll find Americans make their cocktail sauce with horseraddish. I've seen it myself in the states. Actually, it's quite good.

To make a great European version:

Mayonaise

Ketchup

Lemon or lime juice

Worceter sauce

Good shot of cognac or Thai whiskey

Tabasco

Salt and Pepper

Edited by russianrobert

Horseradish or wasabi in cocktail sauce, I have never heard of that. it sounds horrible.

fresh grated horseradish maybe though!

Dunno.. I actually thought hmmm, might need to try that.. They both would give it some kick even if a bit unusual.

Then again I dont like cocktail sauce much !!

It appears we are talking about 2 different sauces with the same name. Shrimp cocktail sauce in the US is made from ketchup and horseradish. Since wasabi is sometimes refered to as Japanese horsradish I make my US style coctail sauce in Phuket using wasabi as it is readily available. Use it sparingly and add more to taste. Dip a piece of bread in it and taste. If you have never tried it you might be surprised. It goes well on shimp and crab too. Also a fish fillet sand wedge with cocktail sauce is very tasty.

P