Order Books?

stevo

Anyone order books from the likes of Amazon.com or any place else.. I am looking for a resource with a large selection of the current releases.. that WILL ship to Thailand.

It doesn't look like Amazon will, or at least ship the used books..

The Quest continues..

Have you tried Kinokuniya in Siam Paragon?

It is by far the biggest and most well stocked bookstore I have ever found in Thailand.

I wanted to buy about 6 recent releases and went on line to Asia Book store, who had some, but not all my requirements. But their website and ordering procedures were a night mare.

Then I tried Kinokuniya web site. Very user friendly, and they had every item in stock at Siam Paragon. (Note none of them were at their Emporium branch - The paragon store is much bigger.)

Kinokuniya will deliver, but they will also hold the books for you for 10 days and give you a reference number.

They will also order for you, if not in stock.

I duly drove to Bangkok, got on the BTS which goes straight to the store entrance, and picked up the books - worked like clockwork.

Give it a try :)

Edited by Mobi

Barnes & Noble does.

I've used them because I have my frequent-flyer miles with Continental, and my purchases get me miles.

It's not that the mileage credits are great, but rather it keeps my account running: if there's no ff activity for 18 months they zap your miles.

• 1 month later...

Hi Stevo

I noticed that you are in Bangkok & mentioned second hand books --- have you looked at Dasa Book Cafe.

It is on Sukhumvit Road between Soi 26 & 28, across the street from Tops Market & Miracle Mall. Three floors of books -- do go upstairs ..... very well worth the effort.

There is also another shop almost opposite ....