Which Condo Is Safe For Parking New Car?

Cobrabiker

I intend to rent a condo and buy a new car in Pattaya, and was wondering whether it is safe to park the car in condo if left unattended for 2 to 3 months due to travelling sometimes. And which condo is safe for parking car? I am looking at Jomtien Beach Condo, any advice?

I intend to rent a condo and buy a new car in Pattaya, and was wondering whether it is safe to park the car in condo if left unattended for 2 to 3 months due to travelling sometimes. And which condo is safe for parking car? I am looking at Jomtien Beach Condo, any advice?

I have owned a condo in Jomtien Beach Condos for two years. I feel they have EXCELLENT security... I have never hear of anyone having anything stolen other than the ocassional motorcycle helmet that someone has left on their bike (my girlfriend lost a new one). I feel very secure here.

I also have a friend who works in Arab Emerites and his wife visits him for a month or two at a time and they have never had any problem with their car. I would suggest you have someone keep the keys and drive it ocassionally to keep the system topped up. That way you aren't parked in the same spot all the time.

Edited by rmicheald

I also live in Jomtien Beach Condo .They have covered parking which is good for long term parking .I am here 5 years and have often gone away for months and my car and motorcycle have not been touched .

I think the next 5 years will not be the same as the last 5.

I also own a condo at JBC and there is a multi story car park, if anything I believe the issue is there are a few cars and bikes that have been there for years and nobody knows who owns them, I too believe the security is good, I do not drive so never had to worry about a car but last time I was over I seem to recall talk of parking permits, probable one per unit so best to check before renting just in case the owner is using the parking permit himself.

If you are going to leave a car there for some time, best let the office know and get a dust cover for it.

I also own a condo at JBC and there is a multi story car park, if anything I believe the issue is there are a few cars and bikes that have been there for years and nobody knows who owns them, I too believe the security is good, I do not drive so never had to worry about a car but last time I was over I seem to recall talk of parking permits, probable one per unit so best to check before renting just in case the owner is using the parking permit himself.

If you are going to leave a car there for some time, best let the office know and get a dust cover for it.

Yes you now need a parking permit to show on your windscreen at JBC.One given per Condo unit .If just a visitor to JBC you have to surrender your ID at the entrance gate .

So JBC is a good choice? well I don't have anybody to drive, that is why I need to know a safe condo to park for few months untouch and will not be stolen, and it is hard to trust the thais. My friend had a bad experience to entrust it to a thai, because when he return, the car was crushed so badly that he had to write it off.

I also know that it is not advisable to tell anybody, including the security guard that you will be away and ask them to keep an eye on the car, because you are inviting them to steal. So, not a high end car, just a Honda city. And also, does insurance cover for theft in Thailand?

Who would steal a Honda City?

Easy to say, do you have car? Toyota and Honda are the most stolen brands, even motorcycle they also steal, have you seen cars suspended on bricks with no wheels? Next time don't talk big!! Have some knowledge on the subject or do some research before posting stupid question like this!

http://www.kctv5.com/news/17404740/detail.html

Thanks for the input, besides JBC, any other condo which is safe to park for a few months while away?

I have a condo in View Talay, Bldg A and people leave their cars for extended periods and I have not heard of any thefts or vandalism.

I'm in View Talay Residence 3 and some people leave their cars here long term without a theft problem. Definitely would need a cover though as with the construction (destruction?) work on the extension to Thappraya Road to make a Jomtien 2nd Road the dust is horrendous.

My wife is paranoid about leaving our new car (Toyota Altis) almost anywhere, even for an hour or so. As if some hoist truck is going to come pick it up and steal it? Car theft can't be that severe here, can it?

The problem is the law is not strict on theft, and they are too many workers here in pattaya from other provinces looking for quick bucks, and police got no time to go around looking for your car, they are just too busy stoping vehicles and collecting fines. :) So if your car is stolen, the police will take your statement and put it in the drawer, case closed.

Cars with remote alarm is just as easy to steal, a pro will use a frequency scanner to scan for the right one and pop, the car is unlock, no alarm sounding, and the next time you see your car might be in other province or the neighbouring countries, of course with a different engine number.

If you are going to park your car for a while, turn your steering wheel until it is lock, if for overnight, better go with a steering lock, a rod connecting the steering wheel to the brake. You may also want to add on a gear box lock, for auto transmission.

This will help but not 100%, at least it deters theft rather than inviting. Always be safe than sorry! In this Land OF Smile!! So if your are not careful, you will make them smiling all the way to the bank!! :D

Edited by Cobrabiker

Not in Jomtien but we left our new Honda parked for 2 years in our condo carpark in BKK. Disconnected the battery and put a car cover over it and started it every three months on my wifes return from overseas for visa reasons. Honda service were always there within 15 minutes to start it for us free of charge and never had any problems with interence or damage. Great to come back and have your own car to hop into.

what a great idea

rent a condo for 1 month then that will entitle me to leave my car for 12 month in that block right???

when i head back to my home land.

now if every one done that what would happen.

the places would be fiully of canopy type car's taking up all the space instead of accomadating regulars that live in these condo's.

get rid of free loaders.

if you buy no problems, car can stay in your allocated space.

but if you rent your car goes when you go.

My wife is paranoid about leaving our new car (Toyota Altis) almost anywhere, even for an hour or so. As if some hoist truck is going to come pick it up and steal it? Car theft can't be that severe here, can it?

The problem is the law is not strict on theft, and they are too many workers here in pattaya from other provinces looking for quick bucks, and police got no time to go around looking for your car, they are just too busy stoping vehicles and collecting fines. :) So if your car is stolen, the police will take your statement and put it in the drawer, case closed.

Cars with remote alarm is just as easy to steal, a pro will use a frequency scanner to scan for the right one and pop, the car is unlock, no alarm sounding, and the next time you see your car might be in other province or the neighbouring countries, of course with a different engine number.

If you are going to park your car for a while, turn your steering wheel until it is lock, if for overnight, better go with a steering lock, a rod connecting the steering wheel to the brake. You may also want to add on a gear box lock, for auto transmission.

This will help but not 100%, at least it deters theft rather than inviting. Always be safe than sorry! In this Land OF Smile!! So if your are not careful, you will make them smiling all the way to the bank!! :D

Cobrabiker wrote: "Cars with remote alarm is just as easy to steal, a pro will use a frequency scanner to scan for the right one and pop, the car is unlock, no alarm sounding, and the next time you see your car might be in other province or the neighbouring countries, of course with a different engine number".

What a load of Bull S***, virtually all key fobs use the same frequency it's the code they send that is Unique, I think I am safe in saying all new cars use "Code Hopping Technology" that sends a different code each time based on a non-linear encryption algorithm that creates a unique transmission on every use, rendering code capture and resend schemes useless.

Also many cars have an RFID transponder in the ignition key which is read by a coil around the ignition switch that is incorporated in the engine management system, without the correct transponder you can not start the car.

Here in the UK since such technology has been used car thefts have drastically reduced, most at risk are older cars without the new technology, the most common way to steel a new car is to first brake into the owners home and steel his keys or for upmarket cars there is an elaborate scheme of fooling car dealers in to supplying duplicate keys.

Thanks Basil B for your comments. I agreed with you that simple older days alarms are easier to hack, as for modern day's alarms, it is still possible, this will be done by the pro!! The professional, car theft syndicate are tech savvy, major in electronics, even though encrypted, not impossible though. Tell me how are the high end cars stolen, even though they have modern day's high tech alarm. There is always someone out there to crack their brains to counter the problem.

Anything transmitted out in the air is not 100% safe, wifi encrypted with wep can be hacked easily, with wpa, even though harder but still possible!! Likewise mobile phone can be tapped, so if your car is not stolen yet, does not mean your modern days' alarm is doing the job right, it is that you haven't met a pro yet!! :)