Bringing Gf To Canada For A Visit

Hi

I would like to bring my GF back to canada with me for a couple weeks to visit family etc. I here that canada is one of the hardest to do this.

Any canadians successfully brought their GF back to canada for a short visit? What was required? Any helpful information would be greatly appreciated.

We have lived together in Chiang Mai for about a year. Thanks

Brian

Hi

I would like to bring my GF back to canada with me for a couple weeks to visit family etc. I here that canada is one of the hardest to do this.

Any canadians successfully brought their GF back to canada for a short visit? What was required? Any helpful information would be greatly appreciated.

We have lived together in Chiang Mai for about a year. Thanks

Brian

You are correct about it being difficult. A couple of things if you have may help them decide she is an acceptable risk.

1. Is she employed?

2. Does she have family (kids)?

Essentially they look for things to mitigate the risk of her not returning to Thailand.

Good luck.

DOne it. Wasnt too difficult actually.

It depends on what you, what she does, how much you have in the bank, how much she has in the bank.

- invitation letter to visit Canada, from you, or your family or friends.

- maybe a letter telling the embassy how long you have known each other.

- letter of employment from her work, yours too.

- bank book

- itinerarry for her visit. Mine said she will be in TO, visiting with me and my family. All expenses, lodging, food, medical will be covered by me.

No interview required, Got the Visa the next day.

After we got married.

- letter from me saying I wanted to go back on holiday with my wife.

Got visa the same day we submited our application.

My wife has been to Canada 3 times now. First time she was my GF and the last 2 times as my wife. There were no problems at all to get any of the 3 visas. We just got another visa for her to Canada last month. Were going there for xmas this year. These are the documents she needed:

1. Application ( you can get it online)

2. Family declaration Form ( you can get it online)

3. Her ID, Passport, and Address Book

4. Her Proof of her Employment, if she owns a business then she needs the business registration or if employed a letter from her employer staing her position and salary.

5. Her Proof of funds ( this is the most important, she need a bank book(s) with usual deposits for at least 6 months or more. No one lump deposit. She should also have a some savings in her account too. If she dosen't have this she probably won't get her visa.

6. Copy of flight details, all you need is an email from a travel agent with the flight details. No need to pay for the flight till she got the visa.

7. Your passport

8. Your Proof of address in Thailand and employment if employed. They want details where you live. If you live in Thailand and works here that means you will come back and so will she. But if you a tourist here they will really worry that she won't come back to Thailand and there is a good chance they won't grant her a visa.

9. Where you both will be staying in Canada.

10. If you will financially suport her while on the trip you will need your proof of funds. I would call the embassy first and ask them regarding this. I never had to show my funds so I'm not 100% sure about this.

11. A letter saying you will take care of her while she is in Canada.

12. A letter how you know each other. not usually needed but bring it anyways.

That should do it. Make sure you bring both real documents and copied ones with you. Sign and date every copied document. They want to see the real documents before taking any of the copies. It only takes 1 day to get the visa. Hope this helps. Cheers

Edited by rhino533

Forgot to add. the lady handling visa applications can be difficult, rude and abrupt.

Lol everyone I know who have applied for a visa says this.....and I agree.

I have to agree, My wife and I are lucky to be on her good side but I have seen people in tears after talking to her. She is right to the point and won't be nice if you don't have all your documents. She dosen't like to many questions. Beware!!!!!