"bb" Gun

jimmi

Udon...I brought over my slingshots when I moved here in 2002. No problems, just packed them into my suitcase along with several replacement bands. I have two Trumark slingshots, one or two Marksman ones, and a simple wooden one made for me be a woodworker in CO many years ago. The Marksman or Trumark slingshots can be bought here in Bangkok I believe having seen one in a sporting goods shop downtown when I first moved here. The shop is on the same street where all the gun shops are. Of course, expect to pay A LOT more than you would in the US due to import taxes...a $10 slingshot over there would run you about $25 (1,000 baht) here. They also sell the steel ball bearnings for ammo but you can find rocks and lead sinkers just about anywhere. Marbles are also a good bet (the round ones). The little wooden things they sell here for 10 baht or so are more of a novelty I think...not very powerful and may easily break when you pull the pouch back. More for the kiddies I would say. :o

ThaiBoxer caught you masturbating over weaponry again, so the truth will always out you do have a collection of knives knuckle dusters slingshot and bb guns don't you?, Do you dress up in combat gear and play rambo?

are you a member of the NRA?

What truth Toasty? I am not a member of the NRA (never have been). I don't have a collection of knuckle dusters, knives and stuff and I don't own a BB gun. I do have some slingshots. You obviously didn't read the answer I provided to your question on the "knuckle dusters, CS spray" thread.

I don't dress up in combat gear and play Rambo either...but I suppose you do which is why you keep bringing the subject up. I'm not the only one on this forum that knows about weapons but you seem to have an interest in me...please tell me you aren't at home playing with yourself while reading my posts! :o

It's OK little Toasty...you can come out of the closet now and share your fear of the big bad right-wing Americans you keep ranting about. Maybe you can start your own support group for folks suffering from the same condition..I've got it; PA..Paranoids Anonymous. You can be the chairperson at all the weekly meetings. Meanwhile, I'll go start my own support group for people being stalked by gun-hating, 2nd Ammendment bashing farangs on the internet. Now we're in the same boat.

Another thing Toasty...If I ever do go "postal", turn into a right-wing freak and start stockpiling machine guns and missiles to use against the government, will you join me for the new revolution? I bet you would!! :o

Edited by Thaiboxer

Udon...I brought over my slingshots when I moved here in 2002. No problems,  taxes...a $10 slingshot over there would run you about $25 (1,000 baht) here. They also sell the steel ball bearnings for ammo but you can find rocks and lead sinkers just about anywhere. Marbles are also a good bet (the round ones). The little wooden things they sell here for 10 baht or so are more of a novelty I think...not very powerful and may easily break when you pull the pouch back. More for the kiddies I would say. :D

TB ... Thanks for the heads-up.

1000b is ok if it gets rid of soi dogs, hit them onthe rump and they will remember and no perm harm done. :o

Can I buy you a beer when I get back.... eventually to find out the full addresss of seller or sellers?

Is it the area adjacent to Chinatown?

TB ... Thanks for the heads-up.

1000b is ok if it gets rid of soi dogs, hit them onthe rump and they will remember and no perm harm done.

Can I buy you a beer when I get back.... eventually to find out the full addresss of seller or sellers?

Is it the area adjacent to Chinatown?

Thanks for the beer offer Udon...except I don't drink alcohol. A cold Lemon flavored Lipton would be nice.

I believe the street with all the gun shops is adjacent to Chinatown (Yaoworat). The shops are part of a mall area called The Old Siam... a big square consisting of several shops (including the outdoor goods and gun shops). There are four streets on each side but I'm not sure which one of the four has the shops...it might be the one called "Seuabpa" or "Wood Tiger" in English. Just head downtown to The Old Siam and you'll find them within minutes.

If you want a wristrocket for soi dogs and you don't want to do any permanent damage, you might consider something like peach pits or those big seeds growing on queen palms. They'll sting but won't be as bad as hitting them with steel ball bearings or rocks. Good luck!

• 2 years later...

hello...

Suppose you got residence, what happens next? If any of you knows where to find the gun license and gun control regulations in black and white, plse point it out to me, whether online or on paper. Thank you

Your Thai wife can get a gun permit and then buy a gun.Ask the gun shops for the proper procedure.Do not pay someone to do the paperwork for you(that will be a scam).My wife and I did that about 4 yrs. ago.We got a 12 gauge magnum,Remington pump.Easy for the wife to handle,and you don't need to aim too much.

Why not?

If a crazed Jack Nicholson tried to chop down my door with an axe one of my beautiful Italian-made stainless steel Beretta 92FS's in my hand will deliver a 9mm hollowpoint double tap to his chest then a 9mm hollowpoint double tap to his head when he's down.

The axe is in my past, why won't people let me move on?

Not so difficult if you are a local or permanent resident. 

:o

Heng, is that what you think, or is that what you know from experience?

In my experience, it is not easy at all for any farang to get a pistol license...

Well, there aren't hordes of falangs at my shooting range (Ramintra 17, Soi Ladplakao), but there are indeed two, both permanent residents and they acquired firearms at the same time as the other newbie shooter classmates (Thai) going through the same steps.

... I'd imagine the most difficult step would be getting permanent residency in the first place.

:D

Heng

Two Qs here:

--  I have two .177 air guns, non-CO2:

-  a Slavia rifle mod 631, break barrel cocking

-  a Crossman pistol mod C1377, pump up style

Neither one works, do you think the folks down at "your range" might be able to fix them?  I've downloaded the manuals for them.

--  Are these non-CO2 "guns" legal here WITHOUT a permit?

Thanks.

Mac

I assume that this thread is for North Americans - who else would be slavering over guns, knives and catapults, when there's all that beer and nooky waiting for you?

But Hump Free,

Is that an UZI in the hands of your avatar? Terribly un-PC for someone in Saudi....H&K MP5 A3, old chap.

McG

Not so difficult if you are a local or permanent resident. 

Heng, is that what you think, or is that what you know from experience?

In my experience, it is not easy at all for any farang to get a pistol license...

Well, there aren't hordes of falangs at my shooting range (Ramintra 17, Soi Ladplakao), but there are indeed two, both permanent residents and they acquired firearms at the same time as the other newbie shooter classmates (Thai) going through the same steps.

... I'd imagine the most difficult step would be getting permanent residency in the first place.

Heng

Two Qs here:

--  I have two .177 air guns, non-CO2:

-  a Slavia rifle mod 631, break barrel cocking

-  a Crossman pistol mod C1377, pump up style

Neither one works, do you think the folks down at "your range" might be able to fix them?  I've downloaded the manuals for them.

--  Are these non-CO2 "guns" legal here WITHOUT a permit?

Thanks.

Mac

Yeah, maybe they could.

And yes, they are illegal.

I don't know about the legality, but Classic Army, a manufacturer of some higher end Airsoft electric rifles (AEGs) has a distributor listed in Bangkok. You can't hunt small game with these but they are good for small varmint behavior modification purposes.

There is several gaming fields in Bangkok and a few stores. As we aren't allowed to link anything, google is our friend.

However, non-withstanding the view from our longtime resident asian a bit up, from what I've been told the weapons themselfs don't require any license - they are (as someone mentioned) seen as toys. They DO however require Import-permit if you intent to sell it. But so does food, flower and most anything here...

The prices as I saw is fairly decent throughout Bangkok atleast.

There may be some that are seen and classed as toys, although I'm not sure what specifications would designate them as such. The air guns used for competition (I'm not involved in such competitions, but these folks practice at the same gun ranges I do) do indeed require licenses though.

If you want a wristrocket for soi dogs and you don't want to do any permanent damage, you might consider something like peach pits or those big seeds growing on queen palms. They'll sting but won't be as bad as hitting them with steel ball bearings or rocks. Good luck!

Can you buy wrist rockets in chiang mai ?

The border market at Mae Sot is a trove of BB guns, crossbows and catapults + more besides. I'm not an expert in this kind of thing, so maybe someone else who's been there could comment.

I go there every 90 days and have never seen wrist rockets or pellet guns or bb guns except for the ones that fire the plastic bb's. They sell the pellets and bb's but i asked about the guns and was told no have.

There may be some that are seen and classed as toys, although I'm not sure what specifications would designate them as such. The air guns used for competition (I'm not involved in such competitions, but these folks practice at the same gun ranges I do) do indeed require licenses though.

That might be, I was refering to the airsoft ("plastic BBs") guns. But if you have the law that defines what a weapon is that falls under the law it would help greatly. Not so easy finding proper info always.

In the U.K airguns with a power of up to 12fps are allowed without license. Above this and you have to apply for a firearms license. I wonder if there is something similar here with a lower limit perhaps.

Jake

Anybody know a good quality place to buy some air guns in Bangkok? I am okay with the plastic bullet thing just that it must be good quality and feels good.

Edited by stanny

Thanks Ajarn,

This was exactly what I was hoping for. This BB Gun sells at Wal-Mart for $45.00. I guess that's about 1800 Baht. It is a child's beginners BB Gun. Not very powerful, but enough to give the midnight howlers :D and front yard land mine laying dogs :D a little incentive :D . I read your paintball thread. What would you recommend calling this thing on the shipping forms? Air Gun (permit for child's toy?), sports equipment, none of the above :o ?

Thanks again for your help.

I believe the correct term for a paintball gun is a "marker". Just google it.

Now, if only I'd thought of getting one of those things when I was town house living in BKK. I can just see the bewildered look on the locals faces when packs of mangy multi coloured soi dogs are running about the place yelping & whining :D

NEXT TIME !!!

• 3 years later...

Udon...I brought over my slingshots when I moved here in 2002. No problems, just packed them into my suitcase along with several replacement bands. I have two Trumark slingshots, one or two Marksman ones, and a simple wooden one made for me be a woodworker in CO many years ago. The Marksman or Trumark slingshots can be bought here in Bangkok I believe having seen one in a sporting goods shop downtown when I first moved here. The shop is on the same street where all the gun shops are. Of course, expect to pay A LOT more than you would in the US due to import taxes...a $10 slingshot over there would run you about $25 (1,000 baht) here. They also sell the steel ball bearnings for ammo but you can find rocks and lead sinkers just about anywhere. Marbles are also a good bet (the round ones). The little wooden things they sell here for 10 baht or so are more of a novelty I think...not very powerful and may easily break when you pull the pouch back. More for the kiddies I would say. :o

i have a little bit of gold flat and round black Theraband i can spare if interested, up in chiang mai. A few beers on Loi Kroh would be the price.