Haircut In Pattaya

zoddydc

Alright I heard the rumors that Asians had a difficult time cutting Foreign hair and after the last 3 haircuts I happen to believe it. I still thankfully have a lot of hair but it is fine hair so it can be a little more difficult. So I go to these places that I think look good but they just start hacking away like it was their first day in hair dress school.

I want to know in pattaya is there some good places to get a haircut for a foreign person where I dont feel like I was hair violated when I leave the salon. My hair is fine and a bad hair cut can be brutal:)

Thanks

Had a few bad experiences myself around Pattaya, including one on Pattaya Tai where the hairdresser screwed her nose up and put on a face mask before cutting (she was cutting Thai males hair without a mask). Made it quite obvious that my farang money was not welcome. Should have walked away but was too lazy and at the place I popped my head in before just down the street there were about 8 of them sitting in a circle on the floor eating their tom yum whatever. Sorry, we eat. You come backee.

Anyway, next time wifey drags me along to a place in the soi on the left side of the Tukcom building in Pattaya Tai about 50 metres up on the left. Nice, clean, polite, airconditioned and a good haircut. 200 baht. From memory I thing it was called Hair 2 Hair. Ask for Faye - she speaks pretty good English too.

Had a few bad experiences myself around Pattaya, including one on Pattaya Tai where the hairdresser screwed her nose up and put on a face mask before cutting (she was cutting Thai males hair without a mask)

In Pattaya she has probably got sick and tired of being gassed by unwashed farang with revolting B.O. and sour beer breath.

I usually go to a couple of places on Soi Buckhaw, priced 60 baht or 80 baht for a nice short back and sides. Just wander up and down and look for the totem pole outside.

Not quite sure if you are looking for a salon or barbershop but if a real barbershop, there is a nice one on Central Road just up a few doors 2nd Road. If you are standing at the intersection of 2nd and Central facing up towards Sukhumvit, it's on the right-hand side about 20-30 meters from the corner (across from the Thai fruit market area). Great cuts and price of B 100 (despite that the sign says B125).

Been going there for years...nice girls and guy cutters, clean, and aircon.

You should try my TGFs saloon .She is a trained hairdresser ,and cuts many falang .Its called Mays .Go down soi Buakhao from Pattaya central road ,and its the second hairdressers 100 meters down on the left .She usually has her yellow honda wave parked directly outside .Cost 150 baht .Her name is May and she is there mon to friday 9am to 6 pm .Sometimes Saturday also .

Edited by Thaifan2

Had a few bad experiences myself around Pattaya, including one on Pattaya Tai where the hairdresser screwed her nose up and put on a face mask before cutting (she was cutting Thai males hair without a mask)

In Pattaya she has probably got sick and tired of being gassed by unwashed farang with revolting B.O. and sour beer breath.

I usually go to a couple of places on Soi Buckhaw, priced 60 baht or 80 baht for a nice short back and sides. Just wander up and down and look for the totem pole outside.

I use one about 5 shops away from the small market on the same side of the road do not talk much English but used by a lot of farangs 60B

I use one about 5 shops away from the small market on the same side of the road do not talk much English but used by a lot of farangs 60B

I have used that one quite a lot for 60 baht, but decided recently to use the 80 baht shop because it is more hygienic. (Corner of Soi Honey and Soi Buckhaw).

I go to my regular aging queen on the street of barbers near the old Hollwood disco. I just say same same and it turns out OK. The charge is 60 baht but I give 100, am I ruining a good thing for the other expats?

Edited by Jingthing

BTW, I know what the OP is talking about. It really can be difficult to find a hair cutter that works for you in Thailand. I had the same problem in the US, trying many and then finding someone I stick with. BTW, I tried many, and many more expensive ones, before finding my 60 baht guy. Spending more doesn't necessarily mean you get what you want. Probably my worse haircut in Thailand was also the most I spent here, at Cutey and Beauty in Bangkok, very frou frou, crappy cut.

Edited by Jingthing

My Thai Partner goes to a Thai Barbers shop right at the side of Carefore.

Wet shave, nose hairs and Haircut for 60 bt.. and he always comes home looking as handsome as ever.

I get nose and eyebrows and ear hairs done as well for 80 baht. Do I win a prize?

Edited by syd barrett

My Thai Partner goes to a Thai Barbers shop right at the side of Carefore.

Wet shave, nose hairs and Haircut for 60 bt.. and he always comes home looking as handsome as ever.

I get nose and eyebrows and ear hairs done as well for 80 baht. Do I win a prize?

That's a bargain - well done Syd.

It might be 60 bt for my Partner coz he does not have any hairs inside his Ears yet, he is to young :)

So I shall tell him, when he goes older, the price may rise.

Alright I heard the rumors that Asians had a difficult time cutting Foreign hair and after the last 3 haircuts I happen to believe it. I still thankfully have a lot of hair but it is fine hair so it can be a little more difficult. So I go to these places that I think look good but they just start hacking away like it was their first day in hair dress school.

I want to know in pattaya is there some good places to get a haircut for a foreign person where I dont feel like I was hair violated when I leave the salon. My hair is fine and a bad hair cut can be brutal:)

Thanks

like many here, i have sought the perfect hair stylist for many years and been dissapointed more times than i care to recall

that was until i found Kuhn Boy at the salon upstairs in Carrefour.

Thanks

like many here, i have sought the perfect hair stylist for many years and been dissapointed more times than i care to recall

How much does he charge ?.That saloon looks very high class .

Thanks

How much does he charge ?.That saloon looks very high class .

250baht

Not exactly Pattaya, but in North Jomtien, near the Hanuman Statue, is the best I've found.

Just as the road turns west in front of the statue, heading for the beach, there's a Family Mart on the left -- About 100 meters in back to the left is a side-soi -- turn right, walk about 200 meters to "Sabai Thong"

Salon is adjacent to a Massage shop, also one of the best massage places I've found -- Owner of both is "Nok" -- if she's there she'll make sure you're well taken care of. Prides herself in charging only "Thai price", not "Farang Price"

Currently the road next to the Family Mart is torn up, but a foot-path still makes the side-soi accesable -- Easier route is to go past the Family Mart to the first passage to the left -- back about 100 meters is the secret soi.

"Nok" and her girls will make sure you'll want to come back again.

Not exactly Pattaya, but in North Jomtien, near the Hanuman Statue, is the best I've found.

Just as the road turns west in front of the statue, heading for the beach, there's a Family Mart on the left -- About 100 meters in back to the left is a side-soi -- turn right, walk about 200 meters to "Sabai Thong"

Salon is adjacent to a Massage shop, also one of the best massage places I've found -- Owner of both is "Nok" -- if she's there she'll make sure you're well taken care of. Prides herself in charging only "Thai price", not "Farang Price"

Currently the road next to the Family Mart is torn up, but a foot-path still makes the side-soi accesable -- Easier route is to go past the Family Mart to the first passage to the left -- back about 100 meters is the secret soi.

>>Nok" and her girls will make sure you'll want to come back again.

Sounds more like a knocking shop . :)

>>Nok" and her girls will make sure you'll want to come back again.

Sounds more like a knocking shop . :)

maybe thats what they mean by (blow --- ) :D

I've lived here for 7 years and have mostly been disappointed with the haircuts I've received here. Except for the last 1 1/2 years. Now I go to the Beauty Shop in the Caesars Hotel on Second Road, just south of Pattaya Klang (Central Rd). On the east side of the street, opposite soi 8. Just 100 baht, never a bad haircut, always just what I ask for. She speaks excellent English, is quite pleasing on the eye, and has not changed her price for many years. Quite well worth it!!