Hydroponic Farming

Whitemale

Hi great people,

I very recently ( 2 days ago) discovered this great site and would ask your kindness and generosity to shed some light about Hydroponic farming. I have no knowledge about this farming method except what I read on the net. I am very interested in this kind of farming and would like to give it a try. I have considered to contact a consultant ( they offer such services here: http (SEMI COLUM) (DOUBLE SLASH)en.bangsaiagro (DOT) com ) but I fear the costs. Do you think I can learn the basics + some ins and outs through you all and your inputs and use the money to buy equipment and start or should I go the Consult route?

F.Y.I, I have been thinking of growing cut flowers ( roses) and when I saw the veggies possibility, I am considering it as another possibility if the roses would not be something you may not advice.

Thank you all in advance for any input and opinion.

Cheers,

W.M

P.S I was not allowed to post a url

Hello WM, 2 things, where do you live?(N,S,NE) Have you read most of the T-V threads on hydro, like http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Hydroponics-...rs-t269776.html ? I think post #3-4?? has links to the best hydro info on T-V.(3 T-V threads)

If you haven't grown hydro or for that mater, grown at all in LOS, try a simple bag system using coir.

There was other members that were going to do flowers, they should be able to give you some more info what might be best for your area.

Good luck with your project, keep posting on what you do, and you progress, and what not to do.

rice555

Whitemale,

Welcome and enjoy this site as there is plenty of great people around and lots of good advice to be had.

I got started not so long ago by reading this forum and you will see some of my pics posted of starting out very small and gradually getting bigger. I started with lettuce and some easy to grow veg and have now progressed into cucumbers, tom's, peppers and many more other types and with a little bit of reading and help from other members it is all pretty simple to grow most things with an understanding of the basics.

If you do a search under hydroponics then choose the hydroponic nutrient topic there is a good book to download in post number 86.

Good luck

Whitemale,

Welcome and enjoy this site as there is plenty of great people around and lots of good advice to be had.

I got started not so long ago by reading this forum and you will see some of my pics posted of starting out very small and gradually getting bigger. I started with lettuce and some easy to grow veg and have now progressed into cucumbers, tom's, peppers and many more other types and with a little bit of reading and help from other members it is all pretty simple to grow most things with an understanding of the basics.

If you do a search under hydroponics then choose the hydroponic nutrient topic there is a good book to download in post number 86.

Good luck

rice555 + thescot thank you so much for your inputs and ref´s. I am reading all the pages here, kept reading until 5:30 this morning. Very valuable info´s and comments. The book of Keith R. is a great tool and I will purchase it. The more I read and the more I realize that there is no need to use the services of a consultant because everything seems to be written here on this forum from different experiences and angles. I will keep reading this forum daily until I "absorb" everything then ask the questions that will arise and they will not be a few, believe me.

Thank you again both for your kindness and generosity.

W.M

Here's some of the first F1 cucumbers from seed i brought back from the UK and planted around 42 days ago. They were grown in rockwool slabs after the seedlings were around 4'' tall. Growing like crazy and is already 3 meters tall and i can tell you very juicy indeed!!

Thescot

:)

post-28386-1254300908_thumb.jpg