Back To Back Tourist Visa, Real Informations Please

hello guys

i read and read and read all topics about what happen in penang, and also in vientiane, where is the true ?????

can anyone tell if it is possible for everyone to get a tourist visa somewhere.

Simple question = simple answer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

after that, can we create a group on faceboook asking for a new regulation rules about thes tourist visas ( i live in thailand since 5 years on btb tourist visas).................. and have never any problems, just pay, ahahhhahahah

hello guys

i read and read and read all topics about what happen in penang, and also in vientiane, where is the true ?????

can anyone tell if it is possible for everyone to get a tourist visa somewhere.

Simple question = simple answer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

after that, can we create a group on faceboook asking for a new regulation rules about thes tourist visas ( i live in thailand since 5 years on btb tourist visas).................. and have never any problems, just pay, ahahhhahahah

The government has clamped down on back to back Tourist Visas as previously indicated and as such the best option may possibly be to apply outside asia , eg; Australia , Europe etc ...

Hi michemiche!

I know you and I thought that you were already on a retirement visa...

Or maybe, it is for your partner that it is becoming more difficult?

Regarding nationality, unfortunately, I think that Vientiane will be the only solution!

I have several friends who will do the trip from the island to Laos, by the end of next week.

Feel free to PM if you want more details.

Amities,

Michel (ex-Koh Phangan/White West)

Vientiane is clamping down, too, based on this report by a member:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Red-Warning-...ne-t300805.html

--

Maestro

Thank you Maestro.

But at least, as I understood, they are still delivering visa even regarding the fact that they put a red stamp on it.

Am I correct?

Otherwise, I should give a ring to my friends in Koh Phangan -none of them are using internet!- to avoid this long journey, for nothing.

So, there ultimate solution would be to fly in/out Koh Samui -via Firefly to KL- every month?!?

But at least, as I understood, they are still delivering visa even regarding the fact that they put a red stamp on it.

Am I correct?

Otherwise, I should give a ring to my friends in Koh Phangan -none of them are using internet!- to avoid this long journey, for nothing.

So, there ultimate solution would be to fly in/out Koh Samui -via Firefly to KL- every month?!?

Vientiane just starting issuing red warning stamps over the last 2 weeks since the crackdown on back-to-back tourist visas was announced. As far as we know from a few recent reports they are issuing tourist visas to all applicants with back-to-back tourist visas BUT giving these applicants a red warning stamp.

What happens when a red warning stamp applicant goes back for another tourist visa is unknown and will not be known for at least another 3 to 6 months when these current tourist visas expire.

Cheers "tropo"...

At least, if they are still issuing tourist visas -even with red stamp-; that will leave more time to find some more adequate solution to stay in LoS.

Better than a complete denial!

In my case, I was using them (TV) since the 2006 clampdown on 90 days/6 months. Because, I am in/out Thailand every 2 weeks, or so.

And I am remembering, each time immigration having headache calculating numbers of remaining days...

Now back to normal, since last December, I am just getting my visa exempt stamps @ Swampy arrival.

Having no reason to flight out until next January, a (single) TV from Vientiane would have been my best bet...

But for the last 3 years, my passport has collected 4 TV stickers + re-entries... and 18 visa exempt stamps!!!

Anyway, I will do the trip next week to Vientiane... and in case of refusal, I suppose that when flying back, I will still get -at least- one month!?!

No problem... Only solution :)

Cheers "tropo"...

At least, if they are still issuing tourist visas -even with red stamp-; that will leave more time to find some more adequate solution to stay in LoS.

Better than a complete denial!

In my case, I was using them (TV) since the 2006 clampdown on 90 days/6 months. Because, I am in/out Thailand every 2 weeks, or so.

And I am remembering, each time immigration having headache calculating numbers of remaining days...

Now back to normal, since last December, I am just getting my visa exempt stamps @ Swampy arrival.

Having no reason to flight out until next January, a (single) TV from Vientiane would have been my best bet...

But for the last 3 years, my passport has collected 4 TV stickers + re-entries... and 18 visa exempt stamps!!!

Anyway, I will do the trip next week to Vientiane... and in case of refusal, I suppose that when flying back, I will still get -at least- one month!?!

No problem... Only solution :)

If you are flying to Vientiane you will be paying a big price for airfares. I checked out the BKK-Vientiane airfares with Thai Airways and it was 9,400 baht return. Even booking ahead for January the price was the same. Return flights to Udon Thani are around 3000 baht.

The only advantage is you'll get 30 days visa exempt when you return whereas if you fly to Udon and take the Friendship Bridge overland entry you'll get only 15 days when you return.

Your passport must be just about full by now. Get a double entry tourist visa in your current passport for free in January and ask for 3 entries (or 4). That'll be a big help if you need to leave frequently. Then get a new passport and go again. I've seen a report today that they (people at the consulate, I presume) told someone that only people with 3 or more back-to-back tourist visas are receiving the red stamp. That could lead to 4 more in your new passport.

At the very least I don't think you'll have any problems getting one more double entry tourist visa in January, so you'll have until July to work out an alternate solution.

Am I correct?

Vientiane just starting issuing red warning stamps over the last 2 weeks since the crackdown on back-to-back tourist visas was announced. As far as we know from a few recent reports they are issuing tourist visas to all applicants with back-to-back tourist visas BUT giving these applicants a red warning stamp.

What happens when a red warning stamp applicant goes back for another tourist visa is unknown and will not be known for at least another 3 to 6 months when these current tourist visas expire.

Other Thai offices may be influenced by the red stamps, but at this stage, they are not bound to to abide by that advice, ( that is all it is, advice ).