Stalking

tantricol

Not my first post but I do not want my identification known. Hope that is okay. Hope also the reason becomes clear.

One night when she is out with me at midnight. (We are out drinking and dancing.) My girlfriend receives a phone call from a man she does not know. He waits until she goes to the bathroom before telephoning her. He tells her she is beautiful and talks to her in English. She hears very little because of the loud music. With no idea who he is she hangs up. Midnight is a very odd time to phone a Thai woman. Most are asleep in bed.

Telling me about it the next day I get the following information. He is not Thai. She knows this from the way he speaks English. Tells me she could hear the same music on his phone as she can hear whilst in the bathroom. I deduce he is in the same place as we. That accounts for the time of the call too.

I phone this man up. I and my girlfriend want to know what he wants and why he phoned her at midnight. He says he does not understand. Yet he phones back. He wants to talk to my girlfriend. Knows her name and her number. But very few people have that number. The girlfriend talks to him with loudspeaker on so I can hear. He calls her beautiful and tries to chat her up. She wants none of this. Tells him she has a boyfriend. (Obvious she has a boyfriend as we were arm in arm and holding hands and cuddling at the place we were at at midnight). Tells him time and again she has a boyfriend. Also to stop telephoning her. She hangs up on him.

Later he phones back on another number. She tells him not to phone. She does not want to talk to him. Gives me the phone to talk to him. He hangs up fast.

Later a third call. He is told not to phone or to speak to my girlfriend again. He is now abusive and swearing.

Nothing happens for a week. Now he phones again. She was asleep. Half asleep she answers the telephone. He is wanting to know where she is. What she is doing. Intimates he wants to meet her. She hangs up. Comes down stairs and she shows me the number. I phone it. The man hangs up quick. It is the same man. Another new number. Now three numbers. All numbers are logged.

I can guarantee she does not know this man. I can guarantee she has had 1 husband (deceased) and no boyfriends before me. So no comments about "lady Bar" please.

The point of the post? This man is in my opinion stalking her on the telephone now. I know what he looks like from enquiries made. We are 90% sure which woman gave him the number and her name but are not certain.

He is Asian. Speaks little Thai. Speaks English to the Thai girlfriend.

Is it worth reporting to the police as a stalker? Will the police do anything? The girlfriend is now worried. She is scared to go out alone because he might be following her. If she is on the motorbike he may do something. Maybe he is a nutter. We do not have his address. We have his three telephone numbers.

You have too many guarantees - with no irrefutable proof - hearsay only.

Either you approach the problem head-on, truthfully, or accept she has a not-so-pure history - we all do, by-the-way

Somebody is lying. It often happens when ex comes to visit - he will go away soon enough.

Telephone Stalker? Hmmmm - smarter to find a new lady.

Buy a new sim card seems easier.

Serious doubt the police will do anything, they are too few to look into cases like this.

Unless you have connection with powerful people.

Yes would be easy to change the number especially as only a few people have the number anyway.

Buy a new SIM card

If she wants, let her make a police report. At least his phone numbers will be on file.

The only time I’ve seen police act against a foreigner in a situation like this was after that person entered premises and made direct threats.

next time he rings her, get her to talk to him, and have her suggest they meet, so she can see what he wants.

If you know any BIB, have them meet up at the meeting place,with you and g/f and see what the guy looks like. Shake down. Game Over.

You have too many guarantees - with no irrefutable proof - hearsay only.

Either you approach the problem head-on, truthfully, or accept she has a not-so-pure history - we all do, by-the-way

Somebody is lying. It often happens when ex comes to visit - he will go away soon enough.

Telephone Stalker? Hmmmm - smarter to find a new lady.

Be careful too they (GF and her friend) may be working together to scam you, change sim and tell her to not answer any call she does not know and you take the call if he calls again. Or better yet take her phone away and keep it for her for next couple week if goes away I would be very careful about her.

By the similar thing happened to my close friend 2 years ago

He waits until she goes to the bathroom before telephoning her.

Wake up man! Why does "he" wait until she is the bathroom???? I have met quite a few girls who refuse to answer the phone but go to the bathroom shortly after, come back and talk about a "friend who called".

She is in on the game.

Oh, the police don't give a dam.

Up to you what to do about it. I know what I would do.

I can think of a few possibilities....

1. Lad who is calling is calling a wrong number and he was just lucky that it happened to be the same name as your gf.

2. Gf knows this lad and is lying about it. (covering up with a past/present/lad and future indiscretion)

3. Gf knows this this lad, but completely innocent - just a nutter.

Change the SIM and be done with this monkey business. (destroy old one) If lad calls again then I'm sorry then your gf has some involvement.

I don't mean to sound like a prick, but it stinks of deception. Have your fun with this woman and move on.

If you insist on prolonging it wash your hands of involvement in this caller stuff.

You needn't play the protective male with every woman you dally with. When you break up don't accuse her, come up with some other excuse, and then cut your ties with her, get a new phone number, etc.

To not buy a new SIM is a no-brainer.

By a SIM destroy the old one.

Most phones can block certain numbers.

As far as I know the police don't have a 'jealous ex boyfriend' department unless it gets violent.

No point confronting her about a previous boyfriend. Thais hate confrontation when they have something to hide.

It would be interesting to know her age and occupation. Hard to believe that you are her first boyfriend since her marriage.

Not the anwser you want, but seems to be the general consensus.

I don't mean to sound like a prick, but it stinks of deception. Have your fun with this woman and move on.

If you insist on prolonging it wash your hands of involvement in this caller stuff.

You needn't play the protective male with every woman you dally with. When you break up don't accuse her, come up with some other excuse, and then cut your ties with her, get a new phone number, etc.

If she gives you the line 'cant change the sim, cause all my friends family have this number', tell her to copy the contacts to her mobile and insert sim, send out group sms.

If she still says cannot - move on quickly.

Not my first post but I do not want my identification known. Hope that is okay. Hope also the reason becomes clear.

One night when she is out with me at midnight. (We are out drinking and dancing.) My girlfriend receives a phone call from a man she does not know. He waits until she goes to the bathroom before telephoning her. He tells her she is beautiful and talks to her in English. She hears very little because of the loud music. With no idea who he is she hangs up. Midnight is a very odd time to phone a Thai woman. Most are asleep in bed.

Telling me about it the next day I get the following information. He is not Thai. She knows this from the way he speaks English. Tells me she could hear the same music on his phone as she can hear whilst in the bathroom. I deduce he is in the same place as we. That accounts for the time of the call too.

I phone this man up. I and my girlfriend want to know what he wants and why he phoned her at midnight. He says he does not understand. Yet he phones back. He wants to talk to my girlfriend. Knows her name and her number. But very few people have that number. The girlfriend talks to him with loudspeaker on so I can hear. He calls her beautiful and tries to chat her up. She wants none of this. Tells him she has a boyfriend. (Obvious she has a boyfriend as we were arm in arm and holding hands and cuddling at the place we were at at midnight). Tells him time and again she has a boyfriend. Also to stop telephoning her. She hangs up on him.

Later he phones back on another number. She tells him not to phone. She does not want to talk to him. Gives me the phone to talk to him. He hangs up fast.

Later a third call. He is told not to phone or to speak to my girlfriend again. He is now abusive and swearing.

Nothing happens for a week. Now he phones again. She was asleep. Half asleep she answers the telephone. He is wanting to know where she is. What she is doing. Intimates he wants to meet her. She hangs up. Comes down stairs and she shows me the number. I phone it. The man hangs up quick. It is the same man. Another new number. Now three numbers. All numbers are logged.

I can guarantee she does not know this man. I can guarantee she has had 1 husband (deceased) and no boyfriends before me. So no comments about "lady Bar" please.

The point of the post? This man is in my opinion stalking her on the telephone now. I know what he looks like from enquiries made. We are 90% sure which woman gave him the number and her name but are not certain.

Is it worth reporting to the police as a stalker? Will the police do anything? The girlfriend is now worried. She is scared to go out alone because he might be following her. If she is on the motorbike he may do something. Maybe he is a nutter. We do not have his address. We have his three telephone numbers.

how you know she had no boyfriends be4. guys who say this worry me.

How can you guarantee who your girlfriend knows or has known before you? Why, because she told you so? Absolute nonsense. Or perhaps your g/f`s number was given to this guy by someone she knows, who bears a grudge against her.

As for reporting this matter to the police, in Thailand they say, not a problem because something bad hasn`t happened yet.

If you actually believe your g/f is telling the truth, than change the sim card, problem solved.

Edited by sassienie

let me rethink my position.

give benefit of doubt to girl who say she no have bf be4.

but how many customers hasshe had? to them bf customer is not the same thing as it is to many men. to many men think they r t hai girls bf when if fact they only customaa! :):D

My guess is the police won't do jack _ _ _ _! about it. So your going to have to matters into your own hands.

1. First change the mobile numbers on your both her mobile phone and yours.

2. Pull up stakes where you are, and find another apartment. That might sound like a pain in anus to do, but the

end result would certainly ease your situation. Pick a place in an opposite location within the same radius of her

work if she is working in the vicinity; give notice where your at, get your deposit back if you have one coming,

and in the meantime look for another pad.

3. Of course if he is stalking her which it sounds like, he probably knows the work place as well, but that I am sure.

If she is not working and you are supporting her, so much the better. That way there shouldn't be any loopholes

for him to track both of you.

4. Stop going to your old hang-outs together and find some new territory to discover. Break the pattern.

Mark

OP

You girl could be genuine so don't listen to other posters sh*t

If she is playing around or known him from before why would she tell you about the calls!

From your post he is obviously watching you and your girl,probably even knows where you live so be careful...but one thing i find strange is

where did he get her number...you say not many people have this number so i think it would be easy to find out who gave it to him!

Get your girl to ask friends and family if any stranger asked for her number lately(or is this a business number she uses)

Like another poster said...change the number...and if he rings again something smells,could be her or someone she knows giving him

the number!

Just an idea.....change the number and tell her to give the new number to people she knows,one at a time every two or three days and if he rings

in between you might have an idea of who's giving him the number!

Good luck!......some crazies out there! :)

OP

Yo

Just an idea.....change the number and tell her to give the new number to people she knows,one at a time every two or three days and if he rings

Good luck!......some crazies out there! :)

agreed lot of looneys out there.

and w yr sage advice i think u one of them :D

OP

Yo

Good luck!......some crazies out there! :D

agreed lot of looneys out there.

and w yr sage advice i think u one of them :D

:):D

I can think of a few possibilities....

1. Lad who is calling is calling a wrong number and he was just lucky that it happened to be the same name as your gf.

2. Gf knows this lad and is lying about it. (covering up with a past/present/lad and future indiscretion)

3. Gf knows this this lad, but completely innocent - just a nutter.

Change the SIM and be done with this monkey business. (destroy old one) If lad calls again then I'm sorry then your gf has some involvement.

I have to agree with britmaveric. Change SIM card as others have suggested. I like to believe what people have told me until I learn otherwise. I know what I would LIKE to do, but it's not legal and there's no need to go to jail for this type of thing.

I MIGHT choose to set the guy up with a meeting just to learn who he is, but after that I'd change phone numbers. If he learns the new one then the girl is in on it.

change the SIM - and you will see -

if he "accidentally" calls again on the new number -

you know - it's time to move on or keep up with the BS!

There got to be some wonderful breathtaking, irreplaceable, unique women out there... :)

Edited by Samuian