Khorat Immigration Moving To Chok Chai

My next door neighbor just got back from Khorat Immigration and was told they are moving to Chok Chai on Oct 1st. Here a copy of the map they gave him of the new location. Can't for the life of me figure out ehy they are moving to Chok Chai??

post-25614-1254141492_thumb.jpg

My next door neighbor just got back from Korat Immigration and was told they are moving to Chok Chai on Oct 1st. Here a copy of the map they gave him of the new location. Can't for the life of me figure out ehy they are moving to Chok Chai??

If that is the case it will be much easier for all out here. Some 25kms this side of Korat. Driving time from Prakhonchai just 1 hour 10 minutes or less!

My next door neighbor just got back from Korat Immigration and was told they are moving to Chok Chai on Oct 1st. Here a copy of the map they gave him of the new location. Can't for the life of me figure out ehy they are moving to Chok Chai??

Thank you for this map. 1 km West as shown on that map puts me smack in the middle of another intersection on Google Maps:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source...mp;t=h&z=17

I have now moved the placemark for the Nakhon Ratchasima Immigration office to the building nearest to that intersection on the South side of highway 23.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?f=d&sou...01eab7f9c08c469

I shall be grateful if anybody going there will tell me exactly which building it is. A photo of the building would also be nice. Does the office still have the same name, or is it now called Chok Chai Immigration office?

--

Maestro

Immigration said 1km on there upside down drawn map - I would guess it is less and perhaps the blue roof building shown in your photo link as the building next would appear to be a normal PTT station (dual entry). The complex with blue roofs must be the Toyota dealership. So it may be a new building or perhaps the blue roof to the front/middle. We need someone who has been there to really pinpoint it.

I have been there it is between the Toyota dealership and the PTT gas station just look for the mud hole in the middle UGH!! Its terrible and the people that work there no very little about there job!

Immigration said 1km on there upside down drawn map - I would guess it is less and perhaps the blue roof building shown in your photo link as the building next would appear to be a normal PTT station (dual entry). The complex with blue roofs must be the Toyota dealership. So it may be a new building or perhaps the blue roof to the front/middle. We need someone who has been there to really pinpoint it.

I have been there it is between the Toyota dealership and the PTT gas station just look for the mud hole in the middle UGH!! Its terrible and the people that work there no very little about there job!

Can you advise the types of visa/extension/conversion functions allegedly performed by this new office.

I soon need to apply for a 30-day extension on my 60-day TR visa, or preferably and if possible, to convert that TR visa to a 90-day Non-Immi "O" (marriage) visa, following my recent marriage to a Thai national.

Any and all relevent and accurate advice/information would be most appreciated.....Thanks in advance.

All normal immigration functions will be done there. You will have to ask if they can do a visa conversion as most have not done so in the past.

Thanks heaps for your input Lopburi3.

Any and all helpful information in guiding this newcomer along the path to a reasonably trouble-free transition to Thai living is welcomed and appreciated.

I will, as you suggest, ask the conversion question when I attend the Chok Chai office in the next day or so to extend my TR visa.

Regards for now.

Was there today for my annual marriage extension. Everything went smoothly. Not much of a wait. Most of the Surin staff was there and as such, seemed to know what they were doing. One nice older woman was kind enough to allow me to do a 90 day report early within the same visit. She was all smiles, but new on the job and entered my passport information into the computer slowly.

There was a bit of crud and whatnot lying around and in piles, with a large hole near a power pole in front from which buffaloes may have roamed, but I suspect that'll all get filled in soon which should indeed allow more parking. There's a copy machine to the right in a small restaurant with a young fellow who seems to be making more money with it than from selling food.

All in all, not a bad experience.

Was there today for my annual marriage extension…

May I ask you to have a look at this map and tell me where I should move the marker to pinpoint the immigration office correctly?

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&amp...01eab7f9c08c469

--

Maestro

There was a longish North to South building adjacent to a gas station, so I'd guess the pointer should be moved slightly to the left near those two small buildings perpendicular to 24? This map could be old, making it difficult to spot without a solid reference point, such as the Toyota dealership. The pointer looks to be close enough to where anyone close-by can spot that humongous brown and white "Immigration" sign.

Edited by Replogle

I currently have the one month 'under consideration' stamp for my first 12 month extension of stay. It expires on October 9.

Anybody have a clue if I go to Chok Chai a day or two early, would they process me? Or does it have to be on the day?

Thanks.

There was a longish North to South building adjacent to a gas station, so I'd guess the pointer should be moved slightly to the left near those two small buildings perpendicular to 24? This map could be old, making it difficult to spot without a solid reference point, such as the Toyota dealership. The pointer looks to be close enough to where anyone close-by can spot that humongous brown and white "Immigration" sign.

This post by Lopburi3 made me think that the area marked "1" in the attachment is the petrol station. Neither of the blue-roofed buildings in the area marked "2" looks big enough to be a car dealership, assuming that the new cars would be exhibited/stored in a building or at least under a roof. Perhaps the car dealership is new, constructed on the plot of land that has been levelled in the area marked "3". The satellite photos for the map were taken some time ago.

For the moment, I will leave the marker where it is and hope to get other members to confirm the location, perhaps even post a photo.

--

Maestro

Went in and out of new ChockChai Immigration office in about 10min swiftly to get an address conformation that I needed for drivers license renewal. Conformation document was free no charge; needed to provide two pictures , copy of passport, and fill out a short form. New office location is more convent for my case, only 30min drive versus the 1.5hr drive I needed to get to Korat site. I am happy with this change.

Office is 1 km west of the main light intersection 224 & 24 in ChokChai on the south side of 24 next to PTT gas station. (Note map they hand out at old Korat Immigration to get to new ChokChai is confusing as up points South? [map is actually up-side-down?])

post-78747-1255449301_thumb.jpg

post-78747-1255449429_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

Took a friend there from Pak Chong, about an hour's drive each way. Only problem he had was that they asked for a photo copy of a thai ID as proof of address. Never having heard of this requirement before and not having his missus along for the drive he was stumped until a girl behind the counter offered to let him copy hers.

No problems with the extension even though he now 'lives' in Surin.

New office = new rules?