Increase Retirement Visa Requirement To $1.2m Baht?

gguy

I noticed that the prices on WS seem to have increased 10 to 15% the last month in preparation for the high season.

Based on my observations of WS prices, the retirement visa amount should be going up to 1,200,000 Baht. When the 800k was put in place, the average cost of bottled beer on WS was 80 to 90 baht. Now the new price indications are 120 to 130 baht.

The Thai government seems to like to increase fees dramatically. Remember the last visa fee increase.

I would think that within a year the retirement visa amount will be increased dramatically.

It seems destined that Thailand will become a high cost vacation mecca.

It is lovely to hear your opinion! Do you have any facts to support this opinion? I mean genuine facts such as a newspaper article quoting named sources from the immigration department?

What does the value of drinks on Walking street have to do with the 12 month extensions based on current visa requirements anyway! Me thinks not a lot!

I wonder if posts such as this actually cause some people living in Thailand to worry unnecessarily.After all with the value of many currencies falling dramatically some people on 12 month extensions to their current visa are struggling to keep to the financial requirements imposed by the immigration department. This has been a topic discussed on this very forum by the way.

I very much hope your opinion however well meaning does not cause any undue and unwarranted extra worries to expats living here! :)

But it will happen and grandfathering will disappear and I can't wait for the squealing of the self righteous gits who have been almost gleeful in their condemnation of those who are suffering worry about the present "clampdown" on back to back TVS. I mean no harm to those decent fellows who have been supportive of those of us in the deep stuff at the moment.

I noticed that the prices on WS seem to have increased 10 to 15% the last month in preparation for the high season.

Based on my observations of WS prices, the retirement visa amount should be going up to 1,200,000 Baht. When the 800k was put in place, the average cost of bottled beer on WS was 80 to 90 baht. Now the new price indications are 120 to 130 baht.

The Thai government seems to like to increase fees dramatically. Remember the last visa fee increase.

I would think that within a year the retirement visa amount will be increased dramatically.

It seems destined that Thailand will become a high cost vacation mecca.

:)