Visit Visas Thailand To Singapore And Indonesia/malaysia?

My Thai daughter in law is stuck in Bangkok waiting for a response to her settlement in UK visa.

I and my daughter are going to my niece's wedding in Singapore (both UK passports) and the family would like to invite my d-i-l to come too, from Bangkok.

For one thing, her passport is still at the UK Embassy while we wait for visa result. But IF she had it back, would she have to apply for a visa to go to Singapore and possibly make daytrips to the other countries? Does anyone know?

And is it hard to get your passport back from the UK Embassy before they have taken a settlement visa decision?

My Thai daughter in law is stuck in Bangkok waiting for a response to her settlement in UK visa.

I and my daughter are going to my niece's wedding in Singapore (both UK passports) and the family would like to invite my d-i-l to come too, from Bangkok.

For one thing, her passport is still at the UK Embassy while we wait for visa result. But IF she had it back, would she have to apply for a visa to go to Singapore and possibly make daytrips to the other countries? Does anyone know?

And is it hard to get your passport back from the UK Embassy before they have taken a settlement visa decision?

:)

I don't believe a visa is required for a person holding a Thai passport to visit Singapore. I took my family there some years ago, but I believe all that was necessary was a Thai passport. It was around 15 years ago however. As I recall, it was just a stamp on entry for a short visit entry.

U.K. passport holders should have no problem with a trip to Singapore. Stamp on entry.

Getting the passport back from the embassy....well that I have no idea about. Doesn't seem like a problem, but who knows about embassys and their rules?

:D

P.S. Malaysia...don't think Thai passports require a visa for a short visit.

Now Insonesia....I've never been there....but I'm guessing a visa is required, especially for a Thai passport.

Edited by IMA_FARANG

Thank you very much, both. I now fear she will not have her passport back in time. If she gets it with a UK settlement visa, she will be off to UK at once, and if she doesn't, she'll maybe be too depressed to come to a wedding, but we'll have to wait and see.