• West
    • Duke's
    • Pun Pun, on the river

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion out of all the places ive tried piggy's is the hands down winner! for food and price {120 baht!} and service, you actually get nice smiles at piggy's! well then it would be the un irish pub, the dukes has amazing food too. also the fried fish i get at the lake is amazing with garlic but this is a fresh water fish and not a salt water 1.

:)

When I viewed results, this message came up at the bottom of the results: "You have already voted in this poll"

I didn't vote.

When I voted (the sixth person to do so) it made two votes for West. I now see that West have no votes - did they give them to Piggy's or is the polling system up the spout? It also says I've voted but now I don't know who for....

Sorry, my girlfriend makes the best fish. Buys some Dory, adds a light batter, breadcrumbs and fries in a fry pan with just a dab of oil (I was surprised she didn't need deep fry). To each their own preference, but as tasty, although different, as Doyles in Sydney. Two pieces costs about 80 baht, or 40 baht each. She also buys potatoes, cuts them up and they are great too.

Charlie makes the best fish & chips and is the most welcoming host in Chiang Mai.

The food, atmosphere and friendliness are top quality. Farangs actually speak with each other at Charlie’s.

Others may try to copy, but Charlie has a wealth of experience and that can’t be beaten.

post-11344-1254322595_thumb.jpg

Edited by sassienie

Ive been in all of these establishments and as far as fish and chips goes piggy's can't be beaten. as far as i know they have only been open a month or so. maybe someone else will win this poll because they have been in business for years but for price and quality piggy's is best!!!

maybe charlie's should lower his normal fish meal to 110 baht????

yeahhhhhh price war!!!!!

:)

All these have been mentioned. Don't consider price. Which tastes best?

I hope this thread remains light-hearted, as the poll is hardly scientific!

Without the option for "Other" and then provision of a blank field to fill in a venue, it puts me in mind of being asked the question "Have you stopped beating your wife? - Answer Yes or No". :D

I see good feedback on Piggys and am looking forward to trying it.

Rgds

P.S. Have never beaten a wife, more like the other way round :)

Piggies has the hot chicks and the ice cold beer, but for you cheap Charlies, you get about twice as much cod at the Rose Guest House and it is about as good, however they have french fries instead of chips. They are not bad and a bigger portion, but I prefer English chips.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Charlie makes the best fish & chips and is the most welcoming host in Chiang Mai.

The food, atmosphere and friendliness are top quality. Farangs actually speak with each other at Charlie’s.

Others may try to copy, but Charlie has a wealth of experience and that can’t be beaten.

I have passed by several times recently and never seen it open.

And yes, I have been there but still (IMHO) doesn't come close to Miss Piggy's :)

The food, atmosphere and friendliness are top quality. Farangs actually speak with each other at Charlie's.

Others may try to copy, but Charlie has a wealth of experience and that can't be beaten.

Totally agree with you here. Unfortunately the people who vote for Piggy's and others are not British (nothing wrong with that) it's just they do not understand what F & C should be.

Sorry, tried Piggys last Friday. Flat tasteless small portion of fish served in a cafe that feels like its in the middle of a formula one circuit theres so much traffic passing by.

Hmm yummy. Fish n Carbon Monoxide poisoning together.

By the way, tried one of their takeaway indian curries. Disgusting! Wouldnt even feed it to the dog!!

Charlies and UN Irish best by far at a reasonable price!

Sorry, tried Piggys last Friday. Flat tasteless small portion of fish served in a cafe that feels like its in the middle of a formula one circuit theres so much traffic passing by.

Hmm yummy. Fish n Carbon Monoxide poisoning together.

By the way, tried one of their takeaway indian curries. Disgusting! Wouldnt even feed it to the dog!!

Charlies and UN Irish best by far at a reasonable price!

This is a very interesting post as we have only just started selling the indian food and so far have had no takeaways and only good friends so far have eaten it!

maybe you opened the shop yourself when we was asleep! :):D:D