Woman Injured In Lopburi Double Bomb Attacks

george

Woman injured in Lop Buri double bomb attacks

LOPBURI: -- A woman was severely injured in double bomb attacks in front of the 191 Police Emergency Centre in this central province early Wednesday.

The first bomb exploded at about 1:45 am, prompting police to rush out from the centre to check the scene.

Thanyakarn Kuptawathin, 29, rushed out of her house to take photos of the scene.

After she took photos for about 20 minutes, the second bomb exploded, prompting police to run for cover. The woman was severely injured and rushed to the Lop Buri Hospital.

Police said the bombs were apparently detonated with a mobile phone.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009-09-30

1 offensive post deleted.

Apologies to anyone 'offended' by my light hearted post. Islamic terrorism (almost certainly) is a very serious threat to the stability of the country and I should not have tried to blame the lopburi monkey population.

May I offer the line "Islamic terrorism is a very serious threat to the world?"

Or maybe: to your health?

Apologies to anyone 'offended' by my light hearted post. Islamic terrorism (almost certainly) is a very serious threat to the stability of the country and I should not have tried to blame the lopburi monkey population.

I was offended and I think you offend with your double senses the thai people. But up to you, if you feel happy.

P.S.: BTW for sure the bomb is not of Islamic matrix

I was offended and I think you offend with your double senses the thai people. But up to you, if you feel happy.

P.S.: BTW for sure the bomb is not of Islamic matrix

I believe you missed something there - lopburi is famous for its roving monkeys, the animal ones.

Indeed the target seems way to small to be of any importance (or to do the trip all the way from ones usual turf) and as such, it might just be someone that realized that having a secondary (larger) bomb is the perfect way to take out more important targets than random civilians at a local market etc.

Infact, there was a recent movie just about that...

Back on topic.

Dont you think that it strange that someplace as Lopburi should encounter bomb attacks.

I feel that this closer to home rather than wild speculation on religion dont you think?

No where else has had bomb attacks in the North recently.

• 2 weeks later...

a-sa-la-moo a-lay-kom

shalom

everyone

in the absence of any forensic evidence, let's not be too quick to surmize the yet unknown....

there are also many farangs who embrace islamic faith....

we still believe that everyone is innocent until proven guilty in the court of law, right?

thx everyone