One Two Go Faq

cdnvic

From the 1-2-Go website....

Can I take a gun with me on my traveling date?

Guns or sharp weapons may be checked-in but not hand-carried. The passenger having such items should contact our staff at the check-in counter (Please be aware that such objects are subject to careful examination to ensure maximum safety for passengers onboard our flights)

How can I do if my ticket to be lost?

Passengers must perform as following:

1. Buy a new ticket in advance to replace the lost one for traveling.

2. Fill a petition and some documents will apply as:

- The reality lost ticket notice.

What are you provide some service onboard?

Along your journey, we welcome you with the convenience and comfortable in-flight service, available free of hot/cold soft drink and snacks, crispy Baked beans.

So.... who is translating the maintenance manuals? :)

http://www.fly12go.com/en/faq/index.php

From the 1-2-Go website....

Can I take a gun with me on my traveling date?

Guns or sharp weapons may be checked-in but not hand-carried. The passenger having such items should contact our staff at the check-in counter (Please be aware that such objects are subject to careful examination to ensure maximum safety for passengers onboard our flights)

How can I do if my ticket to be lost?

Passengers must perform as following:

1. Buy a new ticket in advance to replace the lost one for traveling.

2. Fill a petition and some documents will apply as:

- The reality lost ticket notice.

What are you provide some service onboard?

Along your journey, we welcome you with the convenience and comfortable in-flight service, available free of hot/cold soft drink and snacks, crispy Baked beans.

So.... who is translating the maintenance manuals? :)

http://www.fly12go.com/en/faq/index.php

If you buy a ticket from an airline, you don't buy a ticket, you make a contract with the airline to transport you from A to B, and maybe back.

Tickets are named, so buying a new ticket is bloody nonsense, in theory that would mean two mr X on the same place, or if yu would not buy a new ticket an empty seat.

Try to check in for a flight with a ticket with the name John Doe, and then produce your ID with a different name.

Guess what will happen.

Since the advent of the E-ticket, loosing a ticket does not mean you have to buy a new contract (ticket), but means you have to pay a rebooking fee.

And that fee has a maximum.

No different from any Thai business in Thailand, the written English is appalling. What would it cost to pay even the most basic native English speaker to clean up the above?

I've twice worked for Thai companies over the last 15 years and have been amazed that despite the fact that I was a native English speaker, I was rarely asked to proof read their Englsih promotional materials and the result was always much the same as the above.

No different from any Thai business in Thailand, the written English is appalling. What would it cost to pay even the most basic native English speaker to clean up the above?

I've twice worked for Thai companies over the last 15 years and have been amazed that despite the fact that I was a native English speaker, I was rarely asked to proof read their Englsih promotional materials and the result was always much the same as the above.

I here what you're saying Kurnell but I have to say in semi-defense of LOS I received a promotional email from a hospitality company (one of the top three in the world) that contained some really basic grammatical errors. I almost felt like calling them up and saying "Whatever you're paying the bloke who checks your stuff I'll do it for half"

Bet I'd still be quids in.

A week after the Phuket disaster,I recieved a text from the above mentioned airline,any 4 domestic flights for 10'000 Bht special.

They must think people have a very short memory,assuming that you can understand their crap english in the first place.

I was on a flight out of Phuket on 12GO on the same day as the accident.

First and last time I had the pleasure? of their company!

Is your Thai better ?

As the point flies a million kilometres over Mike's head. :)

Perusing a few of the higher education institutes' websites in Thailand (including some that are supposedly prestigious) I am completely flabbergasted that many contain grammatical and spelling errors including ones that offer English programmes. These websites then go on to brag about the western professors they have teaching there.

Now I may be missing something here (but I doubt it) but isn't it a no-brainer when you offer an English degree programme to at least have the website correct? Especially when you're proud of all the tame westerners working for you.

Next time in a bookstore take a look at books for learning English. Oh well, maybe loss of face to ask a native speaker to proofread and edit.

I'll never forget this jewel: "on the suspicious occasion of the opening of our new factory' - meant to be auspicious of course.

On the other hand, often enough I saw westerners insist on speaking Thai, though they would be better understood speaking English.

A pity that things took root permanently like man/woman instead of ladies/gentlemen on toilet doors, and what about taxi meter?

Once my work permit was stamped with a text saying I was permitted to work for the time being by the alien occupational control division

I could only associate it with science fiction.

Edited by keestha

I'll never forget this jewel: "on the suspicious occasion of the opening of our new factory' - meant to be auspicious of course.

Unless it was an announcement from North Korea.

"Did I say uranium enriching facility? Silly me. I meant to say toy doll factory. Always get those 2 mixed up." :)

alien occupational control division

LOL. When you go to immi for an extension there's all this "Invasion Of THe Body Snatchers" type shit going down.

"What ere all those pods for then mate?"

Edited by mca

:)

Not only Thai/English

I once saw an job announcement in a Bangkok English newspaper that read:

Wanted for translator from English to Japan and return for Japan company in Bangkok.

Speak Thai also help. For English translator wanted urgency.

I agreed with the advert...it was obviously wanted urgency.

In the 1890's a book was published by an Italian-American living in New York.

It's purpose was to help Italian immigrants arriving in New York to learn English.

It's title was....."English As She is Spoke"

:D

If "Can I bring my gun on the plane?" is really a frequently asked question, what kind of people are you sharing the passenger cabin with? :)

Probably one of my my brother in laws - they all have guns of one sort or another.

At least the translation in to English is understandable - I was helping a relative with her English homework last week, set by a non-native speaker, some questions were impossible:

"The boy threw the girl because she ________ it." Fill in the blank, the expected answer was 'wanted'.

If "Can I bring my gun on the plane?" is really a frequently asked question, what kind of people are you sharing the passenger cabin with? :)

sometimes there are cops travelling or VIPs and they often carry guns. Not long ago there have been sandboxes on Don Muang Airport at the security checkpoint before one boards the plane. These boxes were for empty the gun carried. Anyway, it was forbidden to carry Ammunition toghether with the gun, but sometimes there was one bullet left in the gun.

As far as I know, today guns have to be declared and will be transported somewhere down at the plane.

As for the ticket, I can only guess that the page is older as the electronic booking system :D

Isnt this a fact,.its like most things in business in thailand, they take no pride in their work and close enough is good enough,. :) Edited by imaneggspurt

Try telling a Thai that you are from New Zealand.

"Ahh, I like - want to go to Europe!"

"I said New Zealand."

"Switzerland very beautiful."

"No. New Zealand. It's next to Australia."

"Oh!. Close (to) Yer-man. Good. You lucky."

"No, no. New Zealand. Next to Australia -- "klai, klai Australia - khao jai mai?"

"Chai, khap. You come from America?"

Please understand I'm not being disrespectful -- but I have had this conversation umpteen times over the past 20-odd years. To balance out this oddball type of conversation, I've had some great chats about my country from everyone from taxi drivers to company executives (sorry, I hate to play the class game -- but this is Thailand, after all).

But, hey! This ain't going to help those who want to fly on the cheap. Even if 1-2 Go had every bit of literature translated into word-perfect Angkrit, would you still want to fly with them? I mean, all it takes is a few thousand baht for someone to turn the Thinglish into English. That does nothing to reassure me about the safety aspects of their staff.

Wit

• 4 months later...

OneTwo go is a ok airline. I flight with it from their very start. They also offer very good deal for frequent flyiers.

Who wants to share with me the cost of un Unlimited flights Card (39000baht/2people= 19500 p.p.), which would allow us to fly ANYTIME and ANYPLACE in Thailand for three months?

Think about it; if you plan one round trip per week, it gives you 24 flights at the price of 812 baht!!!

Let me know