Rain

gotlost

Great news! It's not uncommon to have the odd shower a couple times before 15 April. Very good when it happens.

Often this is the change to even colder weather.

What's the temperatures like right now in Chiang Mai? I get the highs and lows on the Internet but if proper cool season it takes a really long time to get to the high, then rapidly cools off.

Yesterday there was a downpour at 7 AM just south of Mae Taeng that soaked me through on the motorcycle. I never even considered rain when I left CM so no rain gear. Today it is quite dark up here and a few sprinkles of rain falling now and then.

The tenth of December and it should be cold and misty, not raining! Half an hour of solid rain here near CMU so far. Wondering how widespread this rain is.

Yea, at least a half hour of rain this morning here too. Makes it hard to live a normal life, doesn't it.

I like it. The first five years I lived here the seasons were very stable and predictable and changed from one to the other overnight. The last two years have been quite different.

The tenth of December and it should be cold and misty, not raining! Half an hour of solid rain here near CMU so far. Wondering how widespread this rain is.

Yea, at least a half hour of rain this morning here too. Makes it hard to live a normal life, doesn't it.

I like it. The first five years I lived here the seasons were very stable and predictable and changed from one to the other overnight. The last two years have been quite different.

Cold and windy out in Khi Lek, Mae Taeng boys.....It's nice!No rain today......So far

Edited by Tonto21

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We've enjoyed a few overcast days here in Mae-Jo, including a sprinkling on Thursday-morning, but today a nice air-cleaning 2-hour steady-rain, just what the garden needs ! I blame Childrens-Day for it ! rolleyes.gif

You can blame me. We cut our grass short yesterday hoping that it would crispy-fry for the dry season and not need to be cut until April. Looks like we will be at it again in two weeks.

• 3 weeks later...

Rain, rain, rain rain rain ....... won't this rain ever stop

Just wanted to re-up this thread in memory of Gotlost..

Must have been at least 15 drops at The Pun Pun..... gotta keep my eye on the river now.....

G

I was just sure it was going to rain somewhere nearby today. The frogs at my pond were in hight spirits and resounding voice last night.

Edited by lannarebirth

Rain, rain, rain rain rain ....... won't this rain ever stop

Just wanted to re-up this thread in memory of Gotlost..

Must have been at least 15 drops at The Pun Pun..... gotta keep my eye on the river now.....

G

I was just sure it was going to rain somewhere nearby today. The frogs at my pond were in high spirits and resounding voice last night.

We are watching some monster cumulus clouds east of Mae Taeng at the moment. They appear to be going above 25,000 feet so I'll bet it is raining out that way. I expect there will be some lightning to watch once the sun goes down.

tmd radar is showing quite an intense storm to the west of Lamphun. Unfortunately, they only update every hour (halfpast the hour) at this time of year, so can't really track where its's heading.

Edit. If you run the "loop", it's heading this way :)

Edited by MESmith