Rain

gotlost

And this is what the rain brought out tonight.

post-566-0-44651000-1336309728_thumb.jpg

We actually had a day time hatch of small ones that drove the birds nuts. Now we have the same big guys you have. How they get into the house is beyond me!

They get in through the tiniest opening. Turn all the lights off inside is the best way to keep them out.

We normally do that but the night vision goggles get a bit heavy after wearing them a while. wink.png Part of the problem with termites is that there are so many of them when they emerge.

Pouring down at CMU for the last 10 minutes. Good they got the roof fixed where the tree fell through it in time. biggrin.png

Lucky you, dry as a chip in Banwangtan, Hang Dong, nothing abnormal about that ,we live in hope.

I'm just behind BWD in Hang Dong and its been raining all day - took the girls to their friend's house earlier (at 1pm) and had to drive because it was so hard (only a 5 minute walk) - and got a flat batter after I left the bloody lights on! Must be a large umbrella over BWD.

No Wolf no umbrella over BWD look at my post date,ie well before the rain came. Rainfall has been fantastic in that it hasn't been that heavy but consistent and absorbed with little run off. With nearly every province in drought great for the farmers

We closed the light and put a burning candle in a the middle of a big pvc jar filled 1/3 with water and some soap to catch all these termites.

Place in the middle of the room, works very effectively.

We are very pleased with this rain but why the electricity have to breakdown again sometimes is mysterious.

After a heavy storm about 2 months ago, we had no electricity from the early evening until the next morning.

The electricity company were busy 2 days to cut trees and repair the wires in the neighbourhood (no electricity).

Also the water supply stopped every time.

Today they repair the water (here they never inform you) and the washing machine stopped halfway.

Even the Thai people in this village cause irritation now.

But furthermore, we are very pleased with the rain.

Heavy rain finally stopped although still threatening and also last night got blasted with those flying Termites...billions of them...cancelled run into CM..

Managed to keep them out the house (lights out) but had to clear a path to the door and I was like the Michelin man fighting a plague of locusts

.Spent about an hour hosing then down "...they dont like the water Mr Manwaring...' but this morning the debrise was all of 6 inches deep...again a good hose pipe does .

Also usually after a heavy drop of rain we get a lot of scorpions playing football on the veranda but this time have only seen a couple of small ones hiding in my boots (wellies) and not many snakes yet....Told them last time to stay away.

Agree bout those frogs..........arggg.................... like a sawmill........grind...grind..grind...noisey sods....and combined with the ginks and geckys karoke.....ye dogs.

still thats the name of the game..

not in Chang Rai ,in Trang live on a now very soggy farm and get plagued by the flying ants every year.

Have put up lighting along our access road which attracts most of 'em now ..still get a few so its close everything and sweat for a couple of hours...yes they do seem to get past even sliding veranda doors..at the jamb and under the runners methinks...the old tennis racket deals with most of them though..ain't life grand.

My little geckos were also having a party last night, so funny, they didnt know which way to turn; but they sure are quick at catching the flying ants.

Can I digress a little and make a small observation.

Just been out on the bike and got pi$$ wet through, but the number of motorbike riders I saw this afternoon driving one handed, the left hand holding the "brolly"

My first thought was that this action, in terms of danger ranked higher than not wearing a helmet, riding 3 on a bike, or carrying a 4m legnth of pipe and, maybe at a similar danger level as talking on the phone.

To compound the danger; isn't the right hand brake usually for the front wheel?

I just wonder if preventing yourself from getting wet (using brolly)is more important than gambling on your own or even someone elses death.

but as we have all said before the Thais are not stupid................................w00t.gif

My little geckos were also having a party last night, so funny, they didnt know which way to turn; but they sure are quick at catching the flying ants.

Can I digress a little and make a small observation.

Just been out on the bike and got pi$$ wet through, but the number of motorbike riders I saw this afternoon driving one handed, the left hand holding the "brolly"

My first thought was that this action, in terms of danger ranked higher than not wearing a helmet, riding 3 on a bike, or carrying a 4m legnth of pipe and, maybe at a similar danger level as talking on the phone.

To compound the danger; isn't the right hand brake usually for the front wheel?

I just wonder if preventing yourself from getting wet (using brolly)is more important than gambling on your own or even someone elses death.

but as we have all said before the Thais are not stupid................................w00t.gif

Of course if they wore a full-face crash helmet with visor they would need the brolly anyway - like it is going to keep them dry when they are moving. They should ban automatic bikes, much harder to ride one handed when you have to keep grabbing the clutch handle.

My cat hates the rain and will not go out - shat in the shower for the second time this week tonight (fun discovery that one!), all that careful training to get him to poop on next door's lawn all goes to pot in the rainy season (next door is a cop shop whistling.gifthumbsup.gif

My cat hates the rain and will not go out - shat in the shower for the second time this week tonight (fun discovery that one!), all that careful training to get him to poop on next door's lawn all goes to pot in the rainy season (next door is a cop shop whistling.gifthumbsup.gif

Not a cat lover myself but I thought they were independent;; they don"t listen and they don"t come in when you call and they like to stay out all night.

And when they are at home, they like to be left alone to sleep...totally useless pet.

Hmmm.....In other words every quality that women hate in a man, they love in a cat...! why is that?

• Like 1

^ Oh eyecatcher, not so!

My cats and I had tons of conversations (erm..mainly me talking, with them doin the occasional "mow" back. Unless i was late home, then id get a deluge of cat talk that was obviously a scolding).

So they are great little listeners and offer comfort every time.

We'd play hid and seek and chases and one cats favorite game was catch.

Tons of kisses and cuddles ..giving me attention and purrs if i was sad or they spotted a tear....very intuitive little creatures ..heck..how can a woman NOT love a cat..for, the list goes on and on!

er sorry, off topic.

Rain is chucking it down atm. Nimmen way.

Was anybody in the city around 17:30 this evening? (Specifically the moat). A storm came out of nowhere and the wind and and rain were unbelievable. There was also a hail storm! First time I have seen hail in Thailand. The wind was stronger than I have ever seen up here before and good size chunks of ice were beating down on my windshield.

Was driving and before my eyes, trees and huge branches were snapping and coming down all over the city. A huge lamyai tree loaded with fruit fell down at the U.S. Consulate. Then as I was about to turn onto Saapan Narawat from near the post office, a huge old tree came down on to the bridge bringing a street light with it. Fortunately I did not see any cars, motorcycles, or pedestrians get hit. I wish I had my camera with me. People all over were taking photos. It was quite a sight. It was also quite dangerous which was why I eventually pulled over. Driving home I saw downed trees and billboards all over.

theres more to come !

im sat facing doi suthep and theres a lot of lightning from the north behind it

the wind is blowing from there and a flag outside my window it horizontal : (

dave2

ps .. i was going out for a drink tonight but ill put that on hold i think

Was anybody in the city around 17:30 this evening? (Specifically the moat). A storm came out of nowhere and the wind and and rain were unbelievable. There was also a hail storm! First time I have seen hail in Thailand. The wind was stronger than I have ever seen up here before and good size chunks of ice were beating down on my windshield.

Was driving and before my eyes, trees and huge branches were snapping and coming down all over the city. A huge lamyai tree loaded with fruit fell down at the U.S. Consulate. Then as I was about to turn onto Saapan Narawat from near the post office, a huge old tree came down on to the bridge bringing a street light with it. Fortunately I did not see any cars, motorcycles, or pedestrians get hit. I wish I had my camera with me. People all over were taking photos. It was quite a sight. It was also quite dangerous which was why I eventually pulled over. Driving home I saw downed trees and billboards all over.

Yes I was driving around the west side of the moat near Ram Hospital at that time.....it came from nowhere! Just 10 mins or so of really really strong storm complete with hail, first time seen hail here!

Was pretty incredible to watch. I took out my camera and filmed it. It actually caught the "wave" pattern the rain was forming.

...and nothing much in Hang Dong. sad.png

Looks like things were more interesting downtown: http://www.cm108.com...aeoaeoaeaaoaoe/

Well, here at amphur Saraphi but just near Ping river, a huge storm followed by a severe rain shower fot about 10 minutes followed by soft rain for about 10-15 minutes.

Unbelievable, this is the first time the electricity didn't break down under such circumstances.

Edited by Joop50

Well, here at amphur Saraphi but just near Ping river, a huge storm followed by a severe rain shower fot about 10 minutes followed by soft rain for about 10-15 minutes.

Unbelievable, this is the first time the electricity didn't break down under such circumstances.

89 Plaza, where I always seem to be when these things hit, experienced a power cut, along with all areas as far as I could see. Perfect thieving opportunity at Fai Bakery outlet was offered, pitch black with those lovely cakes on display, but I resisted. had to return home empty handed because the tills were broken. sad.png

You call that thunder...? i call that all hell breaking loose!!!

Nimmen way it was literally on top of us. I jumped out of my skin!

..it was awesome !!!!!!! :D

No rain up in Mae Taeng for a week, but a few days ago we had another freak lightning storm. Constant lightning right above the house from horizon-to-horizon for 10-15 minutes but no thunder although there were occasional "hisses" and "wumps". It was like being inside one of those glass static balls. Second time this has happened up here this year.