Rain

gotlost

Saw two pairs (4) of cloud seeder planes in the air yesterday...wonder if they had anything to do with it.

No, unless they were seeding clouds in Udon and Nakhon Sawan the day before, and causing thunder and lightening all over the north, this has been entirely natural and predicted by several weather agencies.

Cloud seeders have to wait until all the conditions are there to make rain...maybe they helped give a little nudge in certain areas too maybe? They were headed North East over Huay Kaew when i saw them.

It would be totally awesome if they brought the rain down on slash and burners... clap2.gif

I was lucky again. The rain held off all day when I was hiking, but the rocks were a bit slippery for my hiking shoes. Then, I spent a pleasant evening with friends outside in their garden. It didn't start raining until after I got home. It sure beats the all day rains I get in Canada on the "wet coast"..

• Like 1

I was lucky again. The rain held off all day when I was hiking, but the rocks were a bit slippery for my hiking shoes. Then, I spent a pleasant evening with friends outside in their garden. It didn't start raining until after I got home. It sure beats the all day rains I get in Canada on the "wet coast"..

I like how lucky I feel when I get home at night, Then the rains start.

I also agree the rain here sure beats places where it rains non-stop for days or longer.

The only thing about rain here is it sure can go from zero to a hundred quickly. Then its gone quick as it came.

Edited by mania

It is raining again near Thapae Gate. I hope this means it is going to rain a lot during hot season.

Go back to page 48 (or 46) of this thread. We had the same this time last year, & look how that turned out sick.gif

Edited by MESmith

It is raining again near Thapae Gate. I hope this means it is going to rain a lot during hot season.

Go back to page 48 (or 46) of this thread. We had the same this time last year, & look how that turned out sick.gif

It did rain more often during hot season last year than normal, but the year before was even better (and cooler).

Rain again with thunder and lightning here in the western part of Saraphi. Weather is upset.

Active thunderstorm up here in Mae Taeng at the moment. Had a real gully washer day before yesterday and light showers yesterday.

It did rain more often during hot season last year than normal, but the year before was even better (and cooler).

What we had the year before was wonderful, but the folk downstream might disagree laugh.png

But the floods further south were simply water mismanagement.

Also here a real thunderstorm now with a lot of rain. Poor people in the city at the saturday market and the CM flora.

Just got in from trying to do a couple of things in the city. Huge storm! with very heavy downpour and lightening. Passed by the Wulai Market and Flora Market and everybody was packing it up and getting out of there. People must have lost quite a bit of money with the unexpected change in weather. I know rent is expensive at the Flora market. I can't recall it raining this hard, this time of year in the 6 years I've been here. Also the moat was full to the brim. I am guessing the city filled it to make it look good for the market? I would think it would have had to rained for days to be that full?

After the rain it should be cooler from where you live in Mae tang.

Last night we watched fingers of lightning in clear sky for an hour with occasional bolts to ground a long distance south of us. Occasional thunder but almost continuous high altitude lightning. Tonight the clouds are lighting up in all quadrants as the instability continues. Hard to get a good photo with a point and shoot but here is what it is looking like up here at the moment.

8441388622_7fac50b838_z.jpg

• 2 weeks later...