Rain

gotlost

This unseasonably warm weather is especially bad news for the Thai blanket industry, and charity organizations everywhere who now can't find anyone to take their yearly supply of new blankets.

That sounds typical of the short sighted thinking here. The cool weather will eventually come and then all those who need blankets will be struggling.

Yes. I wish they could find some way to extend the expiry date of blankets, and raise it beyond the current 12 months.

• 1 month later...

Time to drag this thread up I hope.

Accuweather forecasting rain starting tonight, at midnight, again at 4am, then 6-7am, again mid-morning at 10am with another burst at 1pm.

The big rain will be hitting the next two Wednesdays with double digit mm figures expected.

Or maybe it won't rain until the 1st day of Songkran.

Time to drag this thread up I hope.

Accuweather forecasting rain starting tonight, at midnight, again at 4am, then 6-7am, again mid-morning at 10am with another burst at 1pm.

The big rain will be hitting the next two Wednesdays with double digit mm figures expected.

Or maybe it won't rain until the 1st day of Songkran.

A few days would be nice and then it can stop until Songkran.

I would love a large shower of rain everyday of the year. Preferably around 5pm, but I'm willing to negotiatelaugh.png

Preferably accompanied by very strong wind, so as to ground the a$$holes & their paramotors bah.gif

Edited by MESmith

I would love that people stopped posting on this thread for a little while.

I have a nice side bet that the Loi Kroh thread will eventually over take this thread and as a quinella that the ratio of posts to read will be greater on rain than on Loi Kroh (Loi Kroh attracts ore gawkers...who would have thought laugh.png )

I can post here (as it works against me) but no more posting or reading the Loi Kroh thread for me.

Its not illegal, its not gambling...I'm on a sure thing thumbsup.gif

so please ...next time you want to post here think first of the misery, and miserly on Loi Kroh and post there, your reward will be in heaven but you will make my reward on earth a lengthy and free supply of Leo.

Edited by mamborobert

Less than 3hrs to go to Accuweather's midnight rain forecast and they're not changing their forecast. The sky looks very clear, so this is going to be a dramatic roll in of rain clouds. Setting up a seat outside to catch the first drops. Its only expected to be 0.02mm over the hour 0000-0100 and I don't want to miss it.

I wish for a good rain shower every other night or so during burning period so all the smog and dust comes down nicely and we can see and breath normally.

I wish that the burning stops.

I fear that both are wishful thinking.

It doesn't work that way. If it rains every few days, then they can't burn - too wet. So you have a year like 2011 - clear sky through the burn season. It will just delay burning until 2014 and make it bad like it was in 2012.

I wish all Thai farmers would get a tractor (and free fuel) so they can plow their fields under. That the government would haul all detritus away to the compost place for free. And that all hill-tribes people were provided mushroom finder gadgets so they didn't have to burn the dead stuff away so they could find mushrooms easier....did I miss anyone?

I wish all Thai farmers would get a tractor (and free fuel) so they can plow their fields under.

That would not solve the problem. Much of the smoke comes from Laos and Burma.

Some comes from there (presumeably at different times since they lie in opposite directions!) but most comes from closer to home. Already reports of forest fire sightings from friends in Pai.

• Like 1

Had torrential rain on 118 north of Wiang Pa Pao coming back from Mae Sai today. Could hardly see the car in front. Cleared up after less than a km.

Loads of dead corn stalks everywhere up that way. Guess what will happen to them....

Had torrential rain on 118 north of Wiang Pa Pao coming back from Mae Sai today. Could hardly see the car in front. Cleared up after less than a km.

Loads of dead corn stalks everywhere up that way. Guess what will happen to them....

They will morph in to beanstalks, Jack will climb up one of them and --------- ?

1508595.GIF

• Like 1