Kawasaki Vulcan 400 Modifications And Questions

robblok

Hi,

After looking for a bigger bike i sold the kawasaki boss and got a kawasaki vulcan (actually will get it tomorrow). I have tested it today and there is some work that needs be done and i want some improvements.

I want a new steer on the bike as the one that is on it now is not wide enough, i don't like it i want something similar to my boss.

I would like a rack mounted on the back and a box for a helmet, these kind of things and maybe if possible some pedals next to it to support my feet for comfort. I dont know if things like that are possible but i slowly want to improve on this bike because this is the bike im going to keep. It has the power i have been looking for and it seems to be mechanically sound. I do however want good people looking after it and people advised me not to go to the small bike shops.

I live near big king banyai in Nothaburi and wonder if there is a shop around there that could work on the bike. Does anyone have any suggestions.

Howdy,

I'm in 11120 Nonthaburi, off Tiwanon Road. There is a big bike shop with an owner who speaks good English about 500 m on the left driving towards the Don Mueang airport..

www.siambigbike.co.th You can ask them.

No affiliation and no experience with them, except all Green Books are extra :)

At least, there would be no language barrier here.

Chris

Howdy,

I'm in 11120 Nonthaburi, off Tiwanon Road. There is a big bike shop with an owner who speaks good English about 500 m on the left driving towards the Don Mueang airport..

www.siambigbike.co.th You can ask them.

No affiliation and no experience with them, except all Green Books are extra :)

At least, there would be no language barrier here.

Chris

I just went to a small bike shop where i bought a bike previously they gave me some directions and tomorrow im going to the big bike shop. I must say im in love with the bike. The person who said that the kawasaki vulcan is under powered might have compared it with a better bike, im comparing it with a kawasaki boss. I am now able to accelerate fast and overtake cars easily on the faster lanes here in Nonthaburi.

Tomorrow going to get a new back tire and new steer (like it wide then it is now it steers hard at low speeds), and some other work. I wonder how much i can expect to pay for a back tire for a bike like that.

Hey guys. I'm in the United States but your conversation about Kawasaki Vulcans popped up in one of my alerts. I thought I'd post because I'm curious if there are any VRA Chapters (Vulcan Riding Clubs) in Thailand.

Not that i know of but im a novice.