Just So You Know Not All Thai Women Think The Same

yabaaaa

Would your friend who has a farang 30 years older than her still be interested if he did not have any money?

There was this guy I know who had lots of women, most of them beautiful and sweet. But he worried they only loved him for his success in life. His only desire was to find one who loved him sincerely.

So he quit his job as a stocktrader and decided to work at Macdonalds.. Less women were interested in him but .. still many.

He thought maybe they only liked him for his charm, so he changed and told them exactly his thoughts when he thought them :"You are a bit fat" "that pimple is ugly.."can't that little mole on your nipple be removed" "God you are stupid"

Many now dropped away.

But he wanted to find the real ones. He was a top dresser but started to wear any old clothes. To a previously athletic body he managed to add 20kgs of flab and a stoop. Stopped going to a hairdresser and cut his own hair.

Now he was down to one who really loved him.. But did she? And why did she? What was she after?

He couldn't be sure so he dropped her.

Now he has no money or girlfriends but at least he knows that if he ever finds anyone they will love him for what he really is.

sounds like a classic case of depression coupled with chronic alcholism (or worse). More so it sounds like utter nonsense. 20kgs? that is a deathwish.

quit makin' stuff up.

Seems to me he is trying to make the point, if you treat everything with deep suspicion, you may end up with nothing........

perhaps not obvious enough for you........ :)

I don't know about all this. I tend not to think about it these days. I find the whole thing of Thai girls after farangs for their money says nothing to me about my life now. Nothing helpful, at least. I'm married to a Thai, who's 2 years older than me. We're happy, and I never came to Thailand looking for a lay let alone a wife. Call it denial, call it whatever. Say I'm one who got lucky among many who don't. I know what goes on, but honestly I'd like to distance myself from the whole thing as much as possible and not think about it. I really did consider us just 2 people in the beginning who got together because we fell for each other. Is it something else? I must confess I find reading threads like this makes me feel bad, but why is that? My relationship is awesome but somehow all this always makes me feel like an ass. Or maybe smug. But mostly an ass.

I find reading threads like this makes me feel bad, but why is that? My relationship is awesome but somehow all this always makes me feel like an ass. Or maybe smug. But mostly an ass.

Fauxie,

The guys that refer to shallow relationships are only stating what they themselves experience, for the vast majority of people, they will not have the same experiences.

Nobody is coming here and talking about what a wonderful life they have, cos good news doesn't have any appeal, nobody is interested, and if you do happen to be happy, they accuse you of wearing rose tinted glasses.

Simple reason being, they themselves are unhappy, and cannot understand why all other Farangs are not in the same position. :)

Edited by Maigo6

The unfortunate truth of the matter (in my extremely humble opinion) is in 99% of the situations I come across where it's "My wife to be's family want 1 million baht sinsod and a house and a new Vigo/ My wife's brother borrowed my car without permission, got loaded and crashed and I've got to pay for the damage/My wife blows 10000 baht a day playing hi-lo with her pals/My wife kicked me out of the house I bought and installed her Thai husband who I thought was her brother" if I've met the wife in question sadly the thought "Not in the least surprised" immediately comes to mind.

I've come across so many westerners married to women they wouldn't touch with a bargepole back home. I dunno.

I find reading threads like this makes me feel bad, but why is that? My relationship is awesome but somehow all this always makes me feel like an ass. Or maybe smug. But mostly an ass.

Fauxie,

The guys that refer to shallow relationships are only stating what they themselves experience, for the vast majority of people, they will not have the same experiences.

Nobody is coming here and talking about what a wonderful life they have, cos good news doesn't have any appeal, nobody is interested, and if you do happen to be happy, they accuse you of wearing rose tinted glasses.

Simple reason being, they themselves are unhappy, and cannot understand why all other Farangs are not in the same position. :)

There's so much truth in this mate.

I've been happily married for the past 10 years with a 5 year old daughter. My wife's family are business owners. Not CP company but they do OK. My wife is a director of finance for a company. We've never had a bad word between us ever. She bought the house we live in cash. She bought her own car cash. Her folks got me an IPOD for my birthday. Salt of the earth. Normal family stuff.

I quite often run in to folks who've been stitched up or are being made mugs of by their wife/partner and they almost deny that my life's OK. "Just you wait mate. These women bide their time before making their move" "Can't trust them" etc.

Being extremely blunt but I feel like saying "If you're going to marry <deleted> then you're going to get <deleted> and if I'd have met your wife before you married I could have told you she was <deleted>"

It's almost as if I should feel guilty for having a normal marriage with a Thai woman and a loving family

Edited by mca

It's almost as if I should feel guilty for having a normal marriage with a Thai woman and a loving family

I'm gonna agree with you.

Sometimes it really does appear to many posters that if you're happy in Thailand, there must be something wrong with you . :D

Even if you've been married to the same woman for 30 years, you'll still get the " She's biding her time " remarks...... :D

These guys must have a hard time in Thailand, and I don't blame them for feeling bitter and twisted, I just wish they could try to understand that not everybody is in the same position as they are.

It seems perfectly acceptable to run down everything Thai, yet when one speaks against that, you get accused of wearing rose tinted specs, I can't quite understand that either.

Then again, it's a typical attitude of many minorities in foreign countries worldwide.

Oh, poor me , poor me, I can't buy land and house in my name in Thailand !!!!! Is a constant whine amongst many bitter and twisted Farangs..... :)

I knew that 20 years ago, it's not like it's a new ruling that's out to get you, it's been that way ever since I've been here, so I don't even think about it .

Edited by Maigo6

Yes, they are not all connected to some hive mind.

:)

The gene pool a vast number of westerners choose from are though. I'm not trolling or taking the piss. My straight opinion.

Indeed, there are certainly some trends.

Which are?

Oh, we don't talk about THOSE trends.

:D

The unfortunate truth of the matter (in my extremely humble opinion) is in 99% of the situations I come across where it's "My wife to be's family want 1 million baht sinsod and a house and a new Vigo/ My wife's brother borrowed my car without permission, got loaded and crashed and I've got to pay for the damage/My wife blows 10000 baht a day playing hi-lo with her pals/My wife kicked me out of the house I bought and installed her Thai husband who I thought was her brother" if I've met the wife in question sadly the thought "Not in the least surprised" immediately comes to mind.

I've come across so many westerners married to women they wouldn't touch with a bargepole back home. I dunno.

Exactly. !, these guys couldnt select a beer in a brewery, its all about choice and selection,..walking into a bar and marrying the first one that says " hello hamsan man " is not the right way, and yes i have a friend that did just that, she has 4 kids from previous men, looks like she went ( and lost 10 rounds ) with tyson and is a milking machine,...proof that there is a chance for all these girls ! :)

Fauxie,

There's so much truth in this mate.

I've been happily married for the past 10 years with a 5 year old daughter. My wife's family are business owners. Not CP company but they do OK. My wife is a director of finance for a company. We've never had a bad word between us ever. She bought the house we live in cash. She bought her own car cash. Her folks got me an IPOD for my birthday. Salt of the earth. Normal family stuff.

I quite often run in to folks who've been stitched up or are being made mugs of by their wife/partner and they almost deny that my life's OK. "Just you wait mate. These women bide their time before making their move" "Can't trust them" etc.

Being extremely blunt but I feel like saying "If you're going to marry <deleted> then you're going to get <deleted> and if I'd have met your wife before you married I could have told you she was <deleted>"

Well put, its the " i had a bad fortuner, so they are all <deleted> " syndrome,.except with a bad fortuner it would be just bad luck, not because you couldnt pick a cake in a cake shop,. :D Edited by imaneggspurt

Fauxie,

Good point. For me I see myself as a man in a relationship with a woman, plain and simple. The cultural differences aren't lost on me, of course. My wife's family are working class and we do our bit to support them, but though I was young when I met my now wife and probably really quite naive I feel I had common sense and instincts enough to not be taken for a ride. I would've been out of here. My wife's a decent, like-minded person, as are her family, so that's never been an issue. It all seems fairly normal to me and so distant from what I read on here sometimes. The fact that I'm in a 'Farang man with Thai woman relationship' only really crosses my mind here on this site! She's my first and only though, and we've been together for over 8 years now, so this is all I know. I'm sappy, a romantic, maybe still naive in some respects, but I'm not stupid and I most certainly am happy. Thanks for helping to remind me that that's just cool and I needn't feel bad about it in any way.