Cannot Access Yahoo Mail

Maejo Man

Althought my 3 Mbps connection is running a little slow (so what's new) my Yahoo mail page refuses to load, and just locks up. No problems anywhere else. Is this a problem common to my connection, or has anyone else experienced this?

I’m outside Thailand at the moment and just tried to check mine.

I can sign into messenger then click on mail. The box opens up telling me I have no mail or voice messages.

If I click on voice messages I can see my old voice messages but if I try to check my mail a webpage opens asking if I want to sign up for yahoo mail. Weird.

No problems for me with (slow) Maxnet from Pattaya. I use Yahoo Asia (because POP is for free there). But what message do you get exactly when it "locks" up? Did you check if there is a wrong entry in the HOSTS file?

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

Do you use proxies depending on the url?

Did you clean your internet cache & cookies?

If this all does not help - do you use the internet from Thailand ;-)))))

No problems for me with (slow) Maxnet from Pattaya. I use Yahoo Asia (because POP is for free there). But what message do you get exactly when it "locks" up? Did you check if there is a wrong entry in the HOSTS file?

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

Do you use proxies depending on the url?

Did you clean your internet cache & cookies?

If this all does not help - do you use the internet from Thailand ;-)))))

Host file remains unchanged, also cookies. Cache and off line files are cleared every day as a matter of course, and no proxies used.

Never had a problem before and there seems no reason for it.

I go to open the page, and the header loads then nothing, with the mouse inactive. On closing I get the usual..."this programme is not responding" :)

I go to open the page, and the header loads then nothing, with the mouse inactive. On closing I get the usual..."this programme is not responding" :)

If the program is not responding it looks more like a browser problem. What browser do you use? Did you try a different browser to see if the problems are the same? Did you scan for virus? Do you have the lastest flash player installed?