Aborgines...?

Matts

I heard the most beautiful voice,in a bar somewhere,I had to find out who it was.It was a thaigirl(lady) that was behind that song,nowbody could give answer, besides for an old man that claimed she was a popular singer from Thailand,he said her name was Parn,and it was aborgines music,how is that? Aborgines is from Austrailia? can you give me some answers? I would like to hear more of this great singer in thailanguage...M

Although 'aborgine' is associated with Australia, it is a term , latin ? anybody ? :D that means native or original inhabitants. Maybe that's what the old fella in the bar meant.

Either that, or some crusty backpacker with a didgeredoo :o

maybe he meant 'folk' like aborigines are 'natives' so may be 'luuk thung' of the older really original stuff??? the stuff that no issan thai younger than 30 will really listen to??

what taiwanese aborigineses???

Parn is a Thai singer. I am not sure why they refer to her music as aborigine because while her songs and music videos are special, she is not a country or "luk thung" singer. Her songs could be perhaps classified as pop or folk-pop. I think her debut album is called The Lover--Yes, her album is named in English and not Thai.

I am not aware that she sings in English too...But she does have a Eurasian look.

Parn is a Thai singer.  I am not sure why they refer to her music as aborigine because while her songs and music videos are special, she is not  a country or "luk thung" singer.  Her songs could be perhaps  classified as pop or folk-pop.  I think her debut album is called The Lover--Yes, her album  is named in English and not Thai. 

I am not aware that she sings in English too...But she does have a Eurasian look.

I found the album,but it`s all in Thai so could you give information in english please?

What is "luk thung" means?

I do speak nitnoy thai but on the album is to much for me...Kob kun khap...

Slightly off topic

Quote Bina

"what taiwanese aborigineses??? "

From

http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/encyclope...e_aborigine.htm

"Taiwanese aborigines or aboriginal peoples are the indigenous peoples of Taiwan

They are a group of Austronesian people, who are descended from the inhabitants of Taiwan who lived on the island before the Han immigration in the 1600's."

NL

"Luk thung" literally translates as child-fields (children of the fields), and "luk thung" songs are often referred to in English as Thai country music.

Sorry I really am not aware that she has an album out in English...You might wanna ask the people at the CD store.

Parn is a Thai singer.  I am not sure why they refer to her music as aborigine because while her songs and music videos are special, she is not  a country or "luk thung" singer.  Her songs could be perhaps  classified as pop or folk-pop.  I think her debut album is called The Lover--Yes, her album  is named in English and not Thai. 

I found the album,but it`s all in Thai so could you give information in english please?

What is "luk thung" means?

I do speak nitnoy thai but on the album is to much for me...Kob kun khap...